AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you spread info ?
I research things before spreading them out 12 63.16%
A lot of people say so its gotta be true 4 21.05%
Hypocrite, tell people do this, and i dont 4 21.05%
I say things cus they sound cool 3 15.79%
I say random things at random times 9 47.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-11-09, 20:45   Link #1
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Question How I distribute INFORMATION

Here is something i decided yo have a poll on cus its one of the things the world is heavely based on. I N F O R M A T I O N

Lack of it makes you ignorant
Having it makes you educated or wtvr

anyways the poll here is to see how people spread information they receive, do they pass on rumors they heard cus its cool ? Or have actually researched it. Anyways ..
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 20:53   Link #2
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Option 3 is my favorite!

...it should be fairly self-explanatory, ne?
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 22:43   Link #3
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I usually practice the age-old art of hyperbole when spreading information just to give it that extra special touch of sensationalism.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 00:44   Link #4
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sannin
Here is something i decided yo have a poll on cus its one of the things the world is heavely based on. I N F O R M A T I O N

Lack of it makes you ignorant
Having it makes you educated or wtvr

anyways the poll here is to see how people spread information they receive, do they pass on rumors they heard cus its cool ? Or have actually researched it. Anyways ..
hey! there isnt an option for "properly speeled"

umm. i tend to pass on the wizdom that i have been bestowed, and analyzed.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 00:52   Link #5
The Yellow Dwarf

I don't spread information. Instead, I hoard my iniformation and use it to gain power to take over the world!
The Yellow Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 01:53   Link #6
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Spread information? why bother? People only believe what they want reguardless of truth. If I said that Bush rigged the election, then made up some obviously fake "proof", people who hate bush would instantly jump on it even though it's false. On the other hand, if I found real proof that bush rigged the election, the people who support him would just dismiss it as left wing propaganda. Today the "truth" is only what supports one's world view. If something does, it's true, if it doesn't it's false. Spreading information is just a waste of time. Therefore, I say random things at random times in the hope that every now and then something meaningful comes out.
Old 2004-11-10, 02:31   Link #7
hooliganj
Team Player

I have some belief in journalistic integrity - that is, if the information I'm about to relate is hearsay, I will try to couch it in those terms. I won't answer the poll, though, because it's very much a pollster's style of question, where the options don't come close to covering the range of answers.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 03:02   Link #8
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Kamui, what you say sounds very interesting of course, but if you ask me it is 90% bullshit. If you realy believe that, there are almost no practical ways to discussa topic with you that concerns facts, and what about a teacher that teaches his students? If he says that the world war 2 ended in1945, nobody would write on his test "the world war has not ended, for there still are neo-nazis". that would simply be wrong. what you are mentioning only counts in a very few subjects, subjects that either concern belief, morals or that are so complex that it is practically impossible for simple humans as you and me to know everything about it. this is the case for example with Palestina and Israel: it is about belief and morals, and there is so much information about it, so many things happenned, that only a very few people can say they know about what they talk. unfortunatly, so many more people say that, but that is not the point of my post... That's why I said 90%: only 10%, or probably even less, I don't know at all (for me, it's round 90%).

besides: if everyone acted like you say, people would know a lot less about things that are happenning. It is through discussions and talking with others that I got to learn facts about certain subjects. combining all of them now, gives me a whole better idea about it than I would have if my surrounding never bothered to tell me anything and I would only know what the media told me.

now about the thread subject: imo this poll would give you: 0% result. you might get alot of answers, but that will not be a real result; only some random answers that you got from a lot of different people all intrepreting this poll differently. I say you should at least mention in what kind of context I should place the question. I spread information differently about different kind of information. If I'm talking about how big my new puppy dog has gotten, and how he has learned to do all kinds of stuff, I might say things beacause they sound cool to brag. If I'm talking about serious things, as the presidential election (which Idon't talk about because I don't know enough about it at all) I would do a lot of research before saying anything. If a lot of people are saying that the president of France died, I would accept that fact because people wouldn't say that just for nothing (not all the people I know... I know some that might, but if truly "a lot of people" say it, it is almost certainly true). If I would smoke, I would still say to everyone, if they asked me, that smoking is bad and they shouldn't do it. this is not hypocrisy, this is true. I believe I definately should say that. I could go on like that for a while, but I think now is the time to stop, or nobody will even bother to start reading this post ^^
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 04:51   Link #9
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
hey! there isnt an option for "properly speeled"

umm. i tend to pass on the wizdom that i have been bestowed, and analyzed.
i dont feel like reviewing my own post, can u tell me what i mispelled ?? lool jk bet someone of u r labeling me as option 3 :P

so i mispeeled you inot yo :P
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 06:04   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sannin
i dont feel like reviewing my own post, can u tell me what i mispelled ?? lool jk bet someone of u r labeling me as option 3 :P

so i mispeeled you inot yo :P
Lol. You misspelled about every fourth word.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 06:18   Link #11
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

Just type up your post in word then spell check it. All should be fine then... I hope
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 09:34   Link #12
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Heh.

Maybe the poll type should be changed as one is currently able to vote for all the options at the same time. ^^: Personally, I like option number one and try to follow it when posting on topics.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 11:37   Link #13
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yellow Dwarf
I don't spread information. Instead, I hoard my iniformation and use it to gain power to take over the world!
Then you deny that you just spread information about yourself?
You won't be able to take a country with that skill - let alone the whole world.

I spread my information like that (in the order of frequency):
1. I memorize what I've heard from a lot of people and then check up on it a little bit (note that the emphasis lies on "a little bit" as in sloppy)
2. I check up on the topic or don't say anything until something pops out that I'm knowledgable in.
3. What a lot of people say must be right - it just has to!
4. I say stuff just because it's cool. On a related matter, did you guys know that about 95% of the crimes were committed by people that ate bread before committing it? Ergo: Bread is evil! Yes, even more so than dubs .

Sometimes it happens that I combine 4. with the other points which results in me being witty, handsome *cough* and wise.

Yes, I do home shows as well, just call _Sin_ 3 times in front of a mirror and I'll be there

EDIT: Did I already mention

0. It doesn't matter since my posts will kill the thread eventually (usually instantly) anyway?

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-11-11 at 12:03. Reason: :***C
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote