AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-05, 21:15   Link #41
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Oh my god. The last scene of the episode was just hilarious. Though its not as scary as Ghost Hunt, its definitely funnier. The soundtrack was also pretty good. I can't wait for the next episode. XD
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 21:48   Link #42
wingman32x

Watched episode 1, and I freakin loved it! It's downright hilarious. When I read the preview, I thought it would be a good series if it didn't take itself seriously, and that's exactly what happened. I'm very pleased with how this episode went. Def. a series I'll follow weekly.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 21:50   Link #43
TCman

Wow, this is for me one of the better shows this season. What stand out in this show for me are the presentation, concept, character design and the fine balance between the serious and comical parts of this anime. Awesome!

And anyone noticed the teleporter at the beginning? It really looks like the one from the movie "The Fly". Perhaps a reference to the movie.

Also the last scene of the "golden ray of light", I was thinking of an alien who was coming descending to earth at first, then a few seconds later the scene reminded me a little of Eden of the East/Higashi no Eden (also pay attention to the Silhouette bulge/lump of the rotating descending body; it's a male) and finally "The Terminator" (where "Arnie" came back in time naked in crounching position).
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 22:08   Link #44
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
Ah, when I saw the Anime no Chikara logo, I was so turned off, the previous two shows were damn boring ...

Quote:
Spoiler for ep1:
... but this one turned quite interesting, though the character designs are not to my taste

Quote:
Spoiler for ep1:
That was also strange, but then again AnC has to be artsy (character designs & ED animation), otherwise the first episode was solid

Oh! and to whoever found ghost hunt scary, WTF mate It's a shoujo show next thing you'll say that X is creepy
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 23:09   Link #45
Joojoobees

I thought there were parts of Ghost Hunt that were quite scary.

Occult Academy seems to be off to a great start. I was surprised, too, but unlike many comments here, I expected the humor and was surprised by the action and the believability of Maya's emotion at the end. Having seen all that (no, not the dude, I mean the first part of the show), I can understand why she hates the occult so much. I thought her motivation was very understandable.

Spoiler for Speculation:
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 23:15   Link #46
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Spoiler for Speculation:
Spoiler for speculation:
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 23:48   Link #47
Reticia

I lol'd a lot, I wasn't expecting something like that. It's better than what I was expecting. I like this anime even more, it looks like epic

Spoiler:

Surely the best show of this season
Old 2010-07-06, 00:16   Link #48
Iron Maw
Banned

Definitely the "Surprise of the Season". Unless something else comes along this show closest contender for my pick of the season with HoTD following close behind. Lots of potential here and the lead is pretty great.

Maybe there is hope for "Anime no Chikara" after all.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 00:42   Link #49
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Definitely the "Surprise of the Season". Unless something else comes along this show closest contender for my pick of the season with HoTD following close behind. Lots of potential here and the lead is pretty great.

Maybe there is hope for "Anime no Chikara" after all.
Agree 100%. I thought it had potential going by the summary and trailer, but this anime STILL surprised me at how well they executed it. I don't think it could have had a better opening episode. I said this earlier, but I love how the show decided not to take itself seriously, almost making fun of itself at times. Seeing the undead glasses girl drop her glasses and go "Megane... Megane..." made me bust out laughing. The principals tape was funny too.

BTW, what's "Anime no Chikara"?
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:06   Link #50
thefeared

Absolutely hilarious. Loved it.
thefeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:16   Link #51
JiffyGB
*snicker*

crackpot theory time!

The commander of the "time squad" is the principal. He did talk about resurrection during his tape, after all. Oh fantastic, I didn't notice the shadows until you guys pointed it out. Best first episode of the season for me!
JiffyGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:24   Link #52
Tom Bombadil

Definitely the leader of the season at the moment. I loved the first episode. It is hilarious.
Old 2010-07-06, 01:25   Link #53
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Debut episode hugely popular on 2channel. Running at 83-76-63 posts an hour over the past three threads. Slightly ahead of Highschool of the Dead, and even K-On.

One poster described it as "Bakemonogatari without the moe." Lol.

Another poster said: "Who's Hikasa? All I know is Orikasa."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:28   Link #54
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
BTW, what's "Anime no Chikara"?
It's the name of the production house that did the show. In Japanese it means "Strength (or Power, Energy, etc.) of Anime".
Old 2010-07-06, 01:31   Link #55
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Why does Maya always looks pissed off?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:36   Link #56
saya_leviathan

Good episode, there are a lot of funny parts there like the last scene where Uchida arrived from the sky and he's naked and Maya, having this WTF face.

And yes, I did see the shadow of his penis LOL
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:59   Link #57
Preacher

Interesting. Ghost Busters as a canon obviously. The only thing i hope it focuses on humor and doesnt become to serious and dark in few episodes.

Plot wise episode was really bad though and "horror" was Kaidan Restorant level - but hope horror isnt the focus of this show.
Old 2010-07-06, 02:05   Link #58
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For anyone who can read Japanese, director Itou Tomohiko is on Twitter. Generally just thanks to various people for watching the show.

This is his first full show as director. He was assistant director on The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and directed episodes of Death Note, Claymore, Kurozuka, Nougami Neuro and last year's Stitch.

By the way, Hikasa Youko (Maya) said on her blog today how thrilled she was to get a role in this year's Stitch, since it is a Disney show (and a show in the top ten of TV ratings). She's happy to get a regular role (as Reika), and to work surrounded by great veterans. She says she'll learn a lot and will work very hard.

Anime no Chikara is an anime production project of TV Tokyo and Aniplex (i.e., Sony). The anime are all original works, supposed to show the creative power of anime. All are made by animation studio A-1 (which is owned by Aniplex). They are on Monday nights from 1:30 to 2. The first in the series was Sora no Woto, the second was Senkou no Night Raid, and this is the third.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 02:07   Link #59
Preacher

Well, "made by A-1" is bit of incorrect statement, as lots of other subcontracts are involved in production of their anime (XEBEC, MADHOUSE, even JCSTAFF in Sora no Woto e.t.c they split and outsource a lot of work). Its more like "Anime power united!" where Aniplex hires best people of the industry.
Old 2010-07-06, 02:26   Link #60
Silverwyrm

So is the glasses girl fully dead, or was she just possessed with the whole thing about, kill the original?
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote