AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-19, 16:10   Link #61
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
It's sort of sad though. I mean the kid ate a (failed) prototype DF which turns him into a pink farting dragon... It's almost the definition of bad luck for a boy.
Unless that is exactly what Momo wanted, in which case he is the luckiest boy on...whatever planet One Piece takes place on.

Personally, I love the colour. It really pops, especially contrasting against the other Strawhats colours (Luffy's red shirt and Nami's orange hair especially, oh and Franky's everything ).
Old 2012-12-19, 16:29   Link #62
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Speaking of Momo...I wouldn't mind Kinemon and Momo doing a Vivi, joining the crew just temporarily until they get to Wano. Kinemon does have great chemistry with the crew so far (though I still want a new female Nakama before anything...OR BON-CHAN D
Old 2012-12-19, 16:36   Link #63
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Speaking of Momo...I wouldn't mind Kinemon and Momo doing a Vivi, joining the crew just temporarily until they get to Wano. Kinemon does have great chemistry with the crew so far (though I still want a new female Nakama before anything...OR BON-CHAN D
I really want another female member of the Straw Hat Crew. It will help balance out the numbers, too many guys. Still regardless of who joins next, which room will they have? The Ship got all rooms filled.
Old 2012-12-19, 16:38   Link #64
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Pfft Franky should make rooms easily...till then he/she can just stay with the guys/girls.
Old 2012-12-19, 16:45   Link #65
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Pfft Franky should make rooms easily...till then he/she can just stay with the guys/girls.
I hope its a female member though. I thought it was going to be Monet, but that ship sailed and got blown up. Monet I feel lost her chance when she treated the Kids as test experiments, too much bad stuff in Monet. Robin is the only exception it seems.
Old 2012-12-19, 16:57   Link #66
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I hope its a female member though. I thought it was going to be Monet, but that ship sailed and got blown up. Monet I feel lost her chance when she treated the Kids as test experiments, too much bad stuff in Monet. Robin is the only exception it seems.
Robin was never shown to be evil and hurt innocent people directly...she even Luffy when she could. True, she was part of Crocodile's organization which hurt a lot of innocent people but she had her own goals to achieve and was never shown hurting people with her own hands.

Monet on the other hand not only wanted the kids to keep taking the drugs knowing what will happen to them but also tries to actively kill them.
Old 2012-12-19, 17:43   Link #67
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Robin was never shown to be evil and hurt innocent people directly...she even Luffy when she could. True, she was part of Crocodile's organization which hurt a lot of innocent people but she had her own goals to achieve and was never shown hurting people with her own hands.

Monet on the other hand not only wanted the kids to keep taking the drugs knowing what will happen to them but also tries to actively kill them.
I didn't meant to say Robin is evil, I meant that she is the only female antagonist to become part of the Straw Hat Crew. The other being Franky, though he is male. I thought Momet could be another female antagonist turn good and join the Straw Hat Crew, but she is really has an evil agenda. Robin acted out purely for survival and not out of evil.
Old 2012-12-19, 17:47   Link #68
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Is Monet really gonna be killed off? Oda has never explicitly killed villains off like that
Old 2012-12-19, 18:04   Link #69
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Is Monet really gonna be killed off? Oda has never explicitly killed villains off like that
Doubtful she is going to get killed off by getting blown up. Many people in here, including myself, believes the heart that Caesar has is Monet's heart not Smoker. Caesar said he was going to take Smoker with him, meaning that he intends to squeezes the heart he has in his hand to kill. Monet most likely will pass off before she set the bomb off. Logical conclusion because if the bomb that Monet is trying to set off does go off, everyone is killed and we wouldn't have the Manga no more.
Old 2012-12-19, 18:07   Link #70
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^Yes, but crushing Monet's heart would kill her. That's why people are wondering if she'll really die, whether it be by her heart getting crushed or being in the explosion.
Old 2012-12-19, 18:08   Link #71
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, this IS the new world. Maybe people actually start dying here.
Old 2012-12-19, 18:09   Link #72
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^Yes, but crushing Monet's heart would kill her. That's why people are wondering if she'll really die, whether it be by her heart getting crushed or being in the explosion.
True, but I really think Monet will live. There haven't been many characters killed off in the series. Law got his heart squeeze and just lost strength.
Old 2012-12-19, 18:12   Link #73
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
True, but I really think Monet will live. There haven't been many characters killed off in the series. Law got his heart squeeze and just lost strength.
But Vergo wasn't actually trying to kill Law. Ceasar, on the other hand, intends to take down Smoker with him. Things are different here.
Old 2012-12-19, 18:16   Link #74
marvelB

Whether Caesar has Monet's heart or not, I'm still fairly confident that she'll end up becoming a female Pell.

Also, back on the subject of Momo's colors being "girly", wasn't there someone here who brought up the possibility of Momo being a girl who was raised as a boy a few threads back? I can actually see that theory being plausible since his human appearance was shown as a silhouette during that flashback of his.

And hey, if that theory proves true and (s)he does join, then that means we'd have a reverse trap as a Straw-Hat! It's a win-win situation!
Old 2012-12-19, 18:21   Link #75
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
But Vergo wasn't actually trying to kill Law. Ceasar, on the other hand, intends to take down Smoker with him. Things are different here.
True, well you cut off every point I can make to support that she will live. So all I am left with is just a feeling that she will live so no evidence behind my statement.

...........I am scared now, this could of statement is one that Kona would have made. Kuma please tell me I am not going to be like that.
Old 2012-12-19, 18:24   Link #76
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
True, well you cut off every point I can make to support that she will live. So all I am left with is just a feeling that she will live so no evidence behind my statement.

...........I am scared now, this could of statement is one that Kona would have made. Kuma please tell me I am not going to be like that.
Well, like marvelB said, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Monet is Pell ver. 2.0. given Oda's track record on killing his characters .
Old 2012-12-19, 18:28   Link #77
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Well, like marvelB said, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Monet is Pell ver. 2.0. given Oda's track record on killing his characters .
Would be sweet if it was like that, but if Monet did live after this where would she go? If she goes back to Donquixote Doflamingo, more than likely he is going to kill her or get someone else to do so.
Old 2012-12-19, 18:34   Link #78
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Doflamingo: So, you actually managed to survive and show your face here. I'm sorry, but I must kill you now. You understand, right Monet?

Monet: Yes, young lord.

It's hilarious seeing Doffy act so serious when he's been portrayed as such a big troll. What a contrasting side of him.
Old 2012-12-19, 18:35   Link #79
marvelB

Quote:
Would be sweet if it was like that, but if Monet did live after this where would she go? If she goes back to Donquixote Doflamingo, more than likely he is going to kill her or get someone else to do so.

Clearly, the aftermath of the PH incident will lead to Monet getting her own ministory where she goes through a bunch of wacky misadventures until she settles on being a servant of Wapol in his new kingdom.
Old 2012-12-19, 18:40   Link #80
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm curious, how powerful do people here think Doflamingo is?