AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2024-01-27, 13:26   Link #1461
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Considering how White was introduced as an excuse to sell more figurines I wouldn't be surprised if the next fight will give us a new Gotenks form
Personally, I would love to see their potara fusion since they have been stuck with only Gotenks for years.

Also, am I the only one that appreciates the fact that Trunks and Future Trunks are (so far) focusing on different forms of fighting? Teen Trunks focuses on fusions along side Goten who could have easily become a Gohan clone otherwise, while Future Trunks is the one that is the typical solo fighter that gets new super saiyan forms. Glad to see that their different life experiences actually matter in this series unlike death with has lost all meaning and tension.
Old 2024-02-17, 16:47   Link #1462
GDB

Gotenks is still a freaking joke, and not in a good way. At least they've officially, in-series, coined Ultimate Gohan as such now. And we start UI vs Beast, and they seem equal atm but neither is really trying too hard yet.

Also, why do I get the feeling Broly's about to become friends with Goten and Trunks and turn into a joke character?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-20, 17:59   Link #1463
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It would have been cool to see adult Gotenks. But nope, same gag again. At least switch it up with the skinny version.

It's hard to tell since the fight just started but it doesn't seem like Beast is that much stronger than MUI. Definitely not Black Frieza level.
Old 2024-03-07, 22:36   Link #1464
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Sad news that Toriyama Akira has passed away at 68. I never got into the Dragonball franchise or his other works, but he was a true giant of manga.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-07, 23:15   Link #1465
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

RIP Akira Toriyama.

Thank you for Dragon Ball in my childhood.
Old 2024-03-08, 00:35   Link #1466
n0m@n
C-Z

RIP Toriyama.
You played a big part in my childhood…
Old 2024-03-08, 00:42   Link #1467
Frontier

Wow...I just...I think I'm in shock.

Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Z, were one of my first real experiences with Japanese animation and storytelling growing up and I watched it religiously through the beginning, Z, GT, all the movies, and Super...and loving it, the characters, the whimsical world, battles, and heart all along. And I owe that to Toriyama-sensei.

RIP Akira Toriyama. Thank you for crafting a world where wishes can come true and the universe isn't the limit.
Old 2024-03-08, 02:37   Link #1468
Lex79

A really sad day.
Thanks for everything you gave us, Toriyama.
Old 2024-03-08, 04:59   Link #1469
Random14

RIP Akira Toriyama, thank you for so many wonderful works.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 05:42   Link #1470
magnuskn

Aw, man. May he rest in peace.

While I didn't grow up with his work, I did enjoy watching the Dragonball TV show in Paraguay during my almost three years living in the capital Asunción, where it was running together with some other classic cartoons on the Cartoon Network cable channel. And I don't mean Dragonball Z, I mean the original Dragonball show with Goku as a little kid. When I left for Germany, he had just grown up and married Chichi.

I never really reconnected with the show and only got back into it a bit with DBZ Abridged, but it was definitely a part of my cultural education.
Old 2024-03-08, 06:11   Link #1471
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Remembrance message from President Macron of France.

https://x.com/EmmanuelMacron/status/...270225954?s=20
Old 2024-03-08, 06:32   Link #1472
The Green One

Too bad the Dragonballs can't wish you back from natural death... Thank you for your gift to the world...
Old 2024-03-08, 07:23   Link #1473
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

RIP Toriyama-sensei. He contributed heavily to making my childhood a little bit happier. Watched Dragon Ball and Z as a kid, and it was the first manga series I collected. I lost count of the time I reread my volumes, which I replaced with the Perfect Edition a few years back.

This is the manga world's biggest loss since Osamu Tezuka. I was shocked when I read the news and I've been thinking about it all morning. It hurts more than it normally would have because he had a lot of on-going projects (Super manga, Daima, Sand land...).

Now I know for sure the story will never move past the End of Z, and I don't think he actually planned on it. And even if it does... he will have no involvement in it so I won't care. Dragon Ball will just remain the OG manga to me, the rest is just a bonus. Sometimes a nice one, sometimes not so nice.

Anyone who has never read Dragon Ball is really missing out. It's never too late, doesn't matter how old you are. It's a timeless story.
Old 2024-03-08, 12:49   Link #1474
Blaat

RIP at such a young age too. His works affected me throughout my entire life and will continue to do so until till the end.
Old 2024-03-08, 14:51   Link #1475
Sparteh

RIP to the person who pretty much got me into anime and with whose work my entire generation grew up with.
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 16:48   Link #1476
marvelB

Damn.... I just heard about this. Like many here, DB was a major part of my childhood. Admittedly, I didn't closely follow the Super stuff, but I would still revisit the original manga/anime (Kai included) now and then. Heck, I have a soft spot for Dr. Slump, too. Well, you have my eternal gratitude for all the years of entertainment you have provided for us, Toriyama-sensei.... may you rest in peace.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 19:40   Link #1477
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Macron (French president) tweeted about his death. Toriyama had been knighted by France in 2019.

Tons of mangakas reacted on social media. I'd like to know how Sorachi reacted to the news given what a humongous Dragon Ball fan he is (Dragon Ball was probably the most parodied work in Gintama) but he isn't on any platform.
Old 2024-03-08, 21:29   Link #1478
The Green One

I feel this is fitting....

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-03-09, 00:03   Link #1479
DKN117

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Too bad the Dragonballs can't wish you back from natural death... Thank you for your gift to the world...
His cause of death was reported as a subdural hematoma - bleeding in-between the brain and its protective 'barrier', usually caused by head trauma, and statistically one of the deadliest of all head injuries (like, a shocking 50-90% of those afflicted die from it). But that means it had to have been caused by head trauma, an impact or a fall, not a natural disease...

GRAB THE DRAGON RADAR!!! WE'RE GOING HUNTING!!!
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-09, 04:51   Link #1480
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Is there some direct connection between DB and football (soccer)? I'm seeing tons of soccer clubs tweeting out condolence messages on twitter.

Tags
donkan mc