AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-01-08, 23:27   Link #2321
Nosauz

Freaking ridiculous, honestly after Peyton's funk I too also thought that he might be in decline, but the truth of the matter, is that the Upper Management has become content with just being a perennial playoff team and a championship team that they choose not to go make free agent hires or trade offers to replenish the stores. It's sad that one of the best quarterbacks in the league and the "unofficial" poster boy of the league is having what's left of his prime stolen from him by this shit owner/GM, this terrible coach. In the end the lack of toughness is not solely personnel, it also comes from the coach. The talent is there but going from Dungy to Caldwell has been a devastating blow to the franchise. Fire his ass get Cowher and the Colts might be able to salvage Manning and their franchises legacy. Really I don't blame Peyton anymore, he was desperate, trying to get the pieces to work, but he couldn't, not with the talent on that team, not to mention the nearly 10 minute drive in the second half... Just overall very disappointed with the Colts management.

Also because I just love shaudefrieden:

GEUXX SAINTS!!!!!!

pst... am I doing it right?

at least we both can wallow in the short post season for our teams but at least you have a coach that knows something... Caldwell has just been a brick... an emotionless brick... riding on then Dungy's coattails in TB and then Mannings once he got to the Colts.

After some more thinking it's quite obvious that Reevis isn't all that great, the reason Manning couldn't throw to Wayne to test out the coverage is because he didn't have the downs to work with, when the running game was sputtering with rhodes at 1.3yards per carry and the colts basically burning the first two downs on the run it's obvious that the throwing game had to take a seat, in the end they did lose but the more I think about this the more it becomes less of mannings fault and more of his team just sucking or laying a goose egg. I mean 4 3rd and short two of those were 3rd and 1s and they could not rush 1 yard successfully, I just can't fathom it.

Last edited by Nosauz; 2011-01-08 at 23:41.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 23:55   Link #2322
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Saints (like last years top 4 teams, colts) couldn't sign anyone unless they lost a free agent of their own because of the impending lockout year restrictions...Depth cost us too...

GEAUX PAINS
Old 2011-01-09, 01:03   Link #2323
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Saints got trolled. That stiff arm looked like something out of Star Wars.

Force PUSH!

That said, jets showed that one man can't carry a team. I hope Andy Reid's paying attention to that message.

Of course, the Jets are going to the slaughterhouse, I mean, Foxboro next week. They got murdered there last time, and atm, New England's just making me fall asleep watching their football games not because of their playstyle, but because the games are just so one-sided.
Old 2011-01-09, 01:15   Link #2324
Alchemist007
*Author

Jets game was pretty sweet.
Old 2011-01-09, 01:37   Link #2325
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Gotta love that run by Lynch. What a stiff arm, lol.

The atmosphere in that game (the loudness of the crowd) was great all the way through, such a joy to watch.

It was cool watching Hasselback light it up again. Always liked the guy, but never heard or saw much of him the last few years. He really looked like he was in his prime that game.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 03:59   Link #2326
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Another game worthy of the playoffs. In the end, the Colts's inabilitiy to defend the running game cost them yet again. They couldn't afford an out of form Tomlinson to get confidence and bravado - and he got it. Even Sanchez was able to redeem himself late. Jets prevail and Rex Ryan sends the Colts a little payback for last year's conference championship game.

And appropriately, the Seahawks-Saints game has the highest fan rating of the year on NFL.com at about 98%. Seriously, that game was so special.
Old 2011-01-09, 10:01   Link #2327
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Jets game was pretty sweet.
Really it wasn't. The compounding factors of a lack of running game from the colts, and the lack of run defense and that horrible horrible push into the kicker/ retard jump into the punter at the end cost the colts. Of course mannings numbers weren't great but that's because there was no real running game to force Rex to respect the run, in the end Rex didn't beat Manning, he beat the Colts. Plus Manning demolished Cromartie like he was chopped liver, seriously, Garcon's 57 yd td catch was insane. Oh well maybe this early loss in the playoffs will mean management will seriously look at axing Caldwell, who really does suck the life out of that team. Seriously... who rests when your 2 games away from perfection?
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 11:36   Link #2328
Samari
World's Greatest

Being in Nanjing is so bittersweet. I'm having to type from my damn PSP. Missing the Saints get humiliated and the Harbaugh hire sucked, but I'm happy with the outcome. Can't wait to get back!

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 12:13   Link #2329
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I love how everybody for the Seahawks was down field blocking on that run. Great effort and one of the greatest runs I've seen.

GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 15:03   Link #2330
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I love how everybody for the Seahawks was down field blocking on that run. Great effort and one of the greatest runs I've seen.

That run by Lynch kinda reminded me of Jamaal Lewis's run against the Jets a few years back.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...y-Lewis-TD-run

At this point it looks like the Ravens have a good chance of winning this game but after last night you never know.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 15:27   Link #2331
Alchemist007
*Author

Game's lookin good for the Ravens

ed1: I'm surprised they didn't get into a fight, the Chiefs with all that bullshit grabbing after the play is over. Game's pretty much over now though, cooler heads prevail to clench a victory.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2011-01-09 at 15:44.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 15:56   Link #2332
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Great win for the Ravens. Even though part of me is nervous, I'm looking forward to the game against the Steelers next week.
Old 2011-01-09, 16:00   Link #2333
Alchemist007
*Author

Yeah it's the Steelers that are the real worry. Going to have to hold that defense together.
Old 2011-01-09, 16:07   Link #2334
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Yeah it's the Steelers that are the real worry. Going to have to hold that defense together.
I'm more worried about what the offense does. KC has a very talented defense, especially in the secondary but they don't have the physicality of the Steelers or mental toughness. Hopefully, Cam calls a good game.

It's going to be interesting.
Old 2011-01-09, 16:22   Link #2335
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Being in Nanjing is so bittersweet. I'm having to type from my damn PSP. Missing the Saints get humiliated and the Harbaugh hire sucked, but I'm happy with the outcome. Can't wait to get back!
Wait wait wait wait wait.

YOU NO LIKE HARBAUGH??!!! TAZ NO GET!!!!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 16:31   Link #2336
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Kansas City just fell apart and then some in the 3rd quarter. A game that went as expected - Baltimore crushed them.

Now for Green Bay v Philadelphia. Apparently Kobe Bryant sent Michael Vick a motivational present that Vick has kept in his locker room - a jersey saying 'Be Epic.'
Old 2011-01-09, 18:02   Link #2337
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

James Jones has been dropping a ton of long balls lately. No new deal for him.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 18:11   Link #2338
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Green Bay are just about ready to put Philadelphia to the sword. Eagles are incredibly lucky they're not down 21-3 since Jones dropped an absolute sitter on the final drive of the half. Secondary is just leaving Vick with not much he can do at present while Rodgers keeps doing little plays that add up.
Old 2011-01-09, 19:27   Link #2339
GDB

Unless the Packers score on this drive, then Akers probably cost the Eagles the game with his two missed FGs.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 19:45   Link #2340
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Pack vs. Iggles

dat ending...

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports