AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-09-25, 12:51   Link #1
EnigmaticThief
Schach is MAI WAIFU

Send a message via AIM to EnigmaticThief Send a message via Yahoo to EnigmaticThief
Trusty Bell: Chopin no Yumei / Eternal Sonata

This game was recently released in the US as "Eternal Sonata." From what I've read, seen, and heard, the game seems incredible, especially in terms of the game's premise, with Chopin dreaming up the game's world on his deathbed, and realizing that he's acting within that world. Also, Chopin's own compositions and Motoi Sakuraba's soundtrack sound incredible. Anyone happen to have this game? I'm thinking of buying the PS3 version that will be coming out early next year (of course, I'll have to get a PS3 first...)

Have some Falsetto for your troubles:
Spoiler for Falsetto:
EnigmaticThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 00:50   Link #2
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

I've played the JP release no so long ago. Definately one of the best (if not the best) RPG out there for the 360. It really trumps Blue Dragon in artistic direction, music, storyline, pretty much every category save for actual game length. The VA cast really shines, especially Hirano Aya as Polka (though her child version is a bit off the top ^^).

I would recommend playing it asap instead of waiting for the PS3 version which likely will not have any enhancements, plus there's barely any good games out now (well, here in Japan at least...)
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 14:29   Link #3
Keirn

This game was amazing! The best RPG out for 360 right now, imo. The story ended up quite confusing actually....well the ending anyways. The gameplay and graphics were great. The english voice acting wasn't too bad, but you can switch it to japanese voices with subs, which I did.
Keirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 22:22   Link #4
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
I think more people would've commented if you had put the english title in the thread one.
Still, this game was AMAZING! I just finished it! And yeah, does anyone understand everything in the ending??
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 22:35   Link #5
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

What ending? D: [/lol likes being spoiled]

Once I finish Tears to Tiara & Valkyria Chronicles then I can start this one. ):
Old 2009-01-22, 23:48   Link #6
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I've been wanting to play this since a long time ago, but I've yet to get a PS3. I'll be waiting for the price cut and grabbing some games along.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 23:50   Link #7
Sciel
Etoilé

I finished the PS3 version a few months back . Would say its fairly good but let down due to a few points .
Spoiler for spoilarz:

The battle system is the best part of the game , its refreshing , fun and challenging (well to a certain extent till you get chains) .
Would give it a 7/10.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 00:49   Link #8
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
I finished the PS3 version a few months back . Would say its fairly good but let down due to a few points .
Spoiler for spoilarz:

The battle system is the best part of the game , its refreshing , fun and challenging (well to a certain extent till you get chains) .
Would give it a 7/10.
Voila is also one of the best DPS character along with being one of the best healers. Which is kinda sad, as she puts half the other cast to shame in those two subjects.

Over all though, I do agree with your sentiments regarding the game. Anyone here played the PS3 version? Did it improve upon the original 360 release?
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 01:18   Link #9
Sciel
Etoilé

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
Voila is also one of the best DPS character along with being one of the best healers. Which is kinda sad, as she puts half the other cast to shame in those two subjects.

Over all though, I do agree with your sentiments regarding the game. Anyone here played the PS3 version? Did it improve upon the original 360 release?
Oh yes her heals <3 them . It heals the whole party and you even get a darkness heal later on . I've not played the 360 version but according to some the leveling tables have changed which makes it harder to level up , not to mention monsters apparently give less exp (The game is still fairly easy unless you are on encore though) . The addition of Serenade and Crescendo are kind of hit and miss for me , personally i didn't use either the whole game but i do love Serenade's character design .

As for some of the other changes , you can look here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=46129875
Old 2009-01-23, 19:29   Link #10
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Quote:

Once I finish Tears to Tiara & Valkyria Chronicles then I can start this one. ):
hurry up! It's really good, despite the confuzzling ending. All the Chopin stuff was good, but I did wish they came to more resolution on how he dealt with dying.
Quote:
Not to mention they are 8 years old
WHY DO YOU HATE CHILDREN??!
I love Beat and his dub voice! Mona Marshal FTW!

Hmmm...I think the battle system and the characters are the strongest part of this game. I really liked the majority of the cast. Allegretto was surprisingly cool even tho he was a "plucky young and heroic rpg kid."
The concept and style were some of the strongest aspects. The story just gets a little melodramatic and convoluted(but so do most rpgs recently)but it's still good...it's still good.

FTR, Polka has the BEST heal in the entire game but it's like her last technique. And she's somewhat useless until she learns it. Once she learns it, you can pretty much heal for half hp WITHOUT any echo points at all.

Sciel, how didju finish that extra dungeon at the end! it's HUGE and pretty friggin frustrating in the 360 version. Do you HAVE to buy that soul shard for 99,999,999??
Old 2009-01-24, 02:21   Link #11
Sciel
Etoilé

Yea i did finish it (used maps from gamefaqs though ) and yes you do have to buy the soul shard for 99,999,999 . No worries though , theres a monster in the dungeon that drops something like 8 million per kill . I can't remember which level that monster is on so you'll have to check gamefaqs.
Old 2009-01-25, 18:10   Link #12
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Do you remember what it looks like??
Old 2009-01-25, 18:32   Link #13
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
it's HUGE and pretty friggin frustrating
The extra dungeon isn't that hard. Just be prepared to set aside a couple of hours on it.

The last few levels have monsters dropping about 2-4 million per win, so it gets there.
Old 2009-01-26, 19:40   Link #14
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

^What about the repeating pathway area?? I didnt have much of a problem until I got stuck there and just had to reset my freakin' 360!!!.
Also I accidently deleted my save before the final battle, so I have to replay the game(Which has the difficulty raised higher the 2nd play thru for some reason) to make it back to the Hero's dungeon.
Old 2009-01-26, 20:20   Link #15
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post

you're going to be hardpressed to find any game this gen so far with a storyline as good as Tears to Tiara, just to let you know...so if story's important to you...then well...yeah prepare to be disappointed after TtT :P
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 07:58   Link #16
Animelover#1
Kouta...

hmm, i bought this around march time. last year, played it for a day then never went on it again.

just blew the dust off it a few days ago and decided to give it a go. Actually i really enjoyed it, but that might have something to do with my love of anime being increasing dramatically over the last few months.

and yes i have it on ps3. love the game. very unique, I'm quite early in the game and theres something that annoys me. I just got to those 3 billy goats where you have to give them paper to cross, then I went through the next section - killing all the enemies - and found that i was running out of potions. so i decided in my next fight i would just heal myself up. bad idea, the enemy did a move just at the end of his turn so i didn't expect hit and killed 2 of my party members. the only one i had left was beat -.- he made a pathetic attempt to kill the enemy and then died while blocking his attacks. now i have to kill the boss that attack polka again. sigh.
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote