AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-11-22, 13:04   Link #4441
ace firefist
Kerazy.com Editor

Send a message via MSN to ace firefist
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I had a 2 year down time a couple weeks after I registered, but that was because I didn't know what to say and didn't know how to dicuss properly without sounding like a pre 16 year old with way to much sugar desu desu desu. To avoid the humiliation and to avoid being a hated user who does nothing but tamble that one or two shows are the best because that was all she had seen at the time I decided to do some research on my own, it was about 2-3 years later or even more I don't know that I actually came back to discuss anime and figure out what was new. At the time I registered Asuki was my only anime source so when things were licensed I didn't understand what happened, when I came back I was fully intergrated into using torrents etc. =)
But I'm male, granted I was 13 at the time, but still...I can't really read my posts without cringing and thinking "Oh..my God".
ace firefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 13:18   Link #4442
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Good to know. But you still have to study you know.
Old 2010-11-22, 23:20   Link #4443
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace firefist View Post
But I'm male, granted I was 13 at the time, but still...I can't really read my posts without cringing and thinking "Oh..my God".
I said some stupid stuff when I first registered here as well. And as can be expected from age 14-21 I have changed quite a bit. Not sure how much my posting style has changed; even back then I took a conversational approach like I do now. The main difference is my ideas and maturity level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
An interesting, and potentially embarrassing, question.

Quite a bit has changed since my first post in AnimeSuki, back in April 2006.
That first post is still unmistakeably yours.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 00:04   Link #4444
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
An interesting, and potentially embarrassing, question.

Quite a bit has changed since my first post in AnimeSuki, back in April 2006.
This got me curious about myself, but I find I run up against the Great Time Wall of 2005 when Animesuki crashed into a black hole (with toasted backups). So unfortunately, all I can point to is some inane "who do you like?" post in 12/2005 though I had a fair number of postings a year or two before that (I think I started appearing here in 2003?)

Not much changed other than I'm less likely to be a curmudgeon at any given instant (hard to believe, yes).
Old 2010-11-23, 02:13   Link #4445
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This got me curious about myself, but I find I run up against the Great Time Wall of 2005 when Animesuki crashed into a black hole (with toasted backups). So unfortunately, all I can point to is some inane "who do you like?" post in 12/2005 though I had a fair number of postings a year or two before that (I think I started appearing here in 2003?)
If you were here in 2003, shouldn't your account (minus most posts and threads you made in 2005) be safe? I thought that 2005 incident only affected those of us who registered in 2005 pre-December.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 02:49   Link #4446
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
If you were here in 2003, shouldn't your account (minus most posts and threads you made in 2005) be safe? I thought that 2005 incident only affected those of us who registered in 2005 pre-December.
It destroyed my "pre-December 2005" account, I had to re-register. My memory is a bit fuzzy on where in 2003 as I was splitting time between several forums looking for one that I liked the moderation of. I was here before Shuffle! had its original run starting in Dec 2003... so that pretty much puts it in the 2003 period.
Old 2010-11-23, 03:04   Link #4447
monster

Quote:
It destroyed my "pre-December 2005" account
I'm getting confused, was that account made in 2005 or 2003/4? Because you said you posted a year or two before 12/2005, but I thought only accounts made in 2005 (but before December) were destroyed.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 03:06   Link #4448
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
It destroyed my "pre-December 2005" account, I had to re-register. My memory is a bit fuzzy on where in 2003 as I was splitting time between several forums looking for one that I liked the moderation of. I was here before Shuffle! had its original run starting in Dec 2003... so that pretty much puts it in the 2003 period.
Uh, Shuffle started airing in July 2005. The game itself didn't come out until 2004.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 04:40   Link #4449
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

My account's been here since here since I registered. Granted I was purely a lurker until mid 2007...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 05:47   Link #4450
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
That first post is still unmistakeably yours.
Come to think of it, why does TRL always post within the template of "A Hero of a Thousand Faces" when it comes to deep-thought topics, with near zero humour? And he seems to be the only poster whom I have consistently read doing so.

EDIT :

Okay that is the last straw. I just lost one of the most important things in my life : a proper home.

I fought with my dad just now over a faulty air conditioner, whom he got a colleague to install years ago. I pressed him to get me the number of the person who installed it so I can call him tomorrow, and he just ignored me, when I slipped the word "idiot" from my mouth, he tried to hit me. I was so close to grabbing the tweezer from the oil-lamp at the altar and stabbing him but I did a shove throw instead, and my mum came out of her room and broke up our fight.

He was ranting that I wasn't studying and playing games all night (how can a person get Bs and As WITHOUT studying?), so I corrected him that he is just being idiotic, not providing for the family and having extramarital affairs. He told me to quit school and go work, so I just blasted him with every single mandarin and hokkien vulgarity I learned in my juvenile days. I was wrong for losing my temper, but that is certainly the limit. He claims that he has his limit that I was pestering him everyday about the aircon, but I only did so just now because it spoiled only today.

I was contemplating between taking him to court tomorrow for assault, but my exams is at the end of this week, and my mother's job as a babysitter hangs in the balance due to her image being ruined. At this rate, I am going to be stuck at a dead end job for the rest of my life for dropping out of college/university in my first year.

I find it astounding that I lost almost everything at this moment and am still standing : my savings, self-esteem, friends (all of which have gone overseas for their further studies), my ability to play the piano, my empathy and now, my home. What I have left are the few thousand books stored in my head, my sanity, and the less than $2000 in my bank. The next thing I would lose is my place in university because I have absolutely no money left to go there and get a piece of paper for my future.

My mother suggested that we each go our own way once I finish this semester - I would quit college and work, my sis will marry and move out, and the house would be sold and the cash will be split amongst us equally.

Have I really hit rock bottom with no chance of recovery? Or do I really have nowhere else to go but up?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-11-23 at 09:37.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 09:07   Link #4451
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Come to think of it, why does TRL always post within the template of "A Hero of a Thousand Faces" when it comes to deep-thought topics, with near zero humour? And he seems to be the only poster whom I have consistently read doing so.
I believe he said he was in journalism at some point, which is what I'd assume it can be attributed to. Even when I disagree with him I feel swayed by his persuasive writing style
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 12:32   Link #4452
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I believe he said he was in journalism at some point, which is what I'd assume it can be attributed to.
Still am. Listen to enough views from all different angles, and the shades of grey will grow only deeper. The challenge is not to lose yourself in the mist.

It gets harder every year.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 13:28   Link #4453
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
<snip>
Really! Your posts in the religion thread and News occasionally have that Robert Frost-ish vibe - crafted in a sage-like paragraphing that is more often used for speech than writing.

It's nothing "doubleplusungood" to write like that, though I had a warning from my old GP tutor that attempting to write like this often turn out to be walls of text. Then again, keeping things too simple often leads to over-generalisation and stereotyping.

Quote:
Still am. Listen to enough views from all different angles, and the shades of grey will grow only deeper. The challenge is not to lose yourself in the mist.

It gets harder every year.
That is because you get older and lose more braincells, thus slowing your analytical capabilities, not alot to do with that you have heard more.

Seeing from a perspective doesn't mean that one has to take that stand. Siding with anything or anyone is a choice, which includes the options to be neutral and walk away.

Come to think you it, you don't have to fret so much. Next year is your zodiac year so you should have a buff in 37 days - right at the start of an economic boom (or maybe 3 months late). After all, the best things in life are often kept simple and free.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 13:41   Link #4454
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Having Turkey day cumming up, I have a question.
How many people on this forum celebrate Thanksgiving? I know that many aren't from the states.
Old 2010-11-23, 14:50   Link #4455
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
Having Turkey day cumming up, I have a question.
How many people on this forum celebrate Thanksgiving? I know that many aren't from the states.
I don't, and as a bonus, I think you meant "coming" instead? Otherwise your statement has very unfortunate implications.

Cheers.
Old 2010-11-23, 16:03   Link #4456
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I don't, and as a bonus, I think you meant "coming" instead? Otherwise your statement has very unfortunate implications.

Cheers.
Unfortunate indeed.

No thanksgiving here either, which is kinda logical due to my location; no, not the one listed on the left, I meant Europe. ;D

At least I believe so, never heard of it being widely celebrated on this continent. Never really cared to research this stuff either.
Old 2010-11-23, 18:35   Link #4457
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Uh, Shuffle started airing in July 2005. The game itself didn't come out until 2004.
Ah, the wiki lied to me or I misread it... bleh, I suppose I should start writing things down so I can look up my own chronology.
edit: ah I grabbed the wrong data, it aired July 7, 2005 – January 5, 2006

I do know I was here before the meltdown and had to reconstruct everything from scratch including re-registering. Everything else is foggy (filed under trivial memories and thereby buried in dust).

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-11-23 at 20:36.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 19:22   Link #4458
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
I do know I was here before the meltdown and had to reconstruct everything from scratch including re-registering.
Unless I'm very much mistaken you first registered on April 13, 2005.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 19:38   Link #4459
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Unfortunate indeed.
What's unfortunate is how he doesn't know it's a American (as in Canada + USA) holiday. If I'm not mistaken something-something to do with the settlers conquering the land and prosperous year or what-not.

From Europe here as well.
Old 2010-11-23, 19:53   Link #4460
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
What's unfortunate is how he doesn't know it's a American (as in Canada + USA) holiday. If I'm not mistaken something-something to do with the settlers conquering the land and prosperous year or what-not.

From Europe here as well.
Actually though it's an "American" holiday, only the USA celebrates at this time of year, while Canada does in either September or October, I can't remember off hand .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious