Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-20, 01:36   Link #121
ma2ha3

athurn popular? must be a kamikaze jap thingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcl
Screentime doesnt not directly mean popularity but you need screentime if you are going to improve their popularity. You said so yourself that Athrun has been beating Kira in just about every poll SINCE destiny started.
Even if before it was pretty much even you cant deny that screentime isnt the factor that is affecting the polls now.

So i stand by my statement that given just as much screentime as Athrun, Kira would probably just as popular.

Cagalli has had the most screentime out of the ladies but she does nothing but whinge whinge... they arent really making her anymore popular by doing that.

i do not understand why is he popular in japan

Except that he self destruct every single gundam he used, self destruct, like kamikaze pilot in jap air force, so he is basically popular in japan because of his attitude, jap self sacrife.

base on fact that destiny is copy of seed, sabre will be self destructed by athurn yet again. ha ha ha.

clone lacus is a stupid idea, what if the newspaper find out about chairman trick, he will be kick out of office, oh wait, he is a dictator right, dictator santa claus who gave gundam away like macdonald happy meal. what a dogs dinner. again the jap demonstrate their story telling abilities.
ma2ha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 01:38   Link #122
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Is it me or is this show progressing REALLY REALLY REALLY slowly? I dunno...ever since Phase 7, it's been just talking and talking and talking. And it's not even that much character development. It's all this politics stuff that seems to get really oversimplified. I dunno...maybe it's just me. Hopefully things will get better after Athrun sorties with Saviour...
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 01:52   Link #123
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcl
Screentime doesnt not directly mean popularity but you need screentime if you are going to improve their popularity. You said so yourself that Athrun has been beating Kira in just about every poll SINCE destiny started.
Even if before it was pretty much even you cant deny that screentime isnt the factor that is affecting the polls now.

So i stand by my statement that given just as much screentime as Athrun, Kira would probably just as popular.

Cagalli has had the most screentime out of the ladies but she does nothing but whinge whinge... they arent really making her anymore popular by doing that.
I dunno about polls. But My Favorites are the Mineva Crew ^-^" such Vino and Meyrin ^-^" Oh and the Earth Trio ^-^

I wonder if Kira will go down in pthe polls, since we get to know Athrun better.

LOL ya Cagalli doesn't seem like an appealing character this season. Well Shin is not amoung my favorites.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 01:54   Link #124
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2ha3

Except that he self destruct every single gundam he used, self destruct, like kamikaze pilot in jap air force, so he is basically popular in japan because of his attitude, jap self sacrife.

base on fact that destiny is copy of seed, sabre will be self destructed by athurn yet again. ha ha ha.

clone lacus is a stupid idea, what if the newspaper find out about chairman trick, he will be kick out of office, oh wait, he is a dictator right, dictator santa claus who gave gundam away like macdonald happy meal. what a dogs dinner. again the jap demonstrate their story telling abilities.
he's popular because he's a bishie, and over 70% of SEED watchers are girls... you do the maths...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 02:06   Link #125
ma2ha3

what is bishie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
he's popular because he's a bishie, and over 70% of SEED watchers are girls... you do the maths...
HUR what is bishie?

the maths not right, gundam is a boy cartoon. not a gals cartoon. gals normally watch, girls bravo , dears or alshitrun baby etc.
ma2ha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 02:30   Link #126
dreamless

bishie = bishounen = pretty boy

well, Gundam SEED is the "new Gundam of the 21st century", and it turns out more of a shoujo anime than shounen anime it seems, based on the composition of its viewers oh, and AFAIK girls don't watch Girls Bravo nor DearS, those are fan-service animes strictly for boys
Old 2004-12-20, 02:35   Link #127
FlyByNite

Wow, you can really see how skinny Lacus is in that outside shot of her in the sweater.

I wonder if her and Kira had radiation poisoning?

Fake Lacus is the propoganda agent for Zaft eh? Cool... I guess that's what the Blue Cosmos wanted Fllay to become for them in Seed when they transferred her off the Archangel.

Hmm. Mia is kinda crazy, I wonder if she only became Fake Lacus to try and get near Athrun? Hell if the Hawke sisters already had crushes on him, maybe she did too...

I fear for Lacus if she meets Mia, I think Mia might go wacko and try to kill Lacus and replace her permanently

That english speaking Haro is really annoying...lol Man I hope the real Haro Pink-chan fights the English speaking Haro and beats the crap out of it...

Man...That would be really really awesome...heh
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 02:36   Link #128
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
HUR what is bishie?

the maths not right, gundam is a boy cartoon. not a gals cartoon. gals normally watch, girls bravo , dears or alshitrun baby etc.
I'm a girl I watch Gundam Seed. Hell no I don't watch DearS or Girls Bravo 0_o
alshitrun LMAO Aishiteruze Baby, yes I do watch that. Tho some girls will watch fan service animes...not me ^-^" unless there is a plot
Old 2004-12-20, 02:38   Link #129
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
alshitrun LMAO Aishiteruze Baby, yes I do watch that. Tho some girls will watch fan service animes...not me ^-^" unless there is a plot
Gundam has a lot of female fans, especially since Gundam Wing... Infact when they had the Gundam Seed conventions they were saying there was more female fans there then male fans.

DearS and Girls Bravo are also aimed more at guys, that's why there's so much fanservice
Old 2004-12-20, 02:38   Link #130
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
That english speaking Haro is really annoying...lol Man I hope the real Haro Pink-chan fights the English speaking Haro and beats the crap out of it...

Man...That would be really really awesome...heh
LMAO come on you don't like the:

I Understand You Understand! Thank You Very Much LOL...I thought it was amusing
Old 2004-12-20, 02:45   Link #131
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
lol yeah personally I don't know any girls watching those male-oriented fan-service shows like Girls Bravo or DearS... umm... do girls want to get serviced with hot bodies of girls? Aishiteruze Baby is clearly a shoujo show on the other hand

Quote:
Gundam has a lot of female fans, especially since Gundam Wing... Infact when they had the Gundam Seed conventions they were saying there was more female fans there then male fans.

DearS and Girls Bravo are also aimed more at guys, that's why there's so much fanservice
Yup they say over 70% of Gundam SEED watchers are girls...

Quote:
Hmm. Mia is kinda crazy, I wonder if she only became Fake Lacus to try and get near Athrun? Hell if the Hawke sisters already had crushes on him, maybe she did too...

I fear for Lacus if she meets Mia, I think Mia might go wacko and try to kill Lacus and replace her permanently

Hmm... I think Mia looks innocent and sincere enough... for now at least... she clearly worships Lacus IMO...

English Haro is funny to listen to, but of course it won't stand a chance against the super espionage device pink-chan
Old 2004-12-20, 03:19   Link #132
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Impresions: (Scenes that caught my eye)

Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-20, 03:24   Link #133
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresionist
Impresions: (Scenes that caught my eye)

Spoiler:
I think Mia would do anything for Athrun and I do mean... 'anything'... if he said Lacus did it with him...
Old 2004-12-20, 03:25   Link #134
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

Mia t3h lacus wanna be. Of course she would do anythign for him >_>
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 03:54   Link #135
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:

I'm not super sensitive to this kind of thing, but could you stop using the term "jap"? You may as well start calling me a nigger.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 04:14   Link #136
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I was a bit annoyed when watching episode 10, when I saw Gilbert refer to "ZGMF-23S Savior".

What the HELL?!

The adomination and oxymoron called "American English" must DIE.... NOW!
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 04:22   Link #137
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
I think "Savior" is the official English name, isn't it? And its unsurprising that they used American English for it.

Is there an official Japanese name for the ZGMF-23S Savior? Or is the kanji 救世祖 I read somewhere a total figment of my imagination?
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 04:30   Link #138
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
I was a bit annoyed when watching episode 10, when I saw Gilbert refer to "ZGMF-23S Savior".

What the HELL?!

The adomination and oxymoron called "American English" must DIE.... NOW!
actually it should be Saviour... at least in First Attack trailer it's shown clearly as Saviour... however the way it sounds in Japanese, セイバー , is "seiba-"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
I think "Savior" is the official English name, isn't it? And its unsurprising that they used American English for it.

Is there an official Japanese name for the ZGMF-23S Savior? Or is the kanji 救世祖 I read somewhere a total figment of my imagination?
I think the official English name (shown in the First Attack trailer) should be Saviour Gundam, the official Japanese name is セイバーガンダム (reads : seibaa gandamu), while AFAIK the chinese fansites translate it into 救世主高达 .

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-12-20 at 04:49.
Old 2004-12-20, 04:35   Link #139
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
It should be "Saviour".

"Savior" is some bastardized 'american-english' version...
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 04:41   Link #140
kuroitatsu
Über Alles

Send a message via AIM to kuroitatsu
too true, too true. Is it me or is the Chairmens supposed ideals the same as Lacus (i think they did this on purpose)
kuroitatsu is offline   Reply With Quote