AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 35 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-06, 10:47   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-11-06, 12:29   Link #2
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Wow that was quite fast

Old 2012-11-06, 14:16   Link #3
Mrs Kiryuu

I am really looking forward to episode six. Hopefully, we will get more development between Yuuta and Rikka. Does anyone knows when the episode airs in Japan?
Old 2012-11-06, 15:00   Link #4
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Kiryuu View Post
I am really looking forward to episode six. Hopefully, we will get more development between Yuuta and Rikka. Does anyone knows when the episode airs in Japan?
It first airs at 24:30 JST on Wednesdays, so 16:30 in Sweden tomorrow.

And with that, here's the summaries/production sketches:
Episode 6's title: The Atonement of the...Innocent (The kanji give the meaning for Clown)
Previews:
Site:
A letter of love has finally reached Makoto Isshiki. No name is attached. When asking Yuuta about it, he has no idea who would send it. Isshiki is the kind of guy who loves girls a lot and he even organized & wrote down the class's cutie poll. Naturally he can't calm down after this huge life disturbance.
And then Isshiki makes a huge mistake. Will he be able to man up and take responsibility as another disturbance is added to his previous upheaval?

BS11:
A letter is delivered to Yuuta's comrade, Isshiki. Inside it is a note filled with love. In the chaos that follows, Isshiki loses his "Index of Revelations".

Production Sketches:

Makoto Isshki: After committing a huge mistake, he's forced to stand in the middle of this debacle.

Class 1-4's Classroom:To own up to his blunder, Makoto Isshiki addresses his classmates.

Makoto Isshiki: After fulfilling his responsibilities, he looks like this!

The "Oriental Magic Napping Society of Summer"'s clubroom: Here, Isshiki admirably (?) fulfills his responsibilities.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-11-12 at 09:21.
Old 2012-11-06, 17:09   Link #5
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Site:
A letter of love has finally reached Makoto Isshiki. No name is attached. When asking Yuuta about it, he has no idea who would send it. Isshiki is the kind of guy who loves girls a lot and he even organized & wrote down the class's cutie poll. Naturally he can't calm down after this huge life disturbance.
And then Isshiki makes a huge mistake. Will he be able to man up and take responsibility as another disturbance is added to his previous upheaval?

BS11:
A letter is delivered to Yuuta's comrade, Isshiki. Inside it is a note filled with love. In the chaos that follows, Isshiki loses his "Index of Revelations".

Production Sketches:
Spoiler for Episode 6 details:
The "love letter" seems too good to be true kind of thing.

I could speculate that Makoto's 'cute chick list' got into the wrong persons hands and is possibly making a trap to embarrass him into owning up to whatever sexist notes he wrote regarding to all the schools cute girls in his secret Index.

There is also that Model sheet where Isshiki seems to had gotten his hair cut really short, possibly as an end result of this episode... Maybe.
Old 2012-11-07, 11:03   Link #6
rulfo

Spoiler for ep 6:

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-11-07 at 11:11. Reason: enclosed the images
Old 2012-11-07, 12:15   Link #7
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I assume the director changed for this episode, but I think some personal touch was a bit too overboard in some cases, especially how the camera panning went a little too wild at times (and I really didn't expect "slapstick comedy faces" there, let alone Yuuta and Shinka doing these).
The real little problem I have with this episode direction was how disjointed the events felt together, especially how Rikka's "serious plot part" was added, a tad too shoehorned if you ask me. That said, the train scene had an excellent mood, labeit a bit random at the first glance.

That said, an amusing episode nevertheless, and I really didn't expect Makoto to have his own episode, let alone joining Rikka's club. So many bro attitude it could only remind me Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou in a good way (along with few Higurashi / Sota no Otoshimono vibes, due to their respective protagonist, conveniently also voiced by Hoshi).
Shinka's gyakugire was priceless in there, given an emphasis with Yuuta's reactions there (I didn't expect him to treat Shinka the same than he does with Rikka and Sanae, definitely good to see a consistent character there).
I was expecting from the very moment the letter was introduced that Rikka "baited" him in order to recruit him in her club, but I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't as predictable as that. Hopefully, the scripters won't forget about this side plot in the future.

I sure hope next episode will be less hectic in term of mood swing though.
Old 2012-11-07, 12:44   Link #8
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I assume the director changed for this episode, but I think some personal touch was a bit too overboard in some cases, Hopefully, the scripters won't forget about this side plot in the future.

I sure hope next episode will be less hectic in term of mood swing though.
The director/storyboarder for this episode was Kigami, the same as episode 2 (only Ishihara wrote the storyboards). The series composer, Junki Hanada, has written all the scripts for the show up until episode 10 (and likely 11/12/13 too), so you shouldn't worry about details being lost. Next week's episode will have Kazuya Sakamoto directing, so it should feel different. He's a KyoAni vet who's worked in many roles.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-11-07, 13:44   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Another wonderful episode, hilarious with a bit of touching. Some of the animation was incredible: the timing of Dekomori hitting the closed door; her legs shaking as the milk bottle entered the room; the watery animation of Isshiki when he was clingingly telling Yuuta about the letter; or the moe-moe drawing/animation of Rikka's legs (and Dekomori's) at several points.

One scene that hit me just for its layout was where Isshiki was lit against the sky on the left, talking to Yuuta who was in some shadow at the lower right. Beautifully done.

This was a comedy episode, but included some important romantic development: Yuuta actually wearing the shirt; both his and Rikka's drawings seen by the class; the hand-holding scene by the railway tracks (he made no move to take his hand away).

And Nibutani just gets better. I loved the scene where she was speaking directly into Isshiki's open mouth. And the scene where Dekomori and she are suddenly fighting at the door. Or when she is comically rolling around the magic circle in embarrassment at hearing words from her Mabinogion. Akasaka Chinatsu is really doing a wonderful job, and seems so assured. I loved the way she did the sudden shift from seriously threatening Isshiki to saying "Yokatta!" and dancing away.

I understand Klashikari's criticisms. He's describing things that are actually there. But those things didn't bother me. The "mood swings," "shoehorned" romance, and "personal touches" all worked for me.

Next week: the beach.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-11-08 at 01:37.
Old 2012-11-07, 15:56   Link #10
tsunade666

This episode feels like a breeze to me. Ishiki's sacrifice was useless though it strengthen the brotherhood in exchange of love life but still in the end he got lucky with Kumin-senpai

Though the good part for me is the in front of the train, holding hands with Rikka. That felt great but this entire episode feels like a filler with foreshadowing of something to come from what the priestess said and she also ask help from Yuuta. Maybe the parents are coming to visit and.... well it looks like Rikka and her parents aren't in good terms.
Old 2012-11-07, 18:28   Link #11
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
This episode feels like a breeze to me. Ishiki's sacrifice was useless though it strengthen the brotherhood in exchange of love life but still in the end he got lucky with Kumin-senpai

Though the good part for me is the in front of the train, holding hands with Rikka. That felt great but this entire episode feels like a filler with foreshadowing of something to come from what the priestess said and she also ask help from Yuuta. Maybe the parents are coming to visit and.... well it looks like Rikka and her parents aren't in good terms.
I agree with your impression. The handholding scene was nice, although I didn't get if it was for a "greater purpose" other than "because she just wanted to do so" Ishiki looked quite goofy with the shaved head and I thought he resembled some other anime character, yet I have absolutely no clue who it could be >_<. It's one of the first shows where the girls of the class made some sort of fuss about those rankings. In most VNs and/or animes those inoffical rankings tend to be somewhat well known and "acknowleged" by both genders :P.
I'm not a huge bromance fan, so I won't comment on those points

Yuuta's reaction at the end felt quite exaggerated. The inital surprise when Rikka's nee-san suddenly appeared was normal, but the whole "shaking" afterwards felt needless and somewhat stupid even as a comedy element for me(!).
What else to comment on? It was a nice gesture from Yuuta to still put the t-shirt under his normal school uniform.
Old 2012-11-07, 19:09   Link #12
webkid94
*Author

So today's episode showcases the Houtarou look a like (seriously, no one thinks Isshiki looks JUST like Houtarou?? Sure personality wise it's Yuuta who has Houtarou's I'm a male MC and I'm boring" personality).

Freakin' love Dekomori. All my DESU (feels)~ Her and Shinka are fun to watch!
Old 2012-11-07, 19:22   Link #13
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by webkid94 View Post
seriously, no one thinks Isshiki looks JUST like Houtarou??
No... especially not after this episode.
Old 2012-11-07, 19:36   Link #14
webkid94
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
No... especially not after this episode.
Well obviously the shave head makes a difference...
Old 2012-11-07, 20:18   Link #15
HandofFate

Didn't expect Isshiki to gain "main supporting cast status"

Glad Nibutani isn't immune to physical discipline by Yuuta.
Also, the background characters were really well-animated this episode.

While Isshiki and Yuuta were talking, couldn't help noticing the couple walking by in the background and the girl that suddenly got scared off by Isshiki. Also I agree the scene where Dekomori and Nibutani just automatically fight eachother when they catch sight of eachother was great. Its like a Tom & Jerry relationship with them now.

Last scene was interesting. Tsuyuri has a thing for bald guys maybe?
Old 2012-11-07, 20:25   Link #16
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Watching Nibutani rolling around the magic circle as Dekomori quoted a passage from Mabinogion's Rainbow Manuscript was so funny, I had to replay it again, and again, and again. Isshiki jumping over her as she passed by was like icing on the cake. At least for me, this was the funniest laugh-out-loud bit in the whole series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
(I didn't expect him to treat Shinka the same than he does with Rikka and Sanae, definitely good to see a consistent character there).
Frankly, I was quite surprised at this, and it's good to see it's a consistent trait, though I still don't find these actions of his funny. Makes me wonder if he were to discover that Touka was also a sufferer, would he treat her the same way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This was a comedy episode, but included some important romantic development: Yuuta actually wearing the shirt; both his and Rikka's drawings seen by the class; the hand-holding scene by the railway tracks (he made no move to take his hand away).
I wonder if Yuuta wearing the shirt was was motivated by unacknowledged feelings towards Rikka, or if it was more of a case (like Nibutani) where the latent Chuunibyou demon takes over. As we have witnessed by actions from both Yuuta and Nibutani, neither are completely cured of the syndrome. Yuuta seems to have it more under control, and only occasionally reverts to type, whereas it doesn't take much prodding, mostly by Dekomori (and she's so very good at it), to set Nibutani off. How many people has she now threatened to put a curse on? Anyhow, it could be that he just couldn't resist putting it on, and for no other reason than he just couldn't resist putting it on.

The hand-holding scene was quite nice, and Yuuta does seem to be slowing re-adjusting his attitude toward Rikka. Perhaps he's beginning to realize that what shows on the surface of one's personality isn't nearly as important as what the "real" person is like. Case in point is Nibutani, who he was painfully crushing over until her "real self" was revealed. Whereas that beautiful, sweet, wonderful girl turns into a vicious lunatic when the facade drops, the lunatic girl is actually sweet and loving.
Old 2012-11-07, 21:43   Link #17
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't suppose anyone told Isshiki that it really doesn't take that long to grow your hair back to socially acceptable standard
Old 2012-11-07, 21:49   Link #18
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gif

Images
Rolling
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Kumin
Images
Fight
Images
Yaoi

Old 2012-11-07, 21:49   Link #19
Serphirs

God, it's so hard for me to be 100% objetive when I see a masterfully animated chapter like this. Chiyoko Ueno was the same AD in the Nichijou's reindeer chapter. And I really was expecting some crazy animated moments, but if I had to praise something, by far and over the vivid animation, is the screenplay/storyboard for more than 90% of the chapter that was absolutely magnific. (In train scene for example)
I've always liked how Kyoani disposes "camera" moves, angles, and its contrast with background lights, so when they capitalize their strengths so good in chapters like this, for me it's just pleasure to my eyes.

It has details that could have been better done?, of course it had. But, c'mon nowadays the vast majority of series it has "more" than a couple of details to improve. And for the same reason, I don't even care about some "minor" things here and there, if "it's evident" all the effort, love, and passion they put in the overall rest of the chapter.

For me, perfect (again yes). At least, in visual topics, and generally that's about 80-90% of my criteria to rate a anime. It's just that, in this moment I can't find a better way to imagine what was presented today. "In visual aspects" of course. The rest for me it is relative, and don't affect to a large degree the overall feel of "enjoyment" that I've got watching this.

Clap, clap. I ask nothing more, really. Just keep it up!
Old 2012-11-07, 21:58   Link #20
Midonin
Last Engage

Chu2Koi 06 - Kyoto Delusion Animation

I was way more interested in the B plot than the A plot. Not so much a plot as a scene. The first two(-ish) scenes. Yuuta's a good artist, and Rikka's just as good. I figured this out when she was sketching the clown with the dice last time. She could channel her delusion power in a good direction if she figures it out. Sanae's sliding drop kick on Shinka was also hilarious. In and out in a flash! But my favorite part of the episode was shortly after.

Rikka making shirts for every member, and specialized roll calls to make them into a sort of dark Sentai team... all the props for her. All of the props. Come hell or high water, I want to see Yuuta and Shinka in those shirts doing their roll call. In the version of the show in my head it's in front of a cheering crowd, but even on the Christmas light magic circle will do. I just want to see it. And maybe make one of those shirts for the next convention I attend, assuming that Cospa or someone doesn't start selling them officially, thus making it the second anime (and KyoAni) based clothing I purchase since my official HTT T-shirt after that fateful concert...

Okay, the love letter thing. It sort of relates to the light music club, so it's a passable segue. The dramatic speech in front of the class was well-animated, and the glowy effects on the cut were funny too. It also showed just how strict Shinka can be in her public persona as well as her private one. Like the rest of the show, it was well done.

I just like the Oriential Sentai Magickranger stuff a lot, lot more.
Closed Thread