AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-10-22, 07:23   Link #1
Sides

Triple Play Releases (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)

Basically i was trying to preorder Inception today, and came across the Triple Play issue/version. From what i understand is, you get the film on Blu-ray, DVD and as a Digital Copy. The other thing is, it is just 5 quid more than the Blu-Ray or DVD only release.
So what do you guys think of it, should anime and others follow this model? Obviously the advantage is, if you still don't have a blu-ray player yet, getting this release enable you to watch the DVD or Digital Copy(?) until you can afford a blu-ray player, and you don't have to buy it again.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 07:37   Link #2
Ending

IMO, the only reason to get a DVD/BD release is because it's too big to download (either because of 3D and/or high quality) or localized language. Digital releases can be burned on any media later on or watched on any device with a little bit of tinkering.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 11:09   Link #3
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think it's absurd but it's okay if it's an alternative, as in, they have combo/triple play, BD & DVD choices. Not do like Disney does and only have the combo pack.
Old 2010-10-22, 11:17   Link #4
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Basically i was trying to preorder Inception today, and came across the Triple Play issue/version. From what i understand is, you get the film on Blu-ray, DVD and as a Digital Copy. The other thing is, it is just 5 quid more than the Blu-Ray or DVD only release.
This is because the disks cost next to nothing while you are actually paying for the content the value creation chain and the packaging (+delivery).
Old 2010-10-22, 11:20   Link #5
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I personally had this idea a while ago to start an online music store called "Then and Now" that sells albums on vinyl LP, and after checking out and ordering your LP, a digital FLAC or MP3 320kbps download of the same album is made available for a small surcharge.

Vinyl is pretty cool, and a good turntable setup can sound phenomenal, but getting your LPs on your portable device isn't the easiest thing in the world--you have to record them via line-in analog at real-time recording speeds--pretty big problem when you have lots of LPs.

This would give consumers a digital copy of the music to listen to while they wait for their LP to ship. Plus they could continue to use the MP3s on their portable devices even after they've received the LP, without having to muck about with analog line-in recording and editing.

I don't see why movie vendors couldn't do something similar.
Old 2010-10-23, 04:44   Link #6
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I personally had this idea a while ago to start an online music store called "Then and Now" that sells albums on vinyl LP, and after checking out and ordering your LP, a digital FLAC or MP3 320kbps download of the same album is made available for a small surcharge.

I don't see why movie vendors couldn't do something similar.
Yeah i kind of like this idea. Paying for the content rights in gerneral, rather than for each medium.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 13:12   Link #7
Random32
Also a Lolicon

I don't really see why the average person would want a DVD and a BluRay, but I would gladly pay 5 more quid for a real disk + digital version.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 15:50   Link #8
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I wouldn't, since you can just rip the disc yourself for free.

Tags
blu-ray, dvd, movies, tripple play