AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-23, 18:25   Link #641
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyorobsky View Post
@Bludvein
So it's 350 chapters of the MC adventuring, exploring the game.
Nearly nothing is knwon from his life outside the game.
Judging by the tags there is no potential love interest (I like it when there is a bit of romance). Does he have friends (importants caracters in the story or not) in the game?
Little infos about the main antagonist(s). Few events related to the main antagonist(s).

... ... As you said, not for everyone... I may try it later... Who knows, maybe I'll like the game more than the story
He has friends, including two women summoners who occasionally accompany him, but neither of them seem to be love interests. There's also one woman archer that embarrassed him when he tried to use a grappling takedown during a pvp tournament(by making it seem like he was some kind of molester). She has tried to "defeat" him a couple times since, with some hint of being tsundere. Nothing has really been made of it yet.

It's mostly just his attempts to go around soloing and level his stable of monsters.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 20:09   Link #642
sunsown

@amatsunagi
About the novel Sayonara Ryuusei Konnichiwa Jinsei I started reading and I finished the 4th chapter. I was astonished at how huge each chapter was. But it is a nice read though. Great share.

I was wondering if you could share who the main characters and antagonists are and their brief character descriptions.
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 05:30   Link #643
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

After taking up amatsunagi's recommendation, 精霊幻想記 ~こんな世界で出会えた君に~ and indulging in it for four days straight, I feel like I am going to cry in my dream each time I remember about Hart (Rio) 's hardship man!!
I can feel my heart breaking apart due to not being able to endure all of those overflowing emotion that seem to make me explode at any moment man!!
I really want Endo-sama to take this up because the GT is not good enough to express the true value of this WN........
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 05:31   Link #644
tonyorobsky

Hummm...
Guess I will try it sooner than expected...
tonyorobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 05:45   Link #645
laon
Hantai

Not interested in shoujo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsown View Post
@amatsunagi
About the novel Sayonara Ryuusei Konnichiwa Jinsei I started reading and I finished the 4th chapter. I was astonished at how huge each chapter was. But it is a nice read though. Great share.

I was wondering if you could share who the main characters and antagonists are and their brief character descriptions.
I don't think there's anything that could be called true antagonist given how OP the MC is.

Spoiler:
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 12:08   Link #646
Mahesvara

Sorry for Engrish

I want to read these awesome novels but i can't understand either MT or Japanese. I know MT is pointless so i will learn Japanese but i don't know where to start. Any advice will help greatly.
I finished Hiragana/Katakana and very few Kanji (it's so hard ). Someone said learning Kana and basic grammar then using Rikka for unknown Kanjis will do it, so;
1) Where can i find source for grammar and what level will suffice for most novels?
2) Is there a site/app for converting Kanji to Kana or Romaji?
3) Approximately how many months will take for avarage person to be able to read most of novels without tools help?

Also other advices will help greatly, thanks in advance
Mahesvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 12:22   Link #647
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesvara View Post
Sorry for Engrish

I want to read these awesome novels but i can't understand either MT or Japanese. I know MT is pointless so i will learn Japanese but i don't know where to start. Any advice will help greatly.
I finished Hiragana/Katakana and very few Kanji (it's so hard ). Someone said learning Kana and basic grammar then using Rikka for unknown Kanjis will do it, so;
1) Where can i find source for grammar and what level will suffice for most novels?
3) Approximately how many months will take for avarage person to be able to read most of novels without tools help?

1, many sources, shinkanzen master, so-matome, etc... is what i can named, but if you are only at kata, hiragana completion and few Kanji then i will assumed that your JP study only started for 2-3 months at it's longest, if's so. this is going to be hard since the average should be 3 years.

2. many, i suggesting using Mecab, Jparser since they are easy to see and they have the option to show Furigana. which is easy for learning.

3. depend, you will take about 2-2.5 years in order to master the grammar, but whether you can completely independent from dictionary and tool is mostly depend on your vocabulary, so all it's boil down is how much vocabulary you have after master the grammar.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 12:40   Link #648
Mahesvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
1, many sources, shinkanzen master, so-matome, etc... is what i can named, but if you are only at kata, hiragana completion and few Kanji then i will assumed that your JP study only started for 2-3 months at it's longest, if's so. this is going to be hard since the average should be 3 years.

2. many, i suggesting using Mecab, Jparser since they are easy to see and they have the option to show Furigana. which is easy for learning.

3. depend, you will take about 2-2.5 years in order to master the grammar, but whether you can completely independent from dictionary and tool is mostly depend on your vocabulary, so all it's boil down is how much vocabulary you have after master the grammar.
Thank you so much
Well, i am not completely newbie for Japanese, i am watching animes for years but never officially start to learn it. I hope it will help for learning
Old 2014-09-24, 13:08   Link #649
NovelReader

Quote:
Sorry for Engrish

I use TA with Jparser so you can start with that.
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 14:31   Link #650
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Thank you so much
Well, i am not completely newbie for Japanese, i am watching animes for years but never officially start to learn it. I hope it will help for learning
I made a thread about this, but give imabi.net a try It's a great resource (although i use it as a supplement to my studies)

But, if you don't have a high mastery of understanding english, it'll be hard, since it's an english site (but they have some alternative language projects)
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 15:18   Link #651
Mahesvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovelReader View Post
I use TA with Jparser so you can start with that.
Thanks, i downloaded it

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian otaku #1 View Post
I made a thread about this, but give imabi.net a try It's a great resource (although i use it as a supplement to my studies)

But, if you don't have a high mastery of understanding english, it'll be hard, since it's an english site (but they have some alternative language projects)
I love it, it has so many lessons thanks man
Old 2014-09-24, 18:01   Link #652
sunsown

@laon
Spoiler for Sayonara Ryuusei Konnichiwa Jinsei:
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 04:15   Link #653
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Hmm that Slave harem one was recommended to me. The RO template ripoff is a plus I guess.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 18:06   Link #654
Astraeia

I tried reading the slave harem one. What should I say... it's barely readable by skipping ~80% of the text. And even then it felt so slow, like nothing was happening.
Old 2014-09-26, 21:31   Link #655
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeia View Post
I tried reading the slave harem one. What should I say... it's barely readable by skipping ~80% of the text. And even then it felt so slow, like nothing was happening.
I have to admit I skipped through a good number of dungeon mob fights. After a while it felt kind of repetitive like running into random encounter battles in a FF or Pokemon game. Just skip straight to the point where items drop and it's all good.

A lot of the enjoyment on my end was the RO elements probably, I played RO quite a bit in the past and the read was nostalgic on that end.

Other than that, I didn't feel there was much of a purpose to the series as a whole, it was more like an adventure slice of life with RPG elements. The MC doesn't really want to return home he's just exploring the world, leveling up, making a living, expanding his harem, and learning how to abuse his infinite resets in the RO ripoff world mechanics.

If you enjoy the first 30-40 chapters or so you'll enjoy the whole thing, but if you don't you probably won't enjoy it at all.

Edit: Hmm I only just realized it as well, but the multiple jobs aspect, and the 20x rates things, a lot of the MCs cheat key with his reset is exactly the same as free server cheats. The free servers offered different experience rates from 1x to 20x or higher, different level caps, and advanced jobs, etc... his OP cheat is kind of like he's in a free server world, lol.
Old 2014-09-26, 21:54   Link #656
Astraeia

It wasn't just the lack of purpose that turned me off. Only Sense Online is slice-of-lifey, too, (and gamey) and I love the living crap out of that one. Slave Harem's execution is just that bad. Take when he notices he's not in a game world and he's murdered the bandits. There's a short Oh Crap moment, then he decides he's quite alright with it after all and it never comes up again. BOOORING. The MC was just a vehicle to show the world mechanics, move from one place to another and buy a slave, not a proper person. I wasn't happy with the first slave, either.

(and, well, let's not talk about the mob battles)
Old 2014-09-29, 02:14   Link #657
lemonedSM
the show must go on

異世界迷宮で奴隷ハーレムを it only has 5 chapter translated so far...
damn that spoiler, it piqued my interest to read it.

anyway, i once read a tensei translation where the MC is a retired spec ops drill instructor, that died in a mission, but forgot the title.

when he reincarnated he can't use magic/his magic is low class type in a world where the society is based by their magic.

if there's an info about this, i would welcome it.

-rant-
there's that, and then, i was wondering, why the kind of novel that is recommended here is rarely seen in western fantasy literature with main theme of reborn, transported, or even combining fantasy with sci-fi elements (there's hell's gate by david webber, and that's that)?

the one i do found that involves some sort of fantasy/time travel/reborn/transported/any of those combined are mostly targeted to female audiences, in which the story usually has hard gay male MC, or submissive underwear model male if the lead mc are female.
this is good for female audiences or for those that like that sort of stuff.

while the more traditional fantasy genre now falls into the generic grimdark, or save the world, or a rogue, which after a while it kinda boring, sure there's some good one, which while using the same template manage to introduce something fresh, like the kingkiller chronicle (basically grimdark voodoo harry potter with badass OP), stormlight archive (storm is used to recharge your money, and op is superman, and it's trying to revive the JLA), and quite a few more.

but that's it, it only revolves on the same old high-fantasy, sometimes they introduce guns and cannon and warfare like the one you would find in napoleon era (powder mage trilogy).

i kinda miss old fantasy like john carter of mars and conan the barbarian where the story is interesting and without the need to focus about realism, politically correct, or any other convoluted stuff.

-rant end-
lemonedSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 04:43   Link #658
Mahesvara

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonedSM View Post
異世界迷宮で奴隷ハーレムを it only has 5 chapter translated so far...
damn that spoiler, it piqued my interest to read it.

anyway, i once read a tensei translation where the MC is a retired spec ops drill instructor, that died in a mission, but forgot the title.

when he reincarnated he can't use magic/his magic is low class type in a world where the society is based by their magic.

if there's an info about this, i would welcome it.

-rant-
there's that, and then, i was wondering, why the kind of novel that is recommended here is rarely seen in western fantasy literature with main theme of reborn, transported, or even combining fantasy with sci-fi elements (there's hell's gate by david webber, and that's that)?

the one i do found that involves some sort of fantasy/time travel/reborn/transported/any of those combined are mostly targeted to female audiences, in which the story usually has hard gay male MC, or submissive underwear model male if the lead mc are female.
this is good for female audiences or for those that like that sort of stuff.

while the more traditional fantasy genre now falls into the generic grimdark, or save the world, or a rogue, which after a while it kinda boring, sure there's some good one, which while using the same template manage to introduce something fresh, like the kingkiller chronicle (basically grimdark voodoo harry potter with badass OP), stormlight archive (storm is used to recharge your money, and op is superman, and it's trying to revive the JLA), and quite a few more.

but that's it, it only revolves on the same old high-fantasy, sometimes they introduce guns and cannon and warfare like the one you would find in napoleon era (powder mage trilogy).

i kinda miss old fantasy like john carter of mars and conan the barbarian where the story is interesting and without the need to focus about realism, politically correct, or any other convoluted stuff.

-rant end-

It's "World Teacher". http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...12#post1636312 you can read it here but after third chapter, translator dropped this
Old 2014-09-29, 16:28   Link #659
tonyorobsky

World teacher, I started it and I liked it, but I still put it aside (for the time being) because the MC is the kind of guy that wouldn't show much "interest" to the opposite gender (and I like my stories with some romance and better with harem, even if the world is hard and cruel).

I tried "Different world extravaganza that starts from Desumachi"
Spoiler for link:
but I didn't like the way the MC got ridiculously OP (Heck, which MMO game programer would give a starting level 1 character an OOOOP skill like "meteor rain"???), and how ridiculously get stronger (he does something once and he get the skill like striking an enemy with a sword once to get the sword skill and then use his overwhelming amount of bonus points to max it to rank 10), so I dropped it (though the fight with the demon was nice)

I enjoy "who robbed who rob"
Spoiler for link:
, I like the way he get stronger and how some people are eyeing him, and I like it also because of the harem, especially the first girl, who has some issues she has to deal with as well. Things are bound to get really interesting. Especially since the author has resumed his almost 3 times/month releases!!
(If there is action/adventure, fantasy/sci-fi, harem & romance, then it's always a big + for me... also if there is cruel depiction, I'm sick a "flowery" stories, the world isn't that soft)

I started (and caugh up to) "My original college seems genius of the magician world"
Spoiler for link:
Well, one of the reasons I like it is because I like science and the idea to use science to improve magic ability. Well, that MC, it would have been more interesting if he didn't have so much more magic than others (he already has knowledge that allow him to use unknown types of magic and with less consumption) but it's still fine. I like the first girl he met more than the second, she is funny. I hope he will learn to make enchanted object (by engraving a kind of program in it to absorb the magic in the air/in the holder and transform it for a specific application, kinda like "Sword and Magic"). I look forward to his growth.

Still many WN on my waiting list that I need to start... Damn you Syosetsuka ni Narou!! Why don't you let me rest!!!!
tonyorobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 18:09   Link #660
bludvein

For World Teacher, I think it would be disturbing if Sirius actually was interested. He has the mind of an old man, and all the options are young teenage girls. Really, his only choice is that elf he meets in the first few chapters. She was supposed to come out of the forest around the time he is 15, right? I haven't really been following it lately.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel