Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-03, 23:13   Link #1
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

Older woman going for younger male

I've already seen Onegai Teacher! Wondering if there is any other older woman going for a younger male romance/drama/comedy/blah.
Old 2009-01-03, 23:17   Link #2
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Rosario no Vampire has very little...
You'd probably like Kanokon
Old 2009-01-03, 23:27   Link #3
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

Seen both, RnV Capu2 was a little but not really what i was going for. Kanokon`s Kouta wasnt older, just a little shota thrown in
Old 2009-01-03, 23:30   Link #4
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ighlight=older
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ighlight=older

EDIT: Looking through, it seems only RahXephon is an anime in the above two topics; the rest are manga. =\
Old 2009-01-04, 00:24   Link #5
kujoe
from head to heel

You'll probably find more anime which has a female romantic lead who is only one year older than the male lead (e.g., Kimikiss). Two years older (e.g., Kekkaishi, Cooking Cooking Master Boy(?) ) would be bit less frequent, and beyond that even rarer.

The fact is, such an age dynamic between male and female is usually much more popular in adult anime and manga, and sometimes mainstream manga itself.

And as IronFox has already said, Kanokon's Kouta is merely a shouta but he's actually one year younger than the main female lead. He just looks much younger in comparison due to his looks. The same goes for the other shouta/oneesan-themed anime, Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!

From the top of my head (and minor spoilers abound):

Onegai Teacher - comedy, romance
RahXephon - mecha, love story
Macross - mecha, romance
Macross Frontier - mecha, romance (A love triangle is involved, where the other girl is younger than the male lead.)
Condor Hero - wuxia, action, love story (Nice story but its animation quality leaves much to be desired. Season 3 has not yet aired, and probably never will.)
Seirei no Moribito - wuxia, action, fantasy (I'm mentioning this right here, but it's quite subtle and not the main focus. It isn't even resolved since the series only covers the first novel.)
Tenchi - sci-fi, action, harem comedy (Too many spin-offs of which the main canon is the original OVA series followed by Tenchi GXP. Romance is rather weak since Tenchi has auto-harem powers enabled, though it has its moments.)
Honey and Clover - drama, comedy
Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo - magical girl, drama (What happens when the mahou shoujo guardian of the town grows up but refuses to move on?)
They are my Noble Masters - comedy, some drama, harem (with some yuri thrown in thanks to the bisexual nature of its main female lead.)
El Hazard - fantasy, action, comedy, romance (Stick to the first OVA series as the rest are hardly worth it. Not to mention, the actual epilogue is at the end of the first OVA series.)
Tsukihime - occult fantasy, action, romance

And yes, as you can already probably tell, I prefer the "oneesan" characters myself.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-01-04 at 01:27.
Old 2009-01-04, 01:11   Link #6
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

Yeah I figured that mostly this shows up in hentai. I was just wondering if there is anything else than onegai teacher that had the same "older woman falls for younger male and tries to hide relationship" thing.
Old 2009-01-04, 01:26   Link #7
servidor

The anime "Okusama wa Maho Shojo" is an option. Kikuko Inoue voices the main character, Ureshiko Asaba or Agnes.
Old 2009-01-04, 02:55   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The series Happy Lesson and its sequels depict a high-school boy who ends up living communally with five of his teachers. Since it's a harem, there isn't an immediate resolution to the potential liaisons, though I understand there's a conclusive ending in the final sequel.
Old 2009-01-04, 10:34   Link #9
f4nt4

hmm... i thought happy lesson doesnt have romantic feelings for each other.
how about spice and wolf.
Old 2009-01-04, 11:57   Link #10
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFox View Post
Yeah I figured that mostly this shows up in hentai. I was just wondering if there is anything else than onegai teacher that had the same "older woman falls for younger male and tries to hide relationship" thing.
There's this other series called Mouse (ANN/Wikipedia)

It's about this young guy who is a teacher by day and a legendary thief by night. He is assisted by his three co-teachers who are strict with the way he handles his job, but who are actually his servants who become totally eager to serve him in private. And by "serve", I don't simply mean just on his heists...

The main female lead is also voiced by Kikuko Inoue by the way.

It's more of an ecchi harem comedy with some action. The quality is rather bad and the English fansubbing community didn't really go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4nt4
hmm... i thought happy lesson doesnt have romantic feelings for each other.
I haven't watched it myself, but I also heard that there's a proper conclusion in the finale.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-01-04 at 12:08.
Old 2009-01-04, 21:03   Link #11
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

Seen Happy Lesson, Spice and Wolf, and Mouse. Happy Lesson is some what close to what im looking for, older women, guy trying to hide the fact that he lives with him, etc. Spice and Wolf, not really, sure shes about 1000 or so years older than him. And Mouse, not even close. Is Onegai Teacher really the only one out there? I thought this might be a subject thats been tapped a few times.
Old 2009-01-04, 23:33   Link #12
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, it's not an anime but you can try the manhwa Unbalance x Unbalance which is probably exactly what you're looking for. A drama about a student and his teacher. No aliens, no stupid excuse for getting together. Just a guy who really falls in love with his teacher, and she eventually for him.

There's a thread in the manga section. If you're curious, go and take a look.

I wouldn't include Spice and Wolf in the list despite the age difference because the female character's appearance is that of a younger girl. The age gap becomes illusory in this case and it doesn't really convey the theme you're going for.

Condor Hero, which I mentioned before, does involve this guy falling in love with his martial arts teacher, which is taboo in ancient China. They try to hide it at first, before the crap hits the fan. The series itself is an acquired taste since the quality isn't good. Moreover, I doubt you're looking for a kung-fu epic.
Old 2009-01-05, 09:23   Link #13
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I'm seconding Tenchi! mostly because there are so many versions

edit:

also someone else made a same request which was on the same page so check out those suggestions also
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=76177
Old 2009-01-06, 00:44   Link #14
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

^^^ That thread was already covered earlier in this thread, almost all manga, looking for anime.
Old 2009-01-06, 01:10   Link #15
G.o.S
~desu♥

FLCL, I guess, since nobody has mentioned it. The style maybe a bit crazy but if you can stand it... it'll definitely become your favorite. Awesome animation, and music from GAINAX.
Old 2009-01-06, 02:01   Link #16
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

im surprised that no one mention ufo princess valkyrie

im not too sure about eureka 7 or mahoromatic, the female leads appear older and more mature, but actual age, not so much
Old 2009-01-06, 02:13   Link #17
npcomplete

As mentioned, Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo would definitely qualify if you like Onegai Teacher.

Tsukihime is another but unlike Onegai Teacher or Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo, not much significance is made of the age difference.
Old 2009-01-06, 11:02   Link #18
Shadow Kira01

Ages in animes are rather difficult to tell. Not sure if these are mentioned yet:

Clannad: Nagisa is a year older than Tomoya, though it doesn't seem that way.

Code Geass: C.C. is definitely older than Lelouch by hundreds to thousands of years.

Kurogane no Linebarrels: Considering that Kouichi is only 14, I am certain that both Emi and Miu are older than him.

Kurozuka: Considering that Kuromitsu is a vampire, she is probably hundreds of years old.

Macross Frontier: It is difficult to tell whether Alto is older than Sheryl Nome or not, but considering that Ranka is younger than the two of them..

Tales of the Abyss: Considering what Luke fon Fabre is, Tear is obviously older than him.

Toradora!: Is Ami older than Ryuuji? I can't really tell.. Taiga is younger, so I am assuming Ami is older than her.

Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo: Actually, I can't tell whether Ryoko is older than the guy or the other way around.
Old 2009-01-06, 12:47   Link #19
npcomplete

.. I'm also assuming when you say older girl + younger guy, you're looking for a more.. er, MILFy gal
Old 2009-01-07, 20:42   Link #20
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

^^^ have you ever seen a non-milfy mom in anime???
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, drama, romance