Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-18, 11:40   Link #1
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Episode 97 Discussion [Anime]

Welcome to the episode discussion thread about this week's upcoming episode which I or Dranz will try to post this thread every Wednesday, since it’s the day the episode airs in Japan. Before I say the rules I just want to say that, according to the new Naruto forum spoiler rules, Manga spoilers, even inside spoiler tags, are now forbidden in the episode discussion thread; so there’s no need to worry about being spoiled about events of the story that take place beyond this episode.

Now for the people who don't know about some of the spoiler tag rules, this thread is marked as “Anime” in the title, so you don’t have to use spoiler tags. However, there are some exceptions.

You MUST use spoiler tags when dealing with the episode until an actual credible sub appears. Also, manga spoilers are forbidden even inside spoiler tags, so do not post them in any circumstances. Spoilers outside spoiler tags, or any kind of manga spoilers even inside spoiler tags will result in the deletion of the post. Also, anyone who insists on spoiler and does not follow these rules will be banned. And there will be no exceptions.

Anyway this is what you should discuss in this thread:
  1. Expectations of the episode if not aired or if you haven't seen it yet.
  2. Announcements of which fansub groups have released the episode regardless if it is a RAW or Subbed.
  3. Your comments on the episode if you have seen it both RAW and Subbed.

Just to make it clear there is to be no making new topics about the above things I have just showed you. I will close them down because I made this thread so all the posts regarding this topic will be in one place.

Furthermore, I'd like to ask people to let me, and only me, do the Episode Discussion threads every week. Why?, you may ask. Mainly, to avoid confusions and 10+ threads of eager people doing the episode threads. So, please, don’t make episode discussion threads without my or Dranz' permission.

So there you have it, just to summarize and add new tidbits of rules:

There is to be no flaming each other, no posting links that allow others to download the licensed Manga, no spoilers for future events of the Manga that take place beyond this episode, no annoying questions asking for seeds, ZERO unnecessary spoilers, and try to keep it on topic.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 11:43   Link #2
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

We hope to see more of Shizune and Tsunade's gag faces. After all, this epi is a filler one.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 12:23   Link #3
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Hmmmm, let me get this straight, so no one actually knows whats going to happen anymore?

No more spoilers for a while? XD

If so then thats the best news Ive heard all day.

Anyway I hope to see some more Jiraiya and Naruto training, since he never actually mastered rasengen.....Did he?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 12:48   Link #4
treetrall-sama

Send a message via ICQ to treetrall-sama Send a message via MSN to treetrall-sama
I recall this story wasnt in the manga ?. Anyway, the episode sucked.
treetrall-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 12:53   Link #5
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

I assume this ep is not in the manga and supposesely all filler. I don't think there will be training, just a bit of fun before the Naruto movie. And Naruto hasn't really mastered the Rasengan, per se, he doesn't know how to do it with one hand and needs three (with help of a clone) to use it, but that doesn't mean he can't use it. It's just how you interpret things.
Technovia_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 12:53   Link #6
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetrall-sama
I recall this story wasnt in the manga ?. Anyway, the episode sucked.

Did you saw the new episode? I hope this is the part were the filler arc takes over, so it can't damage the current chapters, which is the best arc so far.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 14:01   Link #7
BlackDove
Unheard

This is filler.

Manga cuts straight to the action.
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 14:15   Link #8
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDove
This is filler.

Manga cuts straight to the action.
Ive heard its going to be filler for quite some time, could even be a whole new arc.

So Its gonna be new stuff all round, isen't this a good thing?

Or do you manga readers only want to see stuff you already know, so you can compare and bitch about It for like another 10 pages?
Old 2004-08-18, 14:29   Link #9
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

It's a good thing when it's interesting or funny.
Which sadly isn't the case, this episode was just plain boring.

Remember the scene with Ebisu pursueing the clones of Naruto?
Well it's the basically the same but with Shizune this time.

The only interesting thing in the whole episode was the new preview of the movie with a badass scene of Kakashi destroying a huge wolf of snow with the Chidori.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 14:29   Link #10
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Ive heard its going to be filler for quite some time, could even be a whole new arc.

So Its gonna be new stuff all round, isen't this a good thing?

Or do you manga readers only want to see stuff you already know, so you can compare and bitch about It for like another 10 pages?
Actually Im glad its filler, the animes getting too close to the manga, and what happens when they pass it!? There was no manga chapter last week, so a filler episode is a good break, so they wont catch up to the manga.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 14:34   Link #11
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
Actually Im glad its filler, the animes getting too close to the manga, and what happens when they pass it!? There was no manga chapter last week, so a filler episode is a good break, so they wont catch up to the manga.
What Im trying to say Is.... I don't think Its only one episode or even a couple of episodes, I think Its gonna be more like 10-15 episodes.

But Im not certain, so don't quote me on that.

Ive also heard along the grape vine, that they're gonna introduce a new charecter, and by "new" I mean this guy/girl Is not even In the manga.

So If this does happen, I ask again Is this a good thing? (Personally I don't think it is)

Cause Naruto must be getting closer and closer to become licensed, and I would rather It just carry on following the original plot of the manga before that dreaded day comes.
Old 2004-08-18, 14:36   Link #12
NL|MegaMika

Quote:
A filler wouldn't be a problem, but the crap shown in episode 97 doesn't make any sense at all. The things that happen are supposed to be funny but are not. Crap all the way, please skip this...
NL|MegaMika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 14:38   Link #13
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

If at least there was a scene with Tsunade and Shizune using the bath ^^

... But no only Jiraiya and Naruto hmpf!
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 14:39   Link #14
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL|MegaMika
A filler wouldn't be a problem, but the crap shown in episode 97 doesn't make any sense at all. The things that happen are supposed to be funny but are not. Crap all the way, please skip this...
Was it actually this bad? If thats the case I'm not dling it at all, I'll consider it as "The anime took a break for a week to correspond with Kishimotos, and never made an episode for today" :P lol
Old 2004-08-18, 14:42   Link #15
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Was it actually this bad? If thats the case I'm not dling it at all, I'll consider it as "The anime took a break for a week to correspond with Kishimotos, and never made an episode for today" :P lol
Don't let ppl sway you so easy! Just d/l It and make your own mind up.

I never listen to negative comments like that.
Old 2004-08-18, 14:46   Link #16
eLstar
(^_^)v

Well good for me and those scared of spoilers. Hooray for fillers!
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 14:47   Link #17
Zek
Eyebrows...

There is actually a very good possibility that this is the only filler episode. Someone listed the names of the next couple of episodes a little while ago, and Episode 98's title fit perfectly with the next 2 manga chapters. Can anyone who's seen the episode preview confirm/deny? The anime can easily finish up the current manga arc before they're even close to catching up, so there isn't a need yet for a whole filler arc. I don't think we've had any concrete information on the planned filler for a long time, so who knows what's happening with that.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 14:56   Link #18
dnmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technovia_EX
I assume this ep is not in the manga and supposesely all filler. I don't think there will be training, just a bit of fun before the Naruto movie. And Naruto hasn't really mastered the Rasengan, per se, he doesn't know how to do it with one hand and needs three (with help of a clone) to use it, but that doesn't mean he can't use it. It's just how you interpret things.
Tsunade clearly said that Naruto mastered it when he used it against Kabuto. Just because he has to use more than one hand doesn't mean the Rasengan itself isn't as powerful. Oh, and he does it with two hands, not three.
dnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 15:02   Link #19
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
What Im trying to say Is.... I don't think Its only one episode or even a couple of episodes, I think Its gonna be more like 10-15 episodes.

But Im not certain, so don't quote me on that.

Ive also heard along the grape vine, that they're gonna introduce a new charecter, and by "new" I mean this guy/girl Is not even In the manga.

So If this does happen, I ask again Is this a good thing? (Personally I don't think it is)

Cause Naruto must be getting closer and closer to become licensed, and I would rather It just carry on following the original plot of the manga before that dreaded day comes.
I tihnk i might dl this then , but i hope they do NOT introduce another character, that would jsut mess up the whole thing... It'd be like naruto x or soemtihng...not cool.
Old 2004-08-18, 15:51   Link #20
yinstro

They have hot springs epsidode... and never show any females in it!!!!!!!!!! noooooooooooooooooooooooo. Thats like against the rules of anime...... The end of days is upon us.....

My guess is the filler will be around 6 episodes long, anyone who sees it can prolly tell if its the last by looking at the previews for next week. I say 6 episodes because that puts it in time with end of the season, i can imagine a new intro involving things that will happen in the current manga arc.

imo if a technique is done with one hand, and you need two or more then you have not mastered it. mastering implies perfected the technique. He cant use it as well as a person who can do it with one. And he has yet to master enough chakra control to do it. I think its safe to say its not "mastered" yet
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote