AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-01-29, 18:21   Link #2221
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Did Ishida magically disappear from the plot? I mean he gave a simple no when Ichigo thought about going to Hueco Mundo. Are these new Quincies the reason why Ryuken had no pride of being a Quincy?
I've been wondering from the start about why Ishida suddenly went AWOL in a story where the bad guys are Quincies, but I guess shinigami are so important we can't afford to spend even a panel on what the Ishidas are up to.

I guess he'll suddenly appear when the shinigami training montage is over (sometime this September, maybe? :P), get his ass kicked in one or two chapters, and then go back being a wallflower. Poor guy.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 18:44   Link #2222
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Maybe one slash has more 'killing power' than another.
"Killing power"? How would such a thing be measured though? By the supposed strength of the attacker? Or the amount of killing intent behind the attack? Either way, why should either really matter? I mean whether a character gets cleaved in two by someone really strong or really weak, should it make much of a difference if the same type of injury or the same amount of damage is dealt?

Well either way, feel free continue speculating. I just personally find it easier to believe that any and all fatal injuries in this series are only fatal at Kubo's discretion. It prevents me from having to think about something I don't believe was meant to be thought about too seriously.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 19:07   Link #2223
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
now just need his hair to go gold
or bald.....

Just sayain.....

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 20:08   Link #2224
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
"Killing power"? How would such a thing be measured though? By the supposed strength of the attacker? Or the amount of killing intent behind the attack? Either way, why should either really matter? I mean whether a character gets cleaved in two by someone really strong or really weak, should it make much of a difference if the same type of injury or the same amount of damage is dealt?

Well either way, feel free continue speculating. I just personally find it easier to believe that any and all fatal injuries in this series are only fatal at Kubo's discretion. It prevents me from having to think about something I don't believe was meant to be thought about too seriously.
Well yeah to a certain degree all of it is at Kubo's discretion, that is probably the only logical explanation.

But if I had to defend that there is logic to Bleach ... well they are spiritual bodies so it could be another dimension to how damaged a character is. Also you have to consider the flow of the story and what that particular cut meant. Like if the person was cut right off the bat it may be minor or fatal whereas if it was like inbetween a fight with no real build up it the same type of cut may not have the same affect. Context is important especially with Bleach because....unfortunately everything only ever makes sense in the current context of the story -_-
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 22:04   Link #2225
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I've been wondering from the start about why Ishida suddenly went AWOL in a story where the bad guys are Quincies, but I guess shinigami are so important we can't afford to spend even a panel on what the Ishidas are up to.

I guess he'll suddenly appear when the shinigami training montage is over (sometime this September, maybe? :P), get his ass kicked in one or two chapters, and then go back being a wallflower. Poor guy.
Can't be worse than being Chad who was defeated twice in Hueco Mundo, was manipulated later and now... better not to let him fight. Then there is Orihime and Rukia who barely fight regardless of how important they are.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 22:46   Link #2226
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Well yeah to a certain degree all of it is at Kubo's discretion, that is probably the only logical explanation.

But if I had to defend that there is logic to Bleach ... well they are spiritual bodies so it could be another dimension to how damaged a character is. Also you have to consider the flow of the story and what that particular cut meant. Like if the person was cut right off the bat it may be minor or fatal whereas if it was like inbetween a fight with no real build up it the same type of cut may not have the same affect. Context is important especially with Bleach because....unfortunately everything only ever makes sense in the current context of the story -_-
Point taken.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 04:02   Link #2227
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Chapters out. So I guess Kenpachi isn't really immortal....and btw these 2 chapters totes could've been combined into one
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 04:04   Link #2228
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Not only does he limit himself with his eyepatch but he also limits himself unconsciously. Where is this story going!? Shouldn't his limit be automatically removed if he finds else someone who is immensely strong like Bach? or Ichigo? or Yamamoto? Why am I even bothering to ask question about another typical shounen power up? I should be grateful that he didn't just bath in some magical onsen and got 50 STR +.

Edit: I am sorry for the rant. It is like 1:00 AM, forgive me.
Edit2: Bach even beat the crap out of him... Ok, I am going to bed.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2013-01-30 at 12:40.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 04:16   Link #2229
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Firstly I would say I am happy with the way things. The relationship is not so twisted.
chapter then brings answers:

_first Response, the battle between our two buddies has taken place at the time of the 13, at least immediately after, as Unohana is the captain but the hair in the wind, and the young "zaraki" reminds young "Kyoraku." One can easily say that it dates back 1000 years ago ... (The counter-argument if you find one ...)

_second Response translations on the last time, there is no special power to bring the dead back to life. It is simply pushing near death, near death etc.. and therefore the cure at the last moment in order (pending) BREAKING seal ken-chan that is self-imposed! HUGE

_and 3eme Response, the sin of the beautiful Yachiru! Well it is simply being selfish! thinking only of her, she leaves lives to this monster to satisfy his pleasure real fight. I find it very well led by Kubo.
Old 2013-01-30, 05:21   Link #2230
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
This past was so good.
Unohana killing and healing him each time ...
Old 2013-01-30, 06:57   Link #2231
Eragon
Still Alive

Well.....now at least we know why Kenny lost to Ichigo. That's vindication enough for me
Old 2013-01-30, 07:25   Link #2232
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Well.....now at least we know why Kenny lost to Ichigo. That's vindication enough for me
Ichigo would have trashed the floor with Kenny if he had used his Quincy powers
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 07:46   Link #2233
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so that's why Kenpachi continuously losing his consciousness....

Unohana is a bully.... please don't die....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 08:09   Link #2234
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

No real surprises there. The fact Kenpachi is always unconsciously limiting himself was already brought up in the novels by Narita. I assume Kenpachi is going to become even more absurdly overpowered as he was in this.
Old 2013-01-30, 08:17   Link #2235
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Sorta called it

Texted my friend Unohana is going to die before the chapter even came out.
Old 2013-01-30, 09:55   Link #2236
Mr Coin
Heads or Tails?

Latest chapter was awesome... and I did not know that Zaraki was cute when he was a child and it's hard to believe that he was stronger that time than he was at his current age .

I have this strange feeling that the fanbase around the world is going to form a ship that is called UnohanaxZaraki.

I'm scared, my friends are talking about this ship as we speak. With their wild and naughty theories of Unohana killing and resurrection Zaraki countless times in order to sate her fetish for killing people.
Mr Coin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 10:04   Link #2237
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

So Zaraki isn't immortal but Unohana is killing and healing him constantly? wow!
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 10:09   Link #2238
flack

This latest chapter was good. That explains alot of the power unbalances earlier on.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 10:14   Link #2239
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It's rare for me to enjoy a few chapters in a row so much as I have since the whole Unohana vs Zaraki things started.

I must admit, I really liked how Kubo made the flashback and explained how Zaraki's power worked. So he was pretty much a complete monster but his fear of losing the only worthy adversaries made him subconsciously hold his power back. It's actually pretty damn cool and it explains why his matches have so close despite him being hyped up so much.

I also like what Unohana is doing with killing him and bringing him back to unshackle his power...I'm guessing fuller powered Zaraki will be a real overwhelming beast (though he'll of course be overshadowed by Ichigo cause...lolmaincharacter)
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 10:51   Link #2240
DoubtGin

Awful chapter.
DoubtGin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter