Notices

Old 2004-07-30, 05:09   Link #441
Secca
nya`
*Artist

About Mugen,
Spoiler for ep 10:

Spoiler for screenshots ep 10:

Last edited by Secca; 2004-07-30 at 06:10.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 05:18   Link #442
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

lol,
Spoiler for ep10:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 09:01   Link #443
Rol)n£y ]V[a¢l{
The MacMilitant

Send a message via MSN to Rol)n£y ]V[a¢l{
man do u people watch the raw episodes or wat? i've only seen up to episode 7. to me it ain't the same watching it raw
Rol)n£y ]V[a¢l{ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 11:54   Link #444
rorosama

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
lol,
Spoiler for ep10:
Is this chi attack like a laser dbz thing or something? If so that wouldn't be fair since mugen is already powerful enough. What'll jin learn to keep up with him?
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 12:01   Link #445
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
Is this chi attack like a laser dbz thing or something? If so that wouldn't be fair since mugen is already powerful enough. What'll jin learn to keep up with him?
Well, yup, that could be a problem, I expect some Jin power up in the next few episodes
Old 2004-07-30, 12:33   Link #446
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
Well, yup, that could be a problem, I expect some Jin power up in the next few episodes
The concept of chi being used in attacks has been existent in martial arts (real-life) and fantasy (anime/manga, exaggerated form in various degrees) for very long. Watching martial arts film/manga/anime should have made you able to guess what chi-powers (in various exaggerated forms) are like, since 99% of fighting-type animes involves chi in one form or another.

Ep10 was one of the better episodes so far, better than the previous few at any rate. However it still had its flaws such as the
Spoiler:

Regarding whether we are watching raws or not, there are advantages to be able to speak more than one language and that's not including Japanese.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 14:46   Link #447
dreamless

about what Jin being doing in ep 10
Spoiler:

About whether ep10 is better than previous episodes... well, I have to say I still love the revolution and the astral transformation of ep9 best
Old 2004-08-02, 06:43   Link #448
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I agree. Fuu wouldn't let Mugen fight Jin, and she's the only one he acutally obeys. =P good episode, though.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 07:49   Link #449
Mugen-X
BadAss

Thanks for the screenshots monir but next time can you convert the screenshots from bmp to jpeg cause all the pic are almost a mb and it takes forever to load
Mugen-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 08:31   Link #450
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
I agree. Fuu wouldn't let Mugen fight Jin, and she's the only one he acutally obeys. =P good episode, though.
Actually that's another whole can of worms. The whole concept was the two edgy killers preparing to slaughter each other but only stopping because they are equally strong (too much effort for one or the other at that time) and the availability of an excuse in the form of a promise to a naive girl.

Now big bad mofo Mugen turns into a Fu's little booboo?! You got to be kidding me...
Old 2004-08-03, 05:17   Link #451
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
No, but I don't think they would break their promise to her, that they wouldn't fight until they found the sunflower samurai.. and yes, I think both Jin and Mugen are whipped by Fuu, but moreso Mugen. If anyone else nagged him, and hit him, ect, they would get their heads chopped off in a second. >_>;
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 08:27   Link #452
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
No, but I don't think they would break their promise to her, that they wouldn't fight until they found the sunflower samurai.. and yes, I think both Jin and Mugen are whipped by Fuu, but moreso Mugen. If anyone else nagged him, and hit him, ect, they would get their heads chopped off in a second. >_>;
There's been an occasion where they have tried lopping each others' head off until some incident stopped them so yes, they would try to kill each other before they find that sunflower scented samurai, as they are supposed to.

By getting whipped by Fuu, are you saying that the initial concept of a trio on the edge, a thin alliance held by thin constraints is now gone in favour of the typical wacky lover threesome on a comedic adventure?

Last edited by Yebyosh; 2004-08-03 at 08:43.
Old 2004-08-03, 08:41   Link #453
dreamless

well, Mugen showed that he cared for Fuu a LOT, I mean, he's so worried about Fuu that he got to check her out first even when he's poisoned himself, and later he even returned to the whorehouse to rescue Fuu... And I think so far after they join Fuu they showed no serious sign of trying lopping each other's head off for no reason (they pointed swords towards each other a couple of times, but they don't seem serious, and all the time easily stopped by Fuu...) They fought in the Mafia episodes because they are hired by different Mafia factions to fight each other, and Jin had a reason to fight at that time, while Mugen just can't quench his thirst to fight someone REALLY strong, and happened to meet Jin...

Anyway, Jin won't start any fight without a good reason, he's no "edgy killer" for sure, he's more like the perfect incarnation of the "Samurai Codes" IMO, and I think it's pretty obvious Mugen won't start any fight against Jin when Fuu is around... And the thing that stopped Mugen from starting a fight is definitely NOT because Jin is as strong as him, actually he enjoys a lot fighting opponents as strong or even stronger than him.

Actually I'd say the stronger Jin is, the more likely for Mugen to start a fight, while the stronger Mugen is, the less likely for Mugen to start a fight... you don't see Mugen go killing random people weaker than him...

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-08-03 at 08:48. Reason: edited
Old 2004-08-03, 08:55   Link #454
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
well, Mugen showed that he cared for Fuu a LOT, I mean, he's so worried about Fuu that he got to check her out first even when he's poisoned himself, and later he even returned to the whorehouse to rescue Fuu... And I think so far after they join Fuu they showed no serious sign of trying lopping each other's head off for no reason (they pointed swords towards each other a couple of times, but they don't seem serious, and all the time easily stopped by Fuu...) They fought in the Mafia episodes because they are hired by different Mafia factions to fight each other.
Ahem, they intentionally run away from Fuu then. That points out obviously they weren't supposed to be honouring their promise to her. Hence their fate to fight is also supposed to be based on their willingness to kill each other as well as in defiance of their promise to Fuu (who obviously was still alive and hence no excuse of "but they thought she's dead, so no valid oath" can be entertained)

Quote:
Anyway, Jin won't start any fight without a good reason, he's no "edgy killer" for sure, he's more like the perfect incarnation of the "Samurai Codes" IMO, and I think it's pretty obvious Mugen won't start any fight against Jin when Fuu is around... And the thing that stopped Mugen from starting a fight is definitely NOT because Jin is as strong as him, actually he enjoys a lot fighting opponents as strong or even stronger than him.
Actually if you read the character bios on the official site, you will know that Mugen is not the perfect incarnation of the "Samurai Code". Jin is the one. In fact, reading Mugen's bio will make you wonder just what the heck is that guy following this lot for in the first place?! Suddenly just a girl with no special features inspires him to follow humanity? Please... In fact, their personalities in their bios makes them unable to stand each other and would kill each other anytime. Mugen and Jin not dueling is likely because of the promise given to Fuu which allows them the flimsy excuse to postphone it further to evaluate each other's strength fully (that's the polite trying to construct a logical explanation version. The truth is it is done to ensure the continuation of this series. No point getting Jin or Mugen killed, right?)

Quote:
Actually I'd say the stronger Jin is, the more likely for Mugen to start a fight, while the stronger Mugen is, the less likely for Mugen to start a fight... you don't see Mugen go killing random people weaker than him...
*cough cough*killing his own mafia gang, beating up on weaker thugs, etc, etc, etc
Old 2004-08-03, 09:02   Link #455
dreamless

Quote:
*cough cough*killing his own mafia gang, beating up on weaker thugs, etc, etc, etc
he kills his own mafia gang is because they interrupt his fight with Jin when he's in a bloodlust... and he beat up on weaker thugs instead of normal people around shows that he's not that insane yet

Quote:
Actually if you read the character bios on the official site, you will know that Mugen is not the perfect incarnation of the "Samurai Code". Jin is the one.
actually I was saying exactly that Jin is the perfect incarnation of the "Samurai Codes" in my previous post... so... umm....

About they intentionally run away from Fuu... I think later it showed that they run away because they tried to prevent Fuu from getting in trouble... it's the same old "I'm chased by bad guys, so I can't be with you, lest you will be in danger" cliche... (and somehow that guy/girl got left behind will get in danger nonetheless anyway... it's always like this isn't it )
Old 2004-08-03, 09:13   Link #456
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
he kills his own mafia gang is because they interrupt his fight with Jin when he's in a bloodlust... and he beat up on weaker thugs instead of normal people around shows that he's not that insane yet
That does not make sense at all.

Quote:
actually I was saying exactly that Jin is the perfect incarnation of the "Samurai Codes" in my previous post... so... umm....
Yep, I must have misread it but you have not proven their actions fit their personalities. Jin and Mugen will kill each other, something is supposed to be holding them back but the current "Fuu got their promise" is too thin to make that believable.

Quote:
About they intentionally run away from Fuu... I think later it showed that they run away because they tried to prevent Fuu from getting in trouble... it's the same old "I'm chased by bad guys, so I can't be with you, lest you will be in danger" cliche... (and somehow that guy/girl got left behind will get in danger nonetheless anyway... it's always like this isn't it )
That has never been proven nor shown. Jin might have that reason but Mugen has none. In fact Mugen's personality is supposed to not care one bit about others' plight at all. All this series has done to Mugen is to make him into a wuvable, huggable thug, similar to the 'bad boys that girls are supposed to love' story, a rapid departure from the character bio.
Old 2004-08-03, 09:30   Link #457
dreamless

well, as I said, it showed that Mugen cared about Fuu a LOT... he went to check up on Fuu first even when he himself got poisoned, and he returned to the whorehouse to rescure Fuu which is totally out of his "not caring anyone else" personality.

Mugen is insane, but not so insane as to pick up random fights against random people. Also he beat up thugs because he's ordered by Fuu to get money, I mean, he usually doesn't give a damn about other people's orders... I think that showed he has clearly hopelessly fallen for Fuu... or at least he cared about her way much more than others

Hmm... I guess you could say Jin has fallen for Fuu too, considering that despite he's ordered to give up his swords which he supposedly valued more than his life as a Samurai, he followed her orders despite however reluctantly he might be

Quote:
Yep, I must have misread it but you have not proven their actions fit their personalities. Jin and Mugen will kill each other, something is supposed to be holding them back but the current "Fuu got their promise" is too thin to make that believable.
What I said is that Jin will not try to start a fight or kill Mugen if not provoked first... so it's really up to Mugen to pick a fight or not... And Mugen is not the type to pick a fight against someone who is weaker than him for no reason. He picked a fight against Jin in the first place because he is strong. IMO, Mugen is the "crazy constantly thirsting to fight stronger people" stereotype, he's not the "I'm stronger than you so I'll kill you for no reason at all just because I wanted to kill you" kind of "bad guy"
Old 2004-08-03, 09:56   Link #458
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
well, as I said, it showed that Mugen cared about Fuu a LOT... he went to check up on Fuu first even when he himself got poisoned, and he returned to the whorehouse to rescure Fuu which is totally out of his "not caring anyone else" personality.

Mugen is insane, but not so insane as to pick up random fights against random people. Also he beat up thugs because he's ordered by Fuu to get money, I mean, he usually doesn't give a damn about other people's orders... I think that showed he has clearly hopelessly fallen for Fuu... or at least he cared about her way much more than others

Hmm... I guess you could say Jin has fallen for Fuu too, considering that despite he's ordered to give up his swords which he supposedly valued more than his life as a Samurai, he followed her orders despite however reluctantly he might be
In other words, you're answering yes to my question of "By getting whipped by Fuu, are you saying that the initial concept of a trio on the edge, a thin alliance held by thin constraints is now gone in favour of the typical wacky lover threesome on a comedic adventure?" Glad to see you agreeing

Quote:
What I said is that Jin will not try to start a fight or kill Mugen if not provoked first... so it's really up to Mugen to pick a fight or not... And Mugen is not the type to pick a fight against someone who is weaker than him for no reason. He picked a fight against Jin in the first place because he is strong. IMO, Mugen is the "crazy constantly thirsting to fight stronger people" stereotype, he's not the "I'm stronger than you so I'll kill you for no reason at all just because I wanted to kill you" kind of "bad guy"
And Jin has always proven himself to be at least as strong as Mugen always. Shouldn't his blood be boiling at the opportunity to match his blades to kill Jin once and for all? Oh wait, I forgot, this is "Two Guys and A Girl And A Punky Mofo Japan"
Old 2004-08-03, 10:19   Link #459
dreamless

well, if Mugen has really mastered that chi attack, it means he's currently much more powerful than Jin, thus there's no reason for him to challenge Jin now... so I think powering up Mugen won't really cause him to challenge Jin and kill him once and for all, especially if he thinks that he can kill Jin easily now... then there's no point in challenging Jin

Although I've seen some other theories like Mugen didn't really master the chi attack, but just use water the reflect some of the attack back... to be honest that part looks very weird indeed... it's not clearly shown what Mugen has done to hit Shouryuu's sabre out of his hand...
Old 2004-08-05, 13:49   Link #460
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Ep 11 should help the case of Jin's popularity among the female fans. Jin is complex! Unfortunately Jin also suffers from morality issues. Then again we already suspected that about Jin. One of the reason Mugen is more favorite than Jin because he is free of ethics and morality (to a certain degree.) Morality blows. This episode was very satisfying, especially seeing Foo's getting jealous. Can't think of any delicate way to reveal any further without doing any serious spoiling. So I will leave it to others.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical