Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-08-17, 20:03   Link #141
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowai View Post
Recent interview from Kishi says that this is not the climax/end of the story..
*Edit source: http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/07/...urprises-left/
I agree that it feels like it is wrapping up but apparently Kishi has more in him? Lol

Kishimoto said he was planning on about 75 more chapters (a year and a half) but that given how slow it's moving now it might be more.

That's easily enough time for this to wrap up, for the juubi to be fully arrived, then for Naruto v Sasuke, and Naruto to save the world from the ninja system etc, but not much more.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 04:14   Link #142
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I always imagined Sasuke would be the final boss for Naruto anyway
I didn't think until Itachi's second death. He was a mindless hate-machine until now, he was not fit to be a the final enemy of Naruto. He was used by Tobi, just like Nagato and others. But after the Sasuke-Itachi-Kabuto encounter we see a great change in Sasuke, he is now acting like a smart person. The driving force behind his actions is still hatred, but now he wants to understand the world and set his own goals for the future instead of blindly following Tobi's direct or indirect orders. He will now have his own path which i believe will be that of the founder of the Uchiha clan, the son of the sage of 6 paths that chose to rule the world by force. I would like to see a situation where Sasuke becomes the ruler of the world as a kind of a warlord, and that would make Naruto a revolutionary who fights for freedom. One reason is that it was always odd for me that the ninjas let normal people be the feudal lords, why would people with supernatural powers let normal people rule the world, it never made sense to me. Too bad that this won't happen because Kishimoto would never want to face the implications of this decision. Most importantly that in this new world order each ninja we know now would have to choose between joining Sasuke's army or Naruto's resistance army. Of course there would be too many adult themes in the manga, like the choice between forced peace by a world government and war for freedom. Sasuke would probably want the majority of the current ninja alliance to join his side, so he would play "divide and conquer" by using the hatred between ninja villages, for example promising to the raikage that if he becomes Sasuke's general he will spare his village and his ninja village will not be destroyed but be part of the empire.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 04:25   Link #143
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ninjas allow normal people to rule because ninjas are for fighting not for ruling. They're tools, remember?

Plus it's profitable.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 17:56   Link #144
b1gdawg

I remember reading somewhere at the beginning of the month that the much anticipated villain would be revealed this month. 2 chapters remaining this month, can't wait, but for some reason i feel the story is better when we don't know who Tobi is. If it does end up being Obito, i would imagine Kakashi/Naruto changing his "corrupted" mind and he would end up fighting against Madara with them.

Also i was looking over the Kakashi Gaiden Chapters (239) like i'm sure a lot of people did. The last page of 238, i think its Zetsu saying, "we only have 3 years". Any idea of why its only 3 years? or who the 20 ft tall guy next to Kisame is?

Last edited by b1gdawg; 2012-08-18 at 18:15.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 18:12   Link #145
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
I remember reading somewhere at the beginning of the month that the much anticipated villain would be revealed this month. 2 chapters remaining this month, can't wait, but for some reason i feel the story is better when we don't know who Tobi is. If it does end up being Obito, i would imagine Kakashi/Naruto changing his "corrupted" mind and he would end up fighting against Madara with them.
I think prolonging TObi's Identity for almost 5 years was a bad idea......
Im pretty sure someone will be pissed off whoever TObi is... im pretty sure,
Old 2012-08-18, 18:47   Link #146
b1gdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
oh yah, no doubt people are gonna be pissed on who it is. There are so many clues for so many characters, Rin just looking up at the Stars makes part of me think that Rin is Tobi, but the majority of the clues point to Obito, which makes us all think it's Obito, but i feel that's exactly what Kishi wants -_-

Prolonging Tobi's identity was smart, keeping his abilities and intentions a secret etc. But im with you on the 5 years thing, that's really annoying. But the main thing about Tobi's identity is that he had some connection with Konoha and has some reason to get revenge on the Uchiha.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 01:18   Link #147
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
Also i was looking over the Kakashi Gaiden Chapters (239) like i'm sure a lot of people did. The last page of 238, i think its Zetsu saying, "we only have 3 years". Any idea of why its only 3 years? or who the 20 ft tall guy next to Kisame is?
i think 3 years pertained to how long it would take to fill the gedo mazo with bijous so it remained in balance, but over the years, kishi kind of dumped that idea. i could be wrong. also, i think it's safe to say that the huge guy was probably one of kakuzu's partners who he killed before they recruited hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I think it was a great idea. it's th ebiggest hyped anime mystery ive ever seen and its been fun to debate and think about for so long. i just hope it turns out better than lost the tv series...

ive thought it was an obito/madara combo for a while, but if its not (although it is at least part obito for sure so far) i wont be pissed as long as it makes sense without retconning the whole story and ignoring stuff that pointed to obito and madara
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 01:51   Link #148
Mateus

^
I remember the 3 years thing, I thought it just was made to tie-in with Sasuke/Orochimaru's training because of the arm sealing or the fox - because if I recall correctly Akatsuki didn't even start capturing biju until part II.
Old 2012-08-19, 01:53   Link #149
Kowai

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i think it's safe to say that the huge guy was probably one of kakuzu's partners who he killed before they recruited hidan

Things like this make me desperately want an "akatsuki" chronicals/spin-off
Old 2012-08-19, 12:00   Link #150
itachi-san314

Quote:
^
I remember the 3 years thing, I thought it just was made to tie-in with Sasuke/Orochimaru's training because of the arm sealing or the fox - because if I recall correctly Akatsuki didn't even start capturing biju until part II.
before the end of the first series I remember jiraiya telling kakashi intel he obtained about akatsuki that they needed 3 years of prep work before they set their bijou plan in action. not exactly sure what that all meant though. the 3 years also pertained to orochimaru's timeline for switching bodies with sasuke so basically it explained why nothing of importance happened between the timeskip since both evil forces had to wait a convenient 3 years to make their moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowai View Post
Things like this make me desperately want an "akatsuki" chronicals/spin-off
me too. i always wanted the filler arcs to be about random akatsuki missions but alas...... they always felt the need to make k11 relevant again and add in new crappy filler characters like sora and yuuchimaru and guren and whoever else I'd like to forget
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 12:00   Link #151
Mists

Quote:
I always imagined Sasuke would be the final boss for Naruto anyway, he's pretty cemented in his ways and they are due for a rematch of the VOTE fight - only this time with Naruto as the obvious victor and Sasuke realizing he's been wrong and returning to the village
Sasuke is not 'there' yet to challenge Naruto in a VOTE fight. Something has to give, either something this man who knows everything says, or something deep down in Sasuke's soul snaps. Right now, Sas just hates Konoha.

Perhaps there is no fight yet but only in the future when Naruto is Hokage and Sas is rogue.

Remember, Kishi made references to many promised fights that never happened - Deidera vs Naruto again, Kabuto vs Naruto, etc.... each character promised to fight again. I think Oro vs Naruto again was even in there.
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 15:48   Link #152
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah but those are just normal fight. You can't really decide to cut out the final boss and expect to have a story to end. Besides does Naruto even NEED anymore spotlight?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 18:29   Link #153
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
Sasuke is not 'there' yet to challenge Naruto in a VOTE fight. Something has to give, either something this man who knows everything says, or something deep down in Sasuke's soul snaps. Right now, Sas just hates Konoha.

Perhaps there is no fight yet but only in the future when Naruto is Hokage and Sas is rogue.

Remember, Kishi made references to many promised fights that never happened - Deidera vs Naruto again, Kabuto vs Naruto, etc.... each character promised to fight again. I think Oro vs Naruto again was even in there.
Sasuke will more than likely be Naruto's final challenge of the story, whether it be a serious rematch from Part I or a friendly sparring match to test each other's abilities. You can't honestly believe that Sasuke *won't* want to face Naruto in the end lol

And nowhere near Naruto's level? Are we forgetting his EMS? His completed Susanoo? Plus whatever is in-store for him via Orochimaru next. Besides Sasuke has more than enough plot armor to protect him from being killed even by Naruto (who wouldn't kill him anyway). All in all in the grand scheme of things I doubt "Sasuke is not in Naruto's league" is going to prevent the Uchiha Massacre survivor from challenging his long time rival even if by all accounts he will lose this time around.

Last edited by Mateus; 2012-08-21 at 19:49.
Mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 18:41   Link #154
Raph
Genin for ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
Kishimoto said he was planning on about 75 more chapters (a year and a half) but that given how slow it's moving now it might be more.
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/07/...urprises-left/

That's easily (...)
Kinda favor please
Can somebody send me the contain of the page from this link? I'd be thankful.

When I click on it, my McAfee warns me not to enter that site, I do not want to risk, but want to read the interview with kishi.
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 23:28   Link #155
Mateus

So...the manga chapter will be out like, tomorrow and still no spoilers?
Old 2012-08-22, 00:08   Link #156
james0246

Chapter 598 discussion thread has been opened. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion