AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 25 36.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 43.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 11.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-21, 20:00   Link #101
Icerack

Quote:
I read that they will be DVD only, but I wasn't sure if they were (a) true continuations or wrap-ups to the story; (b) "extra" middle episodes; (c) prequel type of episodes; or (d) complete side stories.
I don't think it was mentioned. I would assume they are side stories or the aftermath story.
Old 2007-06-21, 20:14   Link #102
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Picture of a Reverie

My God, I cannot believe I fell asleep throughout most of the episode. The voices sounded soothing, relaxing, and all natural that they I got drowsy too quickly.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-21, 22:27   Link #103
Nemesis2124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post

I don't keep flash installed on this machine, so I can't see it. But I did notice something in the picture book that I haven't been able to find mention of anywhere else.
Spoiler for Yorito:
I assume that means there's a picture to go along with the name. Anything peculiar?
Old 2007-06-29, 06:41   Link #104
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

*whistles*

Holy Budget Buster, Adun! This episode was rather breathtaking in terms of animation quality alone. The following is based on [Doremi]'s fansub, and has a 20% chance of not being replied to due to my negligence in doing this write-up in a timely fashion.

Random Thoughts On Ep11:
---- ----
  • The... bashing of Yorito's new direction in life is a little unfounded methinks. Ear-stabbing screaming aside, Yorito's discovery of the truth would have quite a profound effect on him.

Look at this way. You can either have Yorito become another Ikari Shinji for an episode or two, or have him get over it and move on with his life. I know which option I would vote for.

That said, his comment of resetting events lays the foundation for an ominous course of action, and belies the DECEPTION, the BETRAYAL OF TRUST, and the LIES, LIES, DAMN LIES that he will dish out on Aono in this episode. I have not even touched on his handling of Mana yet.
  • Lies? Yes, lies or rather, deception through the manipulation of truth. Like buttering a lamb while telling it that it is going to be the main attraction of tonight's dinner, Yorito lured Aono into a false sense of security while enlisting her help to erase the memories of the people who have associated with them. I am even willing to venture that this was also to deplete her Yaka powers so that she would not be able to fight Matsuri at full power.

Trickery! Dirty tactics! Underhanded means! ANGRY! SO ANGRY!

It pained me to see such happiness on Aono's face as she lapped up the honey-laced words from Yorito's despicable mouth. If only he had a silver forked tongue.
  • Speaking of people who makes my blood boil, Sae's VA reverted back to her "compels-people-to-kick-puppies" voice. By the grace of Adun! I demand an option to run her over with a truck in the game!
  • On more cheerful aspects of the episode, the animation was simply stunning in this episode. They have apparently decided to REALLY spend their money on the last three episodes. The background scenery is simply breathtaking and pure poetry in motion at times.

Examples include the river as Mana talked with her friend about Yorito and the sunset over the bay.
  • Character models were also noticeably different from the norm for the better. They no longer have chins that look as though they could murder people through stabbing. Rounder chins aside, their facial proportions have also been tweaked to be more "realistic", for a given value of realistic considering their "anime eyes". The person who benefited the most from these changes is probably Yorito, and Aono also received a rounder, more "chubby" facial look compared to her usual "triangular" head in the earlier episodes.

This change in Aono's facial anatomy also means that she becomes more "innocent" looking. Quite apt when you consider what is about to happen to her. Sacrificial lamb in the past, and now being manipulated by Matsuri and Yorito.

Matsuri however, remained relatively unchanged (aside from the rounder chins that everybody received), so I guess they got her character model right the first time.
  • Mana's crying scene reminds me so much of Pacifica's epic crying scene tragedy in Scrapped Princess.
  • As predicted in my earlier write-ups, the sky in the previews are showing a passage of time. From daytime in the early episodes, to dusk in the middle episodes, we are now in night-time in the previews.
Cheers.
Old 2007-06-29, 10:13   Link #105
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Thats pretty harsh on Yorito But yea - seems like a pretty low blow towards Aono. I had though briefly about the fact that what Yorito was doing didn't make sense (telling Aono they are going to move, while getting closer to Matsuri at the same time), but this would certainly explain it. Though i don't know if this "lowering Aono's guard" makes that much sense either - its not like Matsuri was trying to sneak upon Aono while Yorito was delivering the "good news" or anything And we still don't know whether it was Aono who wiped the memories clean ... it might as well be connected to what Matsuri was talking about illusions; that they gradually fade from people's memories.
Old 2007-06-30, 07:58   Link #106
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Another possibility is that Yorito was stalling for time so that Matsuri could hone her sword skills.

Cheers.
Old 2007-07-01, 22:17   Link #107
nanafan
horo fan

i just started watching this series. i was shocked with the outcome.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2009-03-19, 10:42   Link #108
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Just re-watched the entire series again, and remembered how amazing episode 11 was for me. I really loved the emotional goodbyes between Mana and Yorito, and Aono and Koyori. The rooftop scene between Mana and Yorito was very well done, and the part where she's crying after finally forgetting Yorito was a very poignant scene for me. It also was nice to see to see the "human" side of Aono with how she deals with Koyori. I remembered how great Matsuri's monologue with the emotional music was. "Illusions... are just like dreams. They definitely existed, and yet... Once you wake from your dream, they eventually fade from your memory." For me, definitely one of my favorite episodes of sola.