AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-11-07, 17:19   Link #601
Soraya21

I myself don't really have a problem with Haruna as a character, it's just that her interactions with Rito throughout the whole series have been repetitive and bland. a) situation occurs where they're alone, b) they're too passive/embarrassed to properly express their mutual love for each other c) flashes of nudity/a misunderstanding suddenly happens, d) their relationship resets back to zero, e) rinse and repeat.

I think it would be fine to bring Haruna back into the fold so long as the creators intend to evolve her relationship with Rito into something more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
It makes you wonder if she can pull a penis (or many).
Wow, wayyy too much information you don't ever want to consider about her. Now when Yami gets assimilated into the harem, I'm going to have these scary visions of her establishing dominance over Rito by whipping one out and having him take it straight up his butt.

Last edited by Soraya21; 2010-11-07 at 17:29.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 17:53   Link #602
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Admittedly my fave has always been Yami.... But then, I was a fan of Eve in the Black Cat series too, so I may have been pre-disposed to like her too. Other than Yami, while the other characters can keep my interest, none of them ever stood out to me.

I really liked seeing the friendship grow between Mikan and Yami, though. Then again, I like the "emotionless character becoming more 'human'" approach on things - a 'la Nagato in the Haruhi series.
Old 2010-11-07, 17:57   Link #603
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
I myself don't really have a problem with Haruna as a character, it's just that her interactions with Rito throughout the whole series have been repetitive and bland. a) situation occurs where they're alone, b) they're too passive/embarrassed to properly express their mutual love for each other c) flashes of nudity/a misunderstanding suddenly happens, d) their relationship resets back to zero, e) rinse and repeat.

I think it would be fine to bring Haruna back into the fold so long as the creators intend to evolve her relationship with Rito into something more.

Wow, wayyy too much information you don't ever want to consider about her. Now when Yami gets assimilated into the harem, I'm going to have these scary visions of her establishing dominance over Rito by whipping one out and having him take it straight up his butt.
you two... Out.. now..
Old 2010-11-08, 06:00   Link #604
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Quote:
This, I don't know how they expect us to keep finding Haruna interesting.

Edit: And you know what, I kinda don't like Momo, she's too sinister in a really unnecessary way.
TheRealTRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 08:00   Link #605
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Goddamnit... can't unthink. I hate you guys.

As for Haruna, I don't dislike her but I do agree she's boring most of the time. She's too ordinary and overall just not as fun to watch as the other girls.
Old 2010-11-08, 08:51   Link #606
Xagzan

Haruna's fun when she's actually showing some quirks. Like freaking out and using Rito as a human weapon.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 08:58   Link #607
Nosauz

oh wow, some these fantasies/projections are quite terrifying, but given that rito is spineless, i bet he would obligingly 'assume the position'
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 11:18   Link #608
Marty17
Like What You Hate

She (Haruna) kinda reminds me of my friend, I always viewed her as very conservative, but when she had a few (literally, 1 half), she's absolute a hoot to be with. Racing with heels on? You bet.
Old 2010-11-08, 11:26   Link #609
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Iam eagerly awaiting if this new spin off will Lala and Haruna take there places back as the main focus or will it be all through out Momo and Yami?

Agh... speaking of which gotta catch up with the anime.
Old 2010-11-08, 12:25   Link #610
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Haruna so far failed as the main heroine. There were a few moments but those were so rare, and other heroines provided so much more with mucch less screen time. I really dont want to see this manga going back to square one - Lala , well I woouldnt mind some but only some, while Haruna - no thanks, take her out of the story, I had enough with her passive doing nothing and having nothing as a noticeable character to offer. She was just too plain and too boring. She had her chance but she blew it. Its time to go to something fresh rather than beating dead horse.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 13:04   Link #611
Xacual

Lala and Haruna have pretty much played out their part to the story. We'll see Lala just because she lives with Rito. Haruna will have to have some time later because Rito will have to finally confess to bring her into the harem but as Momo says, it's better to focus on the most troublesome targets first.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 13:39   Link #612
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I enjoyed how Haruna was portrayed the best in the story arc of being pulled into the rpg world by Lala's sisters. She seemed to be able to somewhat "shine out of the box", as it were.

Other than that it is true that she didn't really develop much as a character, unfortunately.

Unless Haruna is somehow "brought out of the box" I can't see her developing much more....
Old 2010-11-08, 16:15   Link #613
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The only thing missing is a sadist type. If Haruna gets a permanent personality change, then it might be interesting...
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 16:24   Link #614
kusanagi25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
The only thing missing is a sadist type. If Haruna gets a permanent personality change, then it might be interesting...
isnt momo a closet sadist.
kusanagi25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 17:12   Link #615
Ashaman

Not really.

She's a little like a Yandere. Sweet and kind to people, espcially her lover (RIto)

Willing to go extremely far (into Sadist territory) in order to protect said lover. However, unlike most Yandere's she's willing to share.
Old 2010-11-08, 17:39   Link #616
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Yes we do need a sadist in the group and I opt for Haruna to fill in that role.
She may not be much of a character but reason why I liked ch 140 from before is cause when she changed personality it was Fing awesome!
Old 2010-11-08, 19:46   Link #617
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Yes we do need a sadist in the group and I opt for Haruna to fill in that role.
She may not be much of a character but reason why I liked ch 140 from before is cause when she changed personality it was Fing awesome!
Yes, but it was one of those very rare moments where she looked like a character instead of that endless sea of plainliness and boredom that she usually was.

IF she would be permanently like she was in that evil mode then yeah I would not mind her all that much, but most likely we would get another dose of doing nothing and being nothing like always.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 19:54   Link #618
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Poor Haruna. Being tied to the author's real-life situation hasn't helped her either.

I think Haruna's fine as she is. I do agree that she needs more things that define her character [Although I don't think Yui is exempt from that either. In fact, Haruna's dog counts more towards than than Yui's love of cats.], but her plainness is endearing for me. It's somewhat refreshing to see someone who doesn't react exaggeratedly to everything, and the fact that she does it in a cute way makes me like her as a character. She helps slow down TLR's fast pace, so I like the chapters she's in.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 20:14   Link #619
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I think Haruna's fine as she is. I do agree that she needs more things that define her character [Although I don't think Yui is exempt from that either. In fact, Haruna's dog counts more towards than than Yui's love of cats.], but her plainness is endearing for me. It's somewhat refreshing to see someone who doesn't react exaggeratedly to everything, and the fact that she does it in a cute way makes me like her as a character. She helps slow down TLR's fast pace, so I like the chapters she's in.
Exactly. Haruna is the normalcy of Rito's harem. She gave us great contrast with Lala and helped form an excellent love triangle. Once Rito developed a harem, her usefulness dwindled. But she still remains the most normal girl in the series and I think she will be the biggest obstacle for Rito himself.

Boy did I start a nice conversation.
Old 2010-11-08, 21:10   Link #620
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
oh wow, some these fantasies/projections are quite terrifying, but given that rito is spineless, i bet he would obligingly 'assume the position'
Seriously, he far too passive and won't be able to handle a harem the way that he is now. That's why Momo's such a nice, considerate girl for prepping him up and molding him into the primo alpha male. He might not think so now, but Rito's going to be down on his knees and thanking her when he's charged with the nightly duty of satisfying all these girls at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Not really.

She's a little like a Yandere. Sweet and kind to people, espcially her lover (RIto)

Willing to go extremely far (into Sadist territory) in order to protect said lover. However, unlike most Yandere's she's willing to share.
That would be more like she's two-faced and hides her true self rather then being a yandere. For the most part, Momo doesn't fit the archetype since her love for Rito hasn't been shown to be either negative, obsessive or unhealthy, not to mention we have yet to see Rito lying in a pool of his own blood a'la Fatal Attraction style after he rejected her advances. If anyone, Mea is probably the closest one of being a yandere with her twisted sense of logic and love she has for her sister, Yami.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen