AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 35 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-07, 22:14   Link #21
rulfo

After watching this episode the second time, it's still god damn hilarious. That hair cutting scene made one hell of laugh trip.

IIRC Ueno is Kigami's apprentice. Ueno really did a good job with the animation and this time the style is what you'd see from Kigami's old works.

Regarding the build up, I'm really itching to know where Rikka's story is going. That train scene was so eerily beautiful. I know it's just me and my twisted thoughts but I can't help but think of something very tragic. I know that's not gonna happen here considering how light the show is. But if it does.. Well I'll be damned....
Old 2012-11-07, 22:26   Link #22
Warm Mist

Dem shadow effects at the train scene. Also, there have been a lot of slow mo cuts in recent Kyoani productions, seems like they're getting fond of that.

More than the actual episode (which I enjoyed greatly, Dekomori x Nibutani antics are getting better and better), I am left with a lot of anticipation for the next episode thanks to that cliffhanger.
Old 2012-11-07, 23:03   Link #23
NutShell

Nibutani look very scary in the class meeting

Can't wait for next week . . .

A. Yuuta will go to see his Dad in Jkt
B. Yuuta will go with Rikka to ??

or both of the O_o
Old 2012-11-07, 23:20   Link #24
ellessarr
Banned

really a master piece, perfect this episode...

i'm the only who see maybe the girl who was made the love letter really can be nibutani, if u take a close look the her face when talk to him near end and her answer to him "WHAT COLD YOU DO EVEN IF I DID IT"(too much suspect if translate is right) while talking with ishiki is somethingh like if not was her maybe she know who was, another clue was wen kumin appear and showed interesting in ishiki and him brushed to kumin she get "embarassed"(maybe few jealous).

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-11-08 at 00:12.
Old 2012-11-07, 23:52   Link #25
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Images
Rolling
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Kumin
Images
Fight
Images
Yaoi
for the fight gif.
not sure if you know how to make those slightly more advanced type of gifs. forgot what they called.

where only a certain part of it animates, leaving the rest as standstills. I think it flow better if it was just nibutani and dekomori fighting, and Yuuta and Rikka didn't have the kind of random frame movements that kind of distract from it.

other than that. <3 the first two gif.
Old 2012-11-08, 00:08   Link #26
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
I don't see what's wrong with having a shaved head, but that depends whether it will suit you or not.
I have bald headed friends and they're pretty cool. They're pretty good with the girls too

TsuyuriXIsshiki at the end? I REFUSE

anyway, more of the serious stuff. The timings are perfect
the mood was set perfectly as well
how do they do it with the comedy and all

Old 2012-11-08, 00:11   Link #27
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
really a master piece, perfect this episode...

i'm the only who see maybe the girl who was made the love letter really can be nibutani,if u take a close look the her face when talk to him near end and her answer to him "WHAT COLD YOU DO EVEN IF I DID IT"(too much suspect if translate is right) while talking with ishiki is somethingh like if not was her maybe she know who was, another clue was wen kumin appear and showed interesting in ishiki and him brushed to kumin she get "embarassed"(maybe few jealous).
Come on, Nibutani was laughing her ass off when she saw ishiki's shaved head. There was no way that letter was hers.

This episode showed us another reason why Yuuta badly wanted to quit being a chuuni. He was ridiculed and tricked a lot because of it.

He said something about a boy pretending to be a girl and sending a love letter to him or a boy-girl teaming up on him.

Maybe he got over Nibutani so quickly because she did the same thing to him in order to get Mabinogion.
Old 2012-11-08, 00:17   Link #28
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

What can I say? I love Nibutani.

She's perfect in every sense, I love girls with an attitude.

Arty

EDIT: I can kind of relate with Yuuta being overly cautious with the love letter... I had something like that happen to me. Once it happens you won't stop looking behind your back with these things

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-08, 00:40   Link #29
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
EDIT: I can kind of relate with Yuuta being overly cautious with the love letter... I had something like that happen to me. Once it happens you won't stop looking behind your back with these things
I kinda had the same sentiment about love letters - though I sure can't remember if I had such a thing as a chuunibyou back then. I played along for the hell of it and also to casually turn the table on them, because at that time I've known better - or maybe I overdid it

Anyway, for the episode, for some reason I felt it was really satisfying to see Yuuta giving Shinka a knock on the head. I don't know, maybe it's part of me wanting to see main characters be the straight man even if the one he's giving a knock is an implied love interest and someone the MC would rather not say anything even if he knows she is doing things that irk him.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-11-08, 00:51   Link #30
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I don't see what's wrong with having a shaved head, but that depends whether it will suit you or not.
I have bald headed friends and they're pretty cool. They're pretty good with the girls too

anyway, more of the serious stuff. The timings are perfect
the mood was set perfectly as well
how do they do it with the comedy and all
I dunno but for some people like me there will come a time where you'd want to try out a different length with your hair. And by that I mean growing a long hair. I've spent all my life with a short hair cut and when I look at my father having a bald spot, I can't help but just want to do something off it while I can. In my case I did grow my hair to about a considerably long length but didn't know what to do with it. So I went back to my usual style.

In Ishiki's case I can just say that it's kinda too early. Then again when you graduate college and stuff in the corporate world most people would demand you to look professional.

Also I think Tsuyuri and Ishiki kinda make a good couple.

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-11-08 at 03:22.
Old 2012-11-08, 00:55   Link #31
EroKing

*Dekomori appears out of nowhere*

*Dekomori takes out Nibutani with a sliding tackle*

That scene and anything involving Dekomori made the episode for me
Old 2012-11-08, 01:08   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Anyway, for the episode, for some reason I felt it was really satisfying to see Yuuta giving Shinka a knock on the head. I don't know, maybe it's part of me wanting to see main characters be the straight man even if the one he's giving a knock is an implied love interest and someone the MC would rather not say anything even if he knows she is doing things that irk him.

I think it's because in the beginning, it felt like Shinka had 'power' over Yuuta- what with his crush on her as well as the overwhelming shock of her true nature, and she has a certain intimidating aura that the other girls don't have, making her seem less likely to be tsukkomi'd by him.

So it's a relief to see that Yuuta isn't backing out despite all of the above. Otherwise it would just make him a bully

Funny how something so simple can evoke so many feelings Another good thing is we get to see Yuuta with both girls in his arms (the scene where they were laughing a second time)
Old 2012-11-08, 01:28   Link #33
supermegasonic

as always, i enjoy every episode this show brings.
Old 2012-11-08, 01:36   Link #34
Divini
Senpai!

Nibutani/Dekomori on screen together is just pure gold.

Really pumped for next week. Surely, Yuuta would choose to go on a summer trip with two cute girls...?
Old 2012-11-08, 01:41   Link #35
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
another clue was wen kumin appear and showed interesting in ishiki and him brushed to kumin she get "embarassed"(maybe few jealous).
No you are reading it completely wrong that is not embarrassment nor jealousy, Shinka is actually showing her disgust at how Ishiki the moment before was still completely lovey-dovy over his secret admirer but as soon as Kumin appears and showed some interest in him he goes completely over to Kumin.

Also while Shinka was funny, she wouldn't be able to be funny if she didn't bounce off Deko-chan and Ishiki this episode. Can't clap with one hand you know.
Old 2012-11-08, 02:13   Link #36
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post

Ugh... that reminds me of when I shaved the sides of my head and left the top long like a rocker would.. Ahhh! The memories that I've tucked away and forgotten, I don't want them back!

I wouldn't mind a Tsuyuri x Isshiki pairing, it's not like she's going to do anything else besides sleep and mimic chuunibyou's when she's awake.
Old 2012-11-08, 04:01   Link #37
Mubyoshi

Ah, another great episode. Glad Yuuta doesn't hold back when it comes time to lay down the law hahah. By the way, every episode that passes by I can see that Yasuna is slowing making her way to the surface in Nibutani.
Old 2012-11-08, 04:16   Link #38
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I guess real women will laugh at how naive he is, and he lose some point for initially decided not to kept his word. Still, I'll give Ishiki a great bro character status. *held out bro fist*

I laughed so hard this episode. I mean they pulled all their usual skill in making dramatic scenes and apply it to intentionally exagerated situations. The result are these ridiculous scenes which are clearly jokes but have great drama feel to them. I know my explanation does not make sense but really, they are just comedy golds. Also, I can only agree that Nibutani and Dekomori are a great comedy pair. I'm really curious now about what novel's Nibutani is like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serphirs View Post
God, it's so hard for me to be 100% objetive when I see a masterfully animated chapter like this. Chiyoko Ueno was the same AD in the Nichijou's reindeer chapter. And I really was expecting some crazy animated moments, but if I had to praise something, by far and over the vivid animation, is the screenplay/storyboard for more than 90% of the chapter that was absolutely magnific. (In train scene for example)
I've always liked how Kyoani disposes "camera" moves, angles, and its contrast with background lights, so when they capitalize their strengths so good in chapters like this, for me it's just pleasure to my eyes.
Not sure why but I really like the holding hand scene. I think it was Rikka playing around as usual, at least consciously. It reminded me of what ultimatemegax brought up last time about how chuu2koi portray a realistic scene in a fantastic (as in imaginary/whimsical) way. There is absolutely nothing strange or special in that situation, yet it does has this huge dramatic feel to it without any need for words. (Real one, not as a joke like what I talk about last paragraph.) I guess it is something I always appreciate from a good anime. It use the advantage of the medium to empower the storytelling instead of just "animate" the scene.

And of course, can't wait to see what will happen next episode.

Last edited by Hyper; 2012-11-08 at 04:24. Reason: Add quote by Serphirs since I think it's appropriated.
Old 2012-11-08, 04:20   Link #39
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Probably the most uninteresting episode so far. Not that I hated it, but... I dunno, it just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. Didn't laugh at all this week.
Old 2012-11-08, 05:23   Link #40
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Well, seeing that most of the comedy was Nibutani/Dekomori combi, no wonder that I didn't find it in any way funny. I'm on the vast minority, but I simply do not like Dekomori. She's for my taste too bratty and annoying and being the smartest in her grade(?) doesn't help either. But, of course should there be an episode where she behaves more normal, helpful or generally more "positively" I'll acknowledge it without hesitation just like the proverb "credits where credits are due" .

Strangely, I don't watch the show for the humor due to my somewhat lack of it, but still find it worth my time. For this episode, the hand-holding scene was more or less all I needed despite my rather indifferent feeling at the end about the episode itself.