AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-09, 02:48   Link #101
KBTKaiser

not really, they're sort of integrated with the True Rin route and stuff along with...the truth of the world. >>
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 07:47   Link #102
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I'm finding myself addicted to the music... O_o... gotta purchase the OST...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 14:42   Link #103
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
My favorite route so far has been Kudo's, it might have started out a bit slow but it really did redeem it self during the end and I won't be able to forget "that" CG for quite a while...
I have to praise Kudo's seiyuu Kaneko Akemi as well, I think her heart-rending cries for "Riki~" was what really destroyed my must-not-cry defence.

Halfway through Rin's route now. But I'm finding myself enjoying the "new" Kengo after his fall more.

Everyone's stat was super high (high 100s/low 200s) this time around when the baseball match started, we kicked the captain team's butt (0-9).

Oh, and I laughed as Saitou ripped through the battle ranks.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 11:02   Link #104
luckyovermind
hungry~

Halfway through Rin's route? Prepare yourself Sushi-Y, the real treat is coming up
Old 2007-08-12, 11:04   Link #105
JarOfMayo

I finished LB a day or two ago. ha ha! I finished before sushi I went (i think) Komari, Rin, Kudo, Mio, Haruka, Yuichan (lol) order.

Well, this is the first key work I thought something particularly sinister or eerie going around in the overall game at a certain point. And I too made the mistake (like Riki) in trying to answer that in the wrong way.

I don't think theres a point in discussing the final elements to it and such since it seems like not many have finished it yet and probably doesn't even need intro anyway.. lol

I don't really understand the appeal of playing this without JP knowledge but uh I would say your missing out on the game if you spam through it. Though its pretty minor, ...

well let me just say that each play through till the end is essentially "individual" and never a repeat. Theres a point to playing each time and going all those other routes.

Anyway, in general I had a somewhat "not enough" feeling from the game for a short bit at first but I ended up liking it a lot, especially after the overall game started to show up in the playthroughs.

Unfortunately though I would say that due to the "nature" of the overall game its hard to say it has replay value besides for the general story or individual ones. I guess the battle and such maybe worthwhile though, theres some strangeeeee things that show up... like.. Saito da Masked Fighter!

have fun though, it was very good For myself it is easy to put it besides CLANNAD.
JarOfMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 11:14   Link #106
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
well I just finished Yui chan's route... I got pretty lost right about the end... I didn't really understand what was going on with the 20/6 repeat thingy(minor spoiler... kana?) though. If someone is nice enough to tell me what it means I'll be really grateful.

As for the baseball game I won it the first time through but I have to say my team sucked at hitting. All the balls were extremely low and nobody could actually do a home run. I won it coz of the many strike outs and scoring 2 points with Anego and Kyosuke(kyosuke hitting the only decent hit in the entire game)....

Starting on someone new now. So When I complete everything I just start a new game? I looked at my character stats but they aren't carried over from the previous run through which i thought was wierd....

Oh yea I didn't like Noumi alot... found her a little annoying.... *hides from barrage*
cyw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 17:49   Link #107
shadowplay
passive observer

Well I'm done with individual scenarios (non-Rin ones) and like some others already stated none of the endings were particulary impressive, but if I had to pick one scenario above the others guess I'd go with Nishizono one, I'm sucker for melancholic beach scenery ;D , or maybe I just liked Mio the best.
Now onto Rin; I see in walkthrough there are 3 different Rin endings, do I have to go through all three to 'open' Refrain part of the game, or just that one good ending?
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 20:30   Link #108
roan

the rin "bad" (?) route is mandatory (and you probably should have played it earlier since it effects how she acts in the other routes). the 2nd rin route has to be cleared to enter refrain. the rin end is something that comes after finishing refrain.
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 01:06   Link #109
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarOfMayo View Post
I finished LB a day or two ago. ha ha! I finished before sushi I went (i think) Komari, Rin, Kudo, Mio, Haruka, Yuichan (lol) order.
I hate you people who already finished the game. I hate my life for giving me less than 2 hrs of PC time a day.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 01:27   Link #110
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

LOL... I just hate not having a decent enough Japanese language background... I'd get to some points and then feel lost, so I had to go back a few frames and re-read the stuff again with a dictionary in hand... T___T ... pity me! XP

I'm also backlogged with work now, so I'm only spending short bursts playing through the individual scenarios... =[
Old 2007-08-13, 11:14   Link #111
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
Ah... done with Komari... I found her character very similar to Nayuki from Kanon though... accept a little more childish. Storyline wise I thought it was simple but pretty good. My 2nd happy ending of the game(first being Haruka I guess but i sort of speeded past that to get the CGs then i realise i cant go her route till i complete the game so prolly gonna do her route again at the end) lol... hope there is more to come... Next up... hmm... Kudo? argg her voice is annoying though... *Hides from more barrage*
cyw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 21:58   Link #112
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

LOL... I just finished Kudo's route last night and I thought it was alright. Not spectaular but enjoyable enough. And I love Kudo's voice acting! It's so adorable!

But yeah, I think I'll give the game a rest until after I finish all this work I have. So far I've been happy with both Komari's and Kudo's routes. ^^ And I realised I didn't get to complete Rin's 'bad' route earlier... T_T
Old 2007-08-15, 02:54   Link #113
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
LOL... I just finished Kudo's route last night and I thought it was alright. Not spectaular but enjoyable enough. And I love Kudo's voice acting! It's so adorable!
"Waahuuuuuuu!!~"

Old 2007-08-15, 06:20   Link #114
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
"Waahuuuuuuu!!~"

EXACTLY!! xD

Meanwhile, I just started Haruka's route and I was wondering...

Spoiler for Haruka's route:
Old 2007-08-15, 08:16   Link #115
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

Well I finished Refrain a couple of days ago and I must say that these two last scenarios were so much better then the rest of the game, not that I disliked those parts either but it was just on a whole different level.

Spoiler for some thoughts about Refrain:
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 00:40   Link #116
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
the rin "bad" (?) route is mandatory (and you probably should have played it earlier since it effects how she acts in the other routes). the 2nd rin route has to be cleared to enter refrain. the rin end is something that comes after finishing refrain.
Is refrain the same as the "Little Busters" route referred to in most walkthroughs?

Also after reading your post I had this idea of playing through all the girls' routes and then doing Rin's bad end last, and then going back to a clean slate and then finishing Rin's bad end early and then doing all the girls again to see the differences. Do you think this marathon is worth it?
Old 2007-08-16, 01:44   Link #117
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I actually never completed Rin's 'bad' route before.

Spoiler for Minor Rin plot details:

I think I'll go back and play Rin's route again after I finish Haruka's one.
Old 2007-08-16, 04:38   Link #118
roan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Is refrain the same as the "Little Busters" route referred to in most walkthroughs?

Also after reading your post I had this idea of playing through all the girls' routes and then doing Rin's bad end last, and then going back to a clean slate and then finishing Rin's bad end early and then doing all the girls again to see the differences. Do you think this marathon is worth it?
afaik most kouryaku sites just call it refrain. but yeah. refrain can be described as the "little busters route".

on the second question, really depends. storywise, it's better to do the rin bad end early on (if not first), while saving it for last on the second complete playthrough to see the exact differences.

and boggart. the rin bad end is the one where the screen goes black.

this is where the voice congratulates on coming this far but tells you still have a way to go (so you have to finish the other routes).
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 06:22   Link #119
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Ah... so I did do it... LOL... gosh... my Japanese really is that bad!
Old 2007-08-20, 21:27   Link #120
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Um can someone go and edit that wikipedia page I just wanted to read what they put for reception in japan and it has spoilers...unmarked spoilers 0_0...someone >.> FIX
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel