AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-01, 11:07   Link #21
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Please god, make kishi stop being sexist. Atleast have tobi get beat up a bit and resort to using. Undead pain >< i f konan dies, karin must die.
Old 2010-09-01, 11:17   Link #22
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
I guess we'll get to see if Tobi can actually fight.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 11:45   Link #23
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That would be really cool. No, even better, Z-Nagato is the one who kills her.
Fortunately for you, it's the most probable scenario Unless Kabuto pulls one on Madara, since it's HIS rezzed army. Backstabbing glasses dude sure gives off a treacherous bastard aura...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 13:06   Link #24
poolfan
NOOB

Poor Kisame

First he was betrayed by his own weapon. Next he bit his own tongue and now eaten by his own summon.
poolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 13:35   Link #25
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolfan View Post
Poor Kisame

First he was betrayed by his own weapon. Next he bit his own tongue and now eaten by his own summon.
Atleast he managed to keep his own soul.... Orochimaru is doomed for eternity ....

So... Konan is going to die. I was hoping the Sand and the Rain village would be Konoha's greatest support after Naruto would become Hokage. But now... his reputation in the Rain Village is erased.
Old 2010-09-01, 13:38   Link #26
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
-Please stop saying she's going to die. I already had to suffer through the revelations of Claymore 107 chapter. Konan's death might just put me in the hospital .
Old 2010-09-01, 13:48   Link #27
Slayerx

Konan vs Madara...
Well its been a while since we've seen a really quick fight
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 14:05   Link #28
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Konan vs Madara...
Well its been a while since we've seen a really quick fight
Yeah about 1 week, Gai vs Kisame?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 14:11   Link #29
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Yeah about 1 week, Gai vs Kisame?
I was thinking more like 5 pages =p
Though that might be a tad generous
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 14:30   Link #30
Cael
Lurker Mode

I have to give Konan the benefit of the doubt that she's by no means a pushover, even for Madara. First, she's an X-member of Akatsuki and they don't let just anybody in. Everyone had to prove themselves at one point or another. Second, she's studied under Jiraiya, and she's been with Nagato since forever. She probably knows how Nagato killed Hanzou, she may have even helped kill him or his guards. She held her own against everyone she encountered in Konoha. The point is, she's experienced. She'll put up a better fight than the ANBU did, assuming it is Madara she fights. If Madara steps aside for Kabuto-maru and his zombie squad (which woud be EPIC) we might see her kick some serious ass before she finally falls. I bet you every piece of paper she uses, has the potential to be an explosive tag. Imagine what else she can have on here paper... special markings, special seals similar to Ao's paper ear rings?
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 14:49   Link #31
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I have a hunch the rain is on her side. And a feeling the paper flowers she gave naruto have a key role. If she falls.i f she dies... atleast let it be done not half ass lame. I want er to die happy.
Old 2010-09-01, 15:05   Link #32
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Actually, since he's the 7th Pein, he might actually save her.
Old 2010-09-01, 15:05   Link #33
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
I have to give Konan the benefit of the doubt that she's by no means a pushover, even for Madara. First, she's an X-member of Akatsuki and they don't let just anybody in. Everyone had to prove themselves at one point or another.
I dunno, she acted as sort of a nurse for Nagato so it might be that Madara was only really interested in Pein's abilities, but got Konan as kind of a package deal similar to how Madara recruited Sasuke and also got Karin, Juugo and Suigetsu by default.

Everything else about her is true for the most part. She was pretty helpless against Hanzo, but she might do better than expected against Madara. As one of the Akatsuki members who knew about Tobi's true identity, she might be the first person we've seen fight Madara knowing something about his powers beforehand.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 15:09   Link #34
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

one of her papers fly over Madara's eyes and seal them shut... lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 15:11   Link #35
Alchemist007
*Author

Madara wandering around: "Shit.....shit."
Old 2010-09-01, 15:28   Link #36
Ero-Senn1n

I hope Madara will not kill Konan, it would totally ruin the "happy end" of the Pain vs Naruto arc. I hope it turns out that the alliance had some strong ninja team hiding there and waiting if Madara visits Konan. It would be logical that the villages made a pact with Konan, letting her lead the village but having her reveal all the secrets that she knows about akatsuki, in exchange for giving Konan and her village full protection. It would be nice if Shikamaru was the one in charge of the team that protects Konan and gathers information. Since they know that Konan is alive and she was with Nagato, they should expect that Madara wants to kill Konan because "she knows too much", and that's a good occasion to set up a trap for Madara.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 15:43   Link #37
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I hope Madara will not kill Konan, it would totally ruin the "happy end" of the Pain vs Naruto arc. I hope it turns out that the alliance had some strong ninja team hiding there and waiting if Madara visits Konan. It would be logical that the villages made a pact with Konan, letting her lead the village but having her reveal all the secrets that she knows about akatsuki, in exchange for giving Konan and her village full protection. It would be nice if Shikamaru was the one in charge of the team that protects Konan and gathers information. Since they know that Konan is alive and she was with Nagato, they should expect that Madara wants to kill Konan because "she knows too much", and that's a good occasion to set up a trap for Madara.
Logicaly that should happen, there is only one problem the author. If he pull that out of he's but and does not kill her I will be surprise.
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 15:58   Link #38
Neji112

Maybe Konan possesses a power/ability that we're not aware of that's particularly useful to Madara or he could just want her for the army. It's also possible that he'll convince her to rejoin him because of Zombie Nagato. Lastly even if he does kill her, Kabuto can resurrect her as a "loyal" Zombie.
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 19:37   Link #39
lotus_lee

Well Konan had her ass handed to her against Jiraiya, so I don't think she will have a chance. The best we can hope for is that she gets resurrected later on as a zombie! Damn you Kishi for being so random!
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 21:49   Link #40
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

The good news is that Konan said she was preparing for Madara. In shonen this usually translates into a momentary advantage for anyone that says that. So even despite her gender handicap in this manga, Konan should put up a decent fight with the potential to show us something new.

But sadly at this point Madara likely has to get what he wants. The rinnegan is part of his plan and I doubt there will be any roadblocks right now. The Alliance just scored a victory over the Akatsuki. The bad guys now need a victory.

The question is whether or not Kishi allows her to live or escape. If Madara gets Kisame's message, he might turn his attention away from Konan for the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I hope it turns out that the alliance had some strong ninja team hiding there and waiting if Madara visits Konan. It would be logical that the villages made a pact with Konan, letting her lead the village but having her reveal all the secrets that she knows about akatsuki, in exchange for giving Konan and her village full protection. It would be nice if Shikamaru was the one in charge of the team that protects Konan and gathers information. Since they know that Konan is alive and she was with Nagato, they should expect that Madara wants to kill Konan because "she knows too much", and that's a good occasion to set up a trap for Madara.
That would make the Alliance look good. They have three targets that they could assume Madara would go after. They chose to hide and protect two of them. They certainly could not expect Madara to let Konan walk away free.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion