AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-23, 23:08   Link #421
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriliane View Post
I'm kind of disappointed that so many of you are jumping to the conclusion that Kitoh is stealing elements from the anime just because it came out first. Need I remind you that Kitoh explained the details of what was going to happen to Morita and Morita's distaste for certain elements (like perhaps Kana being contracted) led to the divergence of the anime. Numerous things like Machi's brother have been hinted at since long ago. Everything I've seen so far from the series leads me to believe that Kitoh either has had all or most of the story planned out from the beggining. Just because the anime came out and used some elements before they appeared in the manga doesn't mean that Kitoh's started stealing other people's ideas.

Also, the Tanaka-Ushiro relationship while unlikely isn't exactly an uncommon plot device ("Luke I am your father." anybody?).
Who said Kitoh stole other people's ideas? It very well could be that the editors pressured him to stay similar to the anime for consistency.

In either case, whether these were Kitoh's ideas to begin with or not, they are still pretty bad. They were bad in the anime, so of course they are going to feel bad in the manga, especially when us readers were expecting something different and better.

I think the fact that this downhill path started far earlier in the anime while it was thrown at us at the last minute in the manga (we had absolutely no idea or hint that the manga would even imitate the anime's 2nd half until chapter 47-2) leads more credence to Kitoh being forced to adapt rather than sticking to an original game plan. It seems to me that even if Morita wanted to change things, he would have stuck closer to the manga in the 2nd half instead of blatantly reveal all of the endgame plot twists early on since the 1st half was very close to the manga.
Old 2008-01-29, 11:58   Link #422
Narutaru4ever

I dont care hows it comes out, as long as it dont end like the anime did..
Old 2008-01-30, 20:01   Link #423
Selo
Lost Cause

I've never seen any of the anime and I still haven't gotten to the end of Chizu's arc in the manga, so I'm not going to worry about the manga's turnout/ending now.

Can anyone explain to me why the anime ending was so bad without being too spoilery? I've never gotten any indication of why people didn't like it, but I also haven't seen it for myself.
Old 2008-01-31, 17:39   Link #424
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

IN SHORT:

Spoiler for spoilers, just in case:

Good?

Last edited by kuruzen; 2008-01-31 at 17:41. Reason: Because I'm technologically impaired.
Old 2008-02-02, 04:05   Link #425
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
I think the fact that this downhill path started far earlier in the anime while it was thrown at us at the last minute in the manga (we had absolutely no idea or hint that the manga would even imitate the anime's 2nd half until chapter 47-2) leads more credence to Kitoh being forced to adapt rather than sticking to an original game plan.
I suppose it's possible, but it seems a little far fetched. I mean it's not exactly uncommon for manga/anime versions of the same product to largely do their own thing, particularly in cases where an anime adaptation was started halfway through a manga's run. Are you sure you're not just grasping at straws because you don't like a particular plot twist.

Anyway I can't really comment on the full ramifications until I read an english version but from what you guys have said it does sound like the anime team was given a very brief run-through of how the manga would develop and then did their own thing with the information at hand rather than some editorial conspiracy to re-write the manga for... no apparrent reason.

Spoiler for Plot twists:
Old 2008-02-18, 13:01   Link #426
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

It's sort of strange that we've gotten no new anything... and it's almost time for the next IKKI to be out.
Wait, this could be bad.
...really bad.

Was there a new chapter, or not? It's been sort of bothering me...but I guess we'll see.
Old 2008-02-19, 06:15   Link #427
Iriliane

Kana's third chapter is out (in Japanese only of course) and it covers up until the begining of her battle.
Old 2008-02-19, 19:45   Link #428
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

So then I guess there weren't any "OMG!!!" moments or twists of any kind? It'll be nice when this one and the next one will be translated (or even if I see it in Japanese -- I get ~10% of what's happening, soooo... ). Thanks, though.

(taps fingers against table in wait for next chapter) ... So, DISCUSSION TIEM. Any speculations on how it will end from here, guys?

EDIT: translation for ch. 50 is up. Woot?

http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen.../bokurano.html

Last edited by kuruzen; 2008-02-24 at 20:02.
Old 2008-02-25, 20:40   Link #429
Diedrupo

Well, the last page has a pretty interesting "wtf are they going to do with that?" moment. Not really a twist per se.

If you've only read the translation and not seen the actual page, it's
Spoiler:

Despite the retardness of using the anime plotlines, the actual battle has quite a bit of potential to be as interesting as the last two. I guess this is where Kitoh is really shining right now.

Also, my speculation on where the manga is heading:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-29, 21:07   Link #430
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

So, everyone! Uh... happy leap year day!

Just thought I'd tell you. Much love and hope you make it to the next one.
Old 2008-02-29, 23:05   Link #431
ellifeedn
Thinker

Did they ever explain how a world gets destroyed?
Old 2008-03-02, 03:02   Link #432
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Anime: yes. And damn well.

Manga: no.
Old 2008-03-04, 15:35   Link #433
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruzen View Post
Anime: yes. And damn well.

Manga: no.
How does a world get destroyed?
Old 2008-03-04, 17:26   Link #434
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

Spoiler for LOLworldendsLOL:

Answer your question?
Old 2008-03-04, 20:52   Link #435
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruzen View Post
Spoiler for LOLworldendsLOL:

Answer your question?
I hope the manga has a better way of doing it, and by "better" I mean involving hardcore stuff that Kitoh is famous for.
Old 2008-03-05, 21:04   Link #436
Bijoux
Alien Symbiote: Borg

This is a little off topic, but has anybody heard about Bokurano being liscensed? I'v seen thoughts about Funimation picking it up, but no forums I'v checked seem to have a yes or no answer as to whether this is true. Thoughts? I personally think it world be cool to see the show liscensed this soon. I was expecting to have to wait a few years for a dub.
Old 2008-03-05, 22:48   Link #437
Narutaru4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoux View Post
This is a little off topic, but has anybody heard about Bokurano being liscensed? I'v seen thoughts about Funimation picking it up, but no forums I'v checked seem to have a yes or no answer as to whether this is true. Thoughts? I personally think it world be cool to see the show liscensed this soon. I was expecting to have to wait a few years for a dub.
Yes it is true, because about a couple of months ago, they use to show them at crunchyroll.com but after the 21st episode we couldnt watch it no more because it was liscened to....funimation. I'm just praying they dont mess this anime up with horrible voice overs but knowing me......I might still buy the dvd
Old 2008-03-06, 12:50   Link #438
Iriliane

There's been no formal announcement and a cease and desist letter from Funimation isn't an absolute guarantee of a license anymore. FUNi has a strong relationship with Gonzo and have sent out C&Ds for series they haven't licensed on their behalf in past. Though given that Bokurano is a Gonzo tittle the odds of FUNi licensing it are good but there's no guarantees yet.
Old 2008-03-06, 17:53   Link #439
kuruzen
Anti-Philosopher

...oh boy. So much fun. Burst of activity, "OMG OMG."

I'll learn to like the anime.... I will learn to like it. I just... the ending... :/
Old 2008-03-06, 22:01   Link #440
Iriliane

Here's something mildly interesting from the Bokurano Official Book. An image showing which light belongs to each child.
Spoiler for Image:

And here's an image featuring all of the pilots marks from the anime. Sorry for the low quality of the scan but I've no intention of unbinding my book to get a better one. (Hopefully some Japanese fan will though 'cause I want high quality scans of the art at the beggining)
Spoiler for Image:

For those of you who don't read Katakana

チズのコ - Chizu's Baby
チズ- Chizu
モジ - Moji
コダマ - Kodama
キリエ - Kirie
アンコ - Anko
コモ - Komo
マキ - Maki
カンジ - Kanji
ナカマ - Nakama