Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-19, 11:39   Link #3241
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
1.Character setting (Tohka is dumb as heck and have no common sense and you dont say anything ) and comic relief.

2.Spirits are overpowered in this world and she isnt the antagonist.

3.Tell that to all the other series that has this setting.

4.in her perspective Tohka and the others are the cockblocks.

5.Mana didnt suffer anything, she doesnt even know shes getting messed up by DEM and doesnt remember Shidou before the story started.

6.Spirits bring chaos death and property damage, and her parents are dead what else do you need. Don't go saying "(oh she should understand them individually instead of hating all of them)" Its easier to put everything in one label, thats called being human.

7.Shidou doesnt even feel anything to Yoshino and the Yamai Twins now that he saved them. are you saying kick them out of the series too?? Tohka happens to be active in the romance department just because she's close to him. And Kotori is in the sister-zone. how bout the AST? now that the DEM is shown to be more powerful, so should the author get rid of the AST too? all this are story settings, whats wrong for it to be put into the novel =.=
Oh, this'll be fun....

Spoiler for Length:

You may as well ignore the above, though. If you are a fan of Origami, then you'll probably see her character as sympathetic and funny. If you aren't (like me), you see her as pointless and unnecessary. I doubt this argument will change anything.
Old 2013-06-19, 12:14   Link #3242
kagato3

Xfire, did you read volume 4 or did base your feelings on the anime?
I ask because we do see a glimpse of her life and parents during her flash back at the start of the novel. While it is not much it still is about the same level what is shown of many other characters that motivation is caused by the death of their parents like say Bruce Wayne.

Your point 5 is also incorrect as he does try to talk her out of fighting the spirits nearly every time they talk, again something the anime cut a lot of, but due to her anger only slowly seems to make any headway on. Just as shidou sees karumi as what would have happens if he forestryhadn,t saved Touka , he sees Mana as what Origami could become.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2013-06-19 at 12:27.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 14:37   Link #3243
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I was just marathoning Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night a bit ago, and y'know......

Tohka = Saber (obviously)
Yoshino = Rider
Kurumi = Assassin (she could also cound as Berserker or maybe even Caster)
Kotori = Berserker (because of her rage mode)
Yamai Twins = Archer/Lancer (they have a bow and a lance)
Miku = Caster (sort of)
IMO:

Kurumi: Archer with her unlimited clone works.
Yamai= Berserker but also Archer.
Efreet= Berserker but also Saber.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 14:51   Link #3244
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
IMO:

Kurumi: Archer with her unlimited clone works.
Yamai= Berserker but also Archer.
Efreet= Berserker but also Saber.
The whole UBW thing isn't what makes Archer an Archer-class. She's definitely best classified as Assassin.

The Yamai Twins use a lance too, so Lancer works there.

How does Kotori work out as Saber? She uses a war axe and a cannon.
Old 2013-06-19, 19:53   Link #3245
cloud04
Scanlator

hmm correct me if im wrong..but the vol 2 BD has a light novel bundled with it right?the one tohka in a bunny suit..and seems the origami figma comes w/ a bundled light novel as well
Old 2013-06-19, 23:02   Link #3246
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Oh, this'll be fun....

1. But they screw it up. Why is she stalking him? We don't know beyond that she likes him. Why is she emotionless? It's not like no one else in the series has gone through the same or worse. And what comic relief? It isn't funny (OK, i'll admit the last one is opinion).
This is purposely one of the bigger mysteries of the series. She has been stalking him since before he met her during the first day of high school. There are hints that it may have something to do with the fire years ago or even before then. As for her emotions, a) she isn't as emotionless as she looks and b) I would say she did have a lot more trauma them pretty much all the rest of the cast as she saw her parents rather brutally murdered in front of her face when she was 12.
Quote:
2. She shows up and attacks the spirits, driving them into a corner so they start smashing stuff. She holds to a black/white world view where they are evil and AST is good. She caused both Tohka and Yoshino's rampages. Until that DEM guy showed up, she was the antagonist.
Being a good antagonist doesn't mean they have to be a true threat to the protagonist and she was never what I would classify as the primary antagonist of any of the novels but volume 4 and the novels are quite clear that the AST are more there to annoy the spirits to leave than to be able to kill them.
Quote:
3. Okay, the word cliche means it's been overused. And in this case they fail it completely. We never see her parents, or her previous life. We don't see the destruction thereof. We get a two line monologue about how she hates them and will kill them.
I'll ask again did you read volume 4 chapter 7?
Quote:
4. Except she's the one who keeps jumping in. Shidou gets into those situations with the spirits because of his own actions, and she interferes. Shidou gets into those situations with her because she engineers them, and he spends the entire time trying to escape.
Both groups do the same level of "cock blocking", about the only reason Origami isn't farther ahead is Shidou is a tad bit dense on picking up signs she is interested in him. case in point is him missing all the signs during his visit to her house.
Quote:
5. Mana, the little sister who has spent years trying to kill something that always comes back? Shidou's reaction to finding out about her and Kurumi was to try and save both of them. He has never tried to save Origami.
This is completely incorrect. Again it seems your view is more based on the anime then the novels as he does try to talk her out of fighting the spirits nearly every time they talk, again something the anime cut a lot of, but due to her anger only slowly seems to make any headway on. Just as shidou sees karumi as what would have happens if he hadn't saved Touka , he sees Mana as what Origami could become. this is even reinforced in Ep 12 of the anime.

Quote:
6.That would be an excellent excuse.... If she could stop them. As it is, all she does is provoke the spirits into causing more damage. The best they can do is send them back, at which point they cause another spacequake later. The worst they can do is emotionally destabilize the spirit, which results in either a rampage or Kurumi.
I will point out that her irrational hatred was born from watching her home burn, having her parents murdered in front of her and then getting the hell beat out of her when she was 12. That added with the AST and DEM propaganda basically means to her Spirit = Evil and given nearly every Spirit we see the AST deal with starts as hostile to them. Regardless Origami isn't the leader of the AST unit so none of those events were directly her dissuasion.
Quote:
7. I'm not talking about romance. I'm talking about an emotional connection. He wants to protect the spirits, and does everything he can to take care of them. He hasn't shown any signs of such for Origami. As far as I can tell, he thinks of her as a classmate. Not a friend, a classmate. Hell, she practically had to kidnap him just to get a hospital visit.
refer back to point 5 for this.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 00:04   Link #3247
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Jeez I'm not on for awhile and the anime causes some hell of a fight Jesus can't we all just enjoy the novel?
Old 2013-06-20, 01:00   Link #3248
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Oh, this'll be fun....

Spoiler for Length:

You may as well ignore the above, though. If you are a fan of Origami, then you'll probably see her character as sympathetic and funny. If you aren't (like me), you see her as pointless and unnecessary. I doubt this argument will change anything.
You have such a biased and shallow view of her character.
Old 2013-06-20, 01:31   Link #3249
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
hmm correct me if im wrong..but the vol 2 BD has a light novel bundled with it right?the one tohka in a bunny suit..and seems the origami figma comes w/ a bundled light novel as well
I don't think we've heard anything about that. The only thing I know about along those lines is the special episode 13 that comes with volume 9 in December.
Old 2013-06-20, 02:10   Link #3250
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I don't think we've heard anything about that. The only thing I know about along those lines is the special episode 13 that comes with volume 9 in December.
It's on the anime website: Tohka Working and Yoshino Highschool. Sounds delicious.
Old 2013-06-20, 02:44   Link #3251
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
It's on the anime website: Tohka Working and Yoshino Highschool. Sounds delicious.
Tohka Working
Spoiler:

delicious indeed
Old 2013-06-20, 02:54   Link #3252
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Tohka Working
Spoiler:

delicious indeed
Is it the SS ones? O.O

Images
Kurumi SS
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 02:55   Link #3253
tm902541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
BTW, remember that we discussed about the original Kurumi and her 'clones' are very similar to the MISAKA network from the Raildex (Railgen/Index) series? It was concerning of the part about the memories of her clones can be assimilated into the original's mind. Well, I'm under an impression that the more Kurumi hangs out with Shidou, the more likely she'll lose focus regardless. Thus, she would slowly losing her focus on her goal as long as her mind is slowly clouded by her memories with Shidou piece by piece via her clones.
It seems it's not the same network MISAKA.

In vol 7 to find whereabouts of Tokha.

Kurumi potential to create clones for information. And while Kurumi "clones" said Kurumi information by talking to Kurumi "original".
tm902541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 02:59   Link #3254
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm902541 View Post
It seems it's not the same network MISAKA.

In vol 7 to find whereabouts of Tokha.

Kurumi potential to create clones for information. And while Kurumi "clones" said Kurumi information by talking to Kurumi "original".
Though I'm not convinced that she still can assimilate something from her 'clones'. Who knew?
Old 2013-06-20, 03:15   Link #3255
holybell84

Quote:
Is it the SS ones? O.O

Images
Kurumi SS
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Nope, that's from Data A Live encore
Old 2013-06-20, 03:23   Link #3256
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Nope, that's from Data A Live encore
My bad. I confused with the titles.

Say, when will Baka-Tsuki update it?
Old 2013-06-20, 05:32   Link #3257
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
My bad. I confused with the titles.

Say, when will Baka-Tsuki update it?
better not ask those kinds of question..you'll piss off the tlor XD
Old 2013-06-20, 08:14   Link #3258
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
I always thought of her as a middle-schooler.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 11:35   Link #3259
JAGI_X

Quote:
Tohka Working
Spoiler:

delicious indeed
Hell yeah Tohka in Usagi outfit
Old 2013-06-20, 12:32   Link #3260
darker than black

Question why did shidou turn into a girl!?!?

In the mikku lily ark volume 6 Did shido turn into a girl or was he just dressing up as one? Im really confused
darker than black is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy