Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-06-22, 01:49   Link #2101
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Hiddink: National Treasure in Korea; National Hero in Australia; and now National Idol in Russia. xD

I didn't notice Robben was injured, that more or less contributed to Holland's inability to counterattack. But I still don't understand taking out Kuyt, he wasn't injured or anything as well, was he?
Nope Kuyt was still good to go. Van Basten wanted to put more pressure on the Russian defence. :O Don't ask me where he got the idea that you can do that by replacing Kuyt. I always disliked Hiddink since when he lost with our team when had awesome players at his disposal.

So which club is going to buy Arsjavin? :O
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 02:29   Link #2102
Blaat

lol the Dutch are out, so if you end up first in your group you lose in the quarter-final? (Portugal, Croatia, Holland) That's a bit cruel huh
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 03:34   Link #2103
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Dont jinx the spain ;_;
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 04:51   Link #2104
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
I always disliked Hiddink since when he lost with our team when had awesome players at his disposal.
What was wrong with Hiddink then? I saw how they tore Argentina apart in 1998, and he was simply unlucky that Holland lost in penalties to a lacklustre Brazil that eventually lost pathetically to France. To blame him for that single defeat is just unfair.

Quote:
So which club is going to buy Arshavin? :O
Much as I hate it, most probably Chelski with Abramovich's deep pockets.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 10:47   Link #2105
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Kina: Go Die! You bad omen!

I wouldn't be surprised if the final would be Turkey vs Russia...

2H-Dragon: Surprisingly Liverpool or Arsenal... but Arsenal wouldn't pay the 12 million for him.

In other news, this is why I hate Cristiano Ronaldo
http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=746558
Old 2008-06-22, 11:38   Link #2106
alamarco
Why hello there!

Only a big rumour, but AC Milan is said to be interested.

I hope the Russian's don't turn out be like the Greek's where all the big club go out of their way to purchase the Russian's and ultimately they all return back to Russia after failing abroad. Hopefully the Russian's have better luck.

Forza Italia! I don't want to get my hopes up, but Spain is known to under achieve so here's to Spain collapsing! Cheers!
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 11:40   Link #2107
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun View Post
2H-Dragon: Surprisingly Liverpool or Arsenal... but Arsenal wouldn't pay the 12 million for him.
Do you actually believe those two American swindlers in charge of Liverpool actually have any money for Benitez to spend?

They bought the club using some sort of leveraged buyout, and with the American economy still bogged-down by the Sub-Prime caused recession, they have no money whatsoever to even build a stadium.

Benitez is practically on his own in the transfer market, utilizing what remains of the Champions League prize money as well as selling certain "dead-wood" to generate his own funds. I am not optimistic, so better breath yourselves a sigh of relief that Liverpool is out of the picture before the new season has even begun.
Old 2008-06-22, 12:31   Link #2108
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
What was wrong with Hiddink then? I saw how they tore Argentina apart in 1998, and he was simply unlucky that Holland lost in penalties to a lacklustre Brazil that eventually lost pathetically to France. To blame him for that single defeat is just unfair.
With the players he had at his disposal any coach could get them that far or even further since Hiddink had beef with some of the players. Hiddinks magic doesn't work on dutch players. He's just a life size placebo if you ask me. >_>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun View Post

In other news, this is why I hate Cristiano Ronaldo
http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=746558
Wow from what I've seen the guy is good. I'm sure his price will rise if he displays the same thing against italy/spain.

C.Ronaldo just look at how he plays and nothing else then he's bareble.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 14:44   Link #2109
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
With the players he had at his disposal any coach could get them that far or even further since Hiddink had beef with some of the players. Hiddinks magic doesn't work on dutch players. He's just a life size placebo if you ask me. >_>
That has more to do with the Dutch player's then inflated egos than Hiddink's ability as a coach. He did his best to control team discipline, notably sending Edgar Davids home in Euro 96.

Since then, all his teams has a great team spirit ethos. Just look at Korea and Australia during his time in charge.

Of course, one thing Holland can take solace is that their team spirit is much, much better than before.

BTW, 0-0 between Spain and Italy at half-time, nothing surprising so far.
Old 2008-06-22, 16:15   Link #2110
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
now the penalties decide..

after seeing so many Italians lying around and claiming fake-fouls I cross my fingers for Spain
Old 2008-06-22, 16:23   Link #2111
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

GG Spain. We deserved to lose and to be eliminated. Now I really really hope Donadoni won't coach a team ever again. Most horrible coach EVER.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 16:23   Link #2112
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Nooo Italy And I had money on them
Old 2008-06-22, 16:25   Link #2113
Blaat

No Germany - Italy final.

Shinndou I'm pretty sure Domenech is worse.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 16:31   Link #2114
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Congratulations to Spain on finally reaching the semis of a major tournament since 1984 and finally winning a penalty shootout for once in a very long time, they were the better team in this match.

Now a rematch with Russia, but this time Russia will be much stronger with Arshavin in the squad and much more confident after taking out uber-favourites Netherlands.
Old 2008-06-22, 16:38   Link #2115
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
No Germany - Italy final.

Shinndou I'm pretty sure Domenech is worse.
No, he's not worse. Domenech has an awful attitude, but Donadoni is simply incompetent, and tonight was the best demonstration of it. We had Del Piero and Borriello sitting on the bench (both Serie A top scorers) but instead he chose to keep Toni who's been AWFUL during this whole competition. A coach who fails to understand this does not even deserve to coach a national side, not even a small club. Of course, our players performed horribly as well, but I put the blame mostly on him for not being able to make good use of the players he had available. Which is why Spain deserves to go on more than we do. If we had won this game like this I would feel like we would have robbed it, seriously.

Old 2008-06-22, 16:52   Link #2116
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Domenech and Donadoni are pretty much in the same boat, in term of team management and tactical choices. But attitude-wise, Domenech makes me cringe.

I still has not gotten over Domenech who has the nerves to make his proposal instead of giving explanations regarding the french national football team's failure.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 19:12   Link #2117
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Spain had removed the curse by winning against Italy after 88 years (even if it is decided by the penalties). It must be great for them to achieve that to reach the semifinals. Forget about the opponent, Spain usually stumbles at some point (despite having point advantages in the early stages), but this time they have a chance to win at the end, with many big names out.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 18:45   Link #2118
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

So bad Portugal had been get out this much quickly -_- I was waiting a lot from them since I didn't believe in France victory (and I was right...Please Domenech must be fired, this man is useless -_-) and I was waiting definitely more actions from C. Ronaldo's part, it was a sort of deception -_-

Anyway, I've been really impressed by the match of the Turkey, God, they have some Seed mode ? I can't help but see them in finale without big problem if they are playing all their match as precedents

And Viva Spain ! I'm definitely not an Italy supporter...

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 02:10   Link #2119
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
And Viva Spain ! I'm definitely not an Italy supporter...
Who would've thought! ;D

Atleast I'm a Trezeguet supporter.
Old 2008-06-25, 02:22   Link #2120
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

That is kind of cheating...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer