AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 23:30   Link #1901
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
I see. No wonder in the Japanese fanfics they like to pair Chrono with the Aces. I remember reading one which is like Material Days, but it is even more light-hearted with no serious plot. The main character is Chrono, where Stern and Levi work as his right and left hand girls and Diarche stays in the kitchen, grumbling about it yet loving what she does at the same time.

Wonder why it seems only females have such powerful magic and linker core though.
I think Chrono gets paired with Nanoha less for that reason and more for it being the original pairing from Toraha.

And females aren't the only one with powerful magic and linker cores--just look at Zest. He was an Over S-rank before his death at Cinque's hands.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:31   Link #1902
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
*shrugs* Well, in my case given I'm gay, it's more a matter of seeing something more relevant to me. I know it won't happen, obviously. Or anything vaguely like it, unless Chrono gets cloned and becomes female somehow due to an error in the cloning process (which would be missing the point entirely for me, on a number of levels, but won't happen anyways, so no worries).
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 23:36   Link #1903
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Zest is in fact a very powerfull and impressive male knight but he form part of the minority xDU. He and presumably Scaglietty are the only male S-rankers of the show so far.

Of course, Force is doing wonders to solve that situation. Probably the EC Drivers will need their own rank system but so far Deville and tohma are pretty darn powerfull while Veyron is a bonafide badass. Also Mr. Vandin seems to be a pretty competent man of bussiness and the Raptors are all male-looking.

Apparently Tsuzuki finally noted the lack of testosterone in the cast xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 23:39   Link #1904
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
*shrugs* Well, in my case given I'm gay, it's more a matter of seeing something more relevant to me. I know it won't happen, obviously. Or anything vaguely like it, unless Chrono gets cloned and becomes female somehow due to an error in the cloning process (which would be missing the point entirely for me, on a number of levels, but won't happen anyways, so no worries).
You can find enough Chrono/Yuuno out there. Heck, even I've written some fics with that pairing.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:44   Link #1905
Mirron

Oh, I know. Meant I was just explaining why I like it. And I don't think Scaglietti is S-rank. He's smart, but pretty sure he lacks any real magic power. But yeah, Zest is a good example of a powerful male, as is presumably Graham for a pretty strong one.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:51   Link #1906
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I feel that we're kinda tracking off a little bit here... I thought this was a GoD thread.

You're all wrong. It's obvious that Chrono has a man-crush on Verossa, Amy realised that her Reverse Hikaru Genji Plan is in dire states, spiked Chrono's drink (and her own Twins Assurance Potion) leading to the shotgun wedding, thus anguishing Verossa to decide to lean his preferences towards Yuuno. That's the reason Chrono's so tsun-tsun on Yuuno, but Chrono can't kill him because shit happens if Yuuno dies. Plus Verossa won't make cake for Chrono anymore if he does that.

Now I'm just waiting for Sister Schach to realise her Hikaru Genji plan is exceeding expire date and it is her turn to borrow the potions from Amy to spike Verossa's Christmas Cake.

Where's Verossa anyway? I mean... he's been like... literally useless to the franchise, even from a 'off-screen character relevance' status.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 23:55   Link #1907
Mirron

It is odd... how much of a role they gave him, only to just pretty much have him vanish. I mean, he at least had somewhat noticeable of a role, enough that I remember him, but he hasn't even been mentioned. What with Vivid dealing with ancient Belka stuff, you'd think it'd come up.
Old 2012-01-13, 00:04   Link #1908
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Probably continued goofing off.....
Old 2012-01-13, 00:12   Link #1909
rxrx

Isn't he the vice-captain of whatever ship Chrono is now the captain of?
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 00:49   Link #1910
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
No, Verossa is an Inspector and works for a different branch.
Old 2012-01-13, 00:56   Link #1911
rxrx

I see thanks. I guess he is just goofing off then.
Old 2012-01-13, 01:18   Link #1912
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
To quote, or at least use the same term/phrase as, Sunder: "Pink Bishoujo Ghetto".
There's a cousin trope to that one, now. PBG refers to a cast that just happens to be primarily female, but the new one refers to a situation in which this selection bias is especially bizarre.

For example, before StrikerS, it was a PBG. As of StrikerS, it seems like the world honestly doesn't have many strong male mages, or almost all of them dodge the draft.

Quote:
Of course, when these games are involved, I tend to go with YuunoxMaterial-S/Stern/"Seikou"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I'd like that pairing
I wouldn't mind it, though I'd want them to have at least as many bonding moments as Yuuno and Nanoha first.

And yeah, Verossa is useless.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 01:32   Link #1913
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
So Stern pretends to be Nanoha, grows a bit of hair and dyes it?
Old 2012-01-13, 01:32   Link #1914
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
And yeah, Verossa is useless.
Verossa is far from useless. He may be isn't as flashy or strong as other characters but his hellish dogs are pretty usefull and also he can force mind reading on people which is an extremely valuable ability.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 01:36   Link #1915
rxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
So Stern pretends to be Nanoha, grows a bit of hair and dyes it?
No, I don't see Stern doing that. One thing, she is proud of herself and who she is. She acknowledge Nanoha as her original and respect her fighting abilities, but she doesn't want to be Nanoha.
Old 2012-01-13, 01:43   Link #1916
Justin_Brett

I think he means they could have made that ability a non-unique one, given it to say, Chrono, and not had him be a character at all.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 01:43   Link #1917
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Verossa is far from useless. He may be isn't as flashy or strong as other characters but his hellish dogs are pretty usefull and also he can force mind reading on people which is an extremely valuable ability.
He means, as a character..

He's like one of those guest appearances in fighting games.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 01:48   Link #1918
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I think he means they could have made that ability a non-unique one, given it to say, Chrono, and not had him be a character at all.
Or make him a woman like the rest.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 01:49   Link #1919
Justin_Brett

A waste with boobs is still a waste.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 03:37   Link #1920
Mirron

*nods* Actually, seems like a good ability for Yuuno, since it seems like something he could have developed through his library related stuff. Mostly just seems like he could have been a character that... well, was already in existence. Or if they had to make him, do more with him. I mean, at least... I can't remember her name, but the nun still appeared in Vivid, and I think Verousa's sister appeared too, albeit briefly. Just seems... wasteful. Of course, so was the sniper, and... well, guess I just feel they introduced a bit too many extraneous characters.