AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-06-16, 05:53   Link #21
JediNight
キズランダム

It's BECAUSE Blizzard doesn't rush their games out the door early that they are so good... Many MMOs have been ruined by just flatout releasing too soon -- WW2 Online, Anarchy Online, and Starwars Galaxies are good examples of releasing way too soon.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 07:34   Link #22
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Well, i never stated that fighting even matches are worthwhile - but for self defense and on full health with good equipt you are able to take them on ( for example if you get attacked ) At last as a monk. I'm a level 24 monk and yeah, fighting even matches in ever worthwhile, but i just said its possible

Then again it doesnt really matters because ffxi is a party game to begin with..
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-17, 20:54   Link #23
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Well, I am gonne play WoW. The quest system there seems totally awesome and diffrent from all the other MMORPGs I've played! And I have played loads of them like "DarkAge of Camelot" "EverQuest" "UltimaOnline" "AnarchyOnline" "FF-XI" and Ragnarok Online.
And the best out there to now in my opinion is Dark Age of Camelot. Played it since the beta release. The system there is so much better then all the other MMORPGs out to now! The so called RvR system(Realm versus Realm).
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 00:18   Link #24
WARRAVEN
New Assasin on the Block

Ok, I am now playing UD, and leatherworking has gone into some improvements. It is MUCH MUCH more fun as UD, and I personally lead one of the two teams that was the first raid ever in WoW, it was awesome... took 3-4 hours, but it was fun.

Raven
P.S. BTW PvP server is awesome!
WARRAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 13:11   Link #25
WARRAVEN
New Assasin on the Block

PvP has doubled the value of this game easily. Its a lot of fun, and with the newer raids its getting better. There are no rewards for raiding yet, but we are expecting some momentarily. The server is crashing a lot... but they are busily repairing it(though one of those crash's might have been my fault....hehe).

Raven
Old 2004-06-20, 13:28   Link #26
7thMethuselah

from everything I've seen WoW looks very very promising. And blizzard games have always been able to get me addicted somehow. I'm 99.99999 % sure to pick up this game...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 08:16   Link #27
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
same......but gotta choose.....
After playing Diablo II : LOD... i'd say I'll go with WoW...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 08:27   Link #28
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Unlike many other companies out there, blizzard sure due take there time in a game.. they must be improving certain aspects of it (like how some ppl said orc were boring)... that is what makes them unique, and also what pisses me off about them...

well i think WOW is gonna own FFXI.. but lets pray blizz gonna release wow soon..

btw does anyone have ANY info on starcraft 2? like what sort of units are being planned etc.. too bad that heroes can't fit into starcraft like they fitted into war eh? hehe

ero-sannin@useast ---> starcraft, broodwar
ero-sannin@azeroth ----> war3. TFT

wananh get ur ass kiked sometime whisper to me when i m online

PS
imagine blizzard doing a naruto MMORPG, it would own totally... some ppl r doing it, but its in 2d, and its like well sorry to say this but sort of weak looking.. if blizzard does it.. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I WILL RESERVE 107510 COPIES as soon as I hear the news
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 13:32   Link #29
JediNight
キズランダム

Actually. I thought that the Heroes were the worst addition in Warcraft3. It is what most made me never play Warcraft3 when it was released after playing Warcraft2 for many years. It puts way too much emphasis on the power of a single unit. And leveling the Hero off of NPCs was just plain stupid and defeats the purpose of playing against another person on Battle.net. I would be very angry and disappointed in Blizzard if they ruined Starcraft2 by including Hero units. I just don't see it fitting into the style of Starcraft though, thankfully.

The gimping of the economy management to being mostly non-important made me angry as well. So did the "micro lite" micro-management that wasn't really strategy, just spammy clicking of commands. Also bad was how hard scouting was and due to the limited scope of units and money, it was almost impossible to build adequate counter-forces once mid-game hits and having to upgrade them to Level3 as well.
Old 2004-06-22, 14:03   Link #30
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I tought the heroes was kinda cool in warcraft3, It's like having an ultralisk that can cast magics. ^^ But I agree I don't like how they gimp the army tho, the penalty for massing huge army sucks in WC3. It was so much fun in Starcraft massing hydra and lings with 6 hatchery. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 01:01   Link #31
WARRAVEN
New Assasin on the Block

You won't be dissapointed, this game is far more addicting than their other games and another classic great hit. Its totally worth it. And I would definently pick up a Naruto RPG of any kind.

Raven
Old 2004-06-23, 23:06   Link #32
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRAVEN
You won't be dissapointed, this game is far more addicting than their other games and another classic great hit. Its totally worth it. And I would definently pick up a Naruto RPG of any kind.
Have they fixed back up the Priest class yet in the beta? From what I heard they were deemed too powerful at first so they were gutted and started over in abilities. I played an assassin in DAOC and a Rogue in EQ, so I think I'm ready to play a support class again and would like to be Priest, but if its not that great ill go Rogue again.

Like at the point I was reading the Paladin class healed for more, faster, with less mana than the Priest which is kinda screwy. And the Priest could only sleep like 1 thing at a time or something.

What do they have now? And is the Rogues sleep attack still useful or did they gimp it?
Old 2004-11-08, 14:13   Link #33
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Actually. I thought that the Heroes were the worst addition in Warcraft3. It is what most made me never play Warcraft3 when it was released after playing Warcraft2 for many years. It puts way too much emphasis on the power of a single unit.
Having played Warcaft1, 2 and 3 plus Starcraft, I can understand why people didnt like the hero concept. Initially I didnt like the idea that much but you get used to it.

Quote:
And leveling the Hero off of NPCs was just plain stupid and defeats the purpose of playing against another person on Battle.net.
Actually there is a purpose because it encourges a more active approach. Turtling is a lot less common in wc3 than in wc2 or starcraft, especially in a 1v1 game.

Quote:
I would be very angry and disappointed in Blizzard if they ruined Starcraft2 by including Hero units. I just don't see it fitting into the style of Starcraft though, thankfully.
I dont think they would add hero in SC2, but you just never know.

Quote:
The gimping of the economy management to being mostly non-important made me angry as well. So did the "micro lite" micro-management that wasn't really strategy, just spammy clicking of commands. Also bad was how hard scouting was and due to the limited scope of units and money, it was almost impossible to build adequate counter-forces once mid-game hits and having to upgrade them to Level3 as well.
To me, Warcraft 3 is more about tactics than strategy. Then again, even in games like WC2 or SC, there really isn't more strategy than in WC3, at least IMO. I like the upkeep concept though but yet I think they should have increased the unit crap.

Speaking of RTS game, another good series is the Total War series, namely Shogun, Medieval and Rome. What prevented them from becoming much better and popular were their absolutely crappy multiplayer interface and lack of commitment to game balancing, which eventually turn me off so much that make me decided to play WC3 instead.
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 09:42   Link #34
Shadowlord
~DESU

Dont know how many people already know this, but the open beta began yesterday.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 10:15   Link #35
Kens
>>

Best? there is no best. Everyone have different opinions on what they like. Just cuz everyone plays it or says its good, doesnt mean that ur going to like it. U just gotta find a game thats right for you.
but for me its EQ>All , thats why imma try EQ2
Old 2004-11-09, 11:06   Link #36
Trax
Rock beats scissors

After playing Everquest for years (still mildly active) I tried out FFXI, but got bored with it after a few months. From what I've seen and read, WoW will probably keep me interested longer than FFXI did.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 22:31   Link #37
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

The open beta is CLOSED now.... Ops! But I have a account while thousands don't. Off to play now

I'll add some feed back later on, if i remember.
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 22:51   Link #38
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK anime seeker
The open beta is CLOSED now.... Ops! But I have a account while thousands don't. Off to play now

I'll add some feed back later on, if i remember.
So mean.

I'm not much of a Warcraft fan but I'm looking forward to Starcraft II though.
Old 2004-11-10, 22:59   Link #39
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
So mean.

I'm not much of a Warcraft fan but I'm looking forward to Starcraft II though.
Actualy I was real lucky... I just signed up hours before they closed it. I signed up at 2am just after I finished up some papers. So I think I'm just plain lucky but don't to upset! Blizzard said they might have more accounts open later on and from what blizzard normaly does it looks like there will be more accounts to come
HK anime seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 01:53   Link #40
Draikan7

wow had open beta signups a few days ago...i've been in closed ever since but i can tell you that wow is one of the better mmrpgs out there ever since everquest. nothing else comes close to it.
Draikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote