AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-05-21, 14:59   Link #21
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Why do you think Madara has told him all this? What Sasuke can see that Itachi's way was to sacrifice everything for the village, and the village was totally ungrateful. If Sasuke wants a better world he would probably want a world without ninja villages, but not the old world of chaos, something new. And that's where we have Pain's dream about a better world, so Sasuke might joint Pain in his quest, which means Sasuke ends up fighting Konoha and Naruto. Some foreshadowing was already done: Tsunade talks about possible 6th hokages and Jiraiya talks about Danozou being a threat. Which means that bad things will happen to Konoha and Sasuke might be one of those bad things.
sasuke will always be narutos friend, no matter how many times sasuke says he broke the bonds he has not. so him killing naruto is not going to happen, him teaming up with him for the greater good is better.

naruto will be the hokage that will change the world, and polices in the leaf. so both will team up again.
Old 2008-05-21, 15:19   Link #22
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave0fLife View Post
But after they fought and Itachi died, he also planned that Madara would tell Sasuke the truth, making him the most important person to Sasuke now - and then obtain the MS, since now he realized he killed the most important person to him.
Hmm, then why the Amaterasu trap ?

Quote:
This would be kind of weird though, since he would gain the MS by changing his feelings towards someone he "killed". Actually, I just thought about it, Itachi wasn't killed by Sasuke - would the feeling that he killed him be enough to activate the MS? If so, then a genjutsu would be a smarter way to get the MS.
Maybe, he could get the MS that way. After all Kakashi didn't kill his friend either.
Old 2008-05-21, 15:46   Link #23
mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
sasuke will always be narutos friend, no matter how many times sasuke says he broke the bonds he has not. so him killing naruto is not going to happen, him teaming up with him for the greater good is better.

naruto will be the hokage that will change the world, and polices in the leaf. so both will team up again.
Sasuke will kill naruto get ems then either sakura or tsunade will sacrifice their selves to bring him back or maybe one of the fox's abilities will bring him back to life. Thus giving sasuke the finally power up in the uchiha bloodlimit and keeping the central character in the story. I doubt the story will end without him receiving it ems since he has become 2nd in importance only to naruto and their story seems to be intertwined.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 15:48   Link #24
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

I wouldn't be suprised if after this Sasuke went back into Konoha secretly and found his father's plans for the coup d'etat then along with Team Hebi he plans to kill Danzou and the elders then overthrow Konoha so it is the Uchiha who have supremacy
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 16:27   Link #25
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Sasuke will kill naruto get ems then either sakura or tsunade will sacrifice their selves to bring him back or maybe one of the fox's abilities will bring him back to life. Thus giving sasuke the finally power up in the uchiha bloodlimit and keeping the central character in the story. I doubt the story will end without him receiving it ems since he has become 2nd in importance only to naruto and their story seems to be intertwined.
with itachis body in madaras hands, could use his eyes to get EMS. the way the spoiler pictures paint it, its possible since itachi was in the head of sasuke for years and years he was the most important person in his life, so with itachi dead, sasuke could have got MS to use on his own.

but who knows lol
Old 2008-05-21, 16:37   Link #26
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
I would also think Naruto had a hand in ruining Itachi's plans don't you think so? He became Sasuke's best friend, which Itachi didn't plan for.
He almost did at least, until Itachi came back to Konoha and Sasuke left.
In fact the whole "I'm not interested in you, I'm here for Naruto your poor weakling lalala" seems more and more like something coldly planed to make Sasuke snaps. Lacking hatred wasn't some firect MS/power trip, it was simply the link Itachi wanted to flourish within Sasuke. Talk about tough love, with loving brother like that you clearly don't need ennemy.

Itachi was very smart but he was badly messed up in his head.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 16:52   Link #27
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Some foreshadowing was already done: Tsunade talks about possible 6th hokages and Jiraiya talks about Danozou being a threat. Which means that bad things will happen to Konoha and Sasuke might be one of those bad things.
Not to mention Kishimoto's comment in that interview about Sakura needing "development" (ie her mentor to die)...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 16:52   Link #28
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
He almost did at least, until Itachi came back to Konoha and Sasuke left.
In fact the whole "I'm not interested in you, I'm here for Naruto your poor weakling lalala" seems more and more like something coldly planed to make Sasuke snaps. Lacking hatred wasn't some firect MS/power trip, it was simply the link Itachi wanted to flourish within Sasuke. Talk about tough love, with loving brother like that you clearly don't need ennemy.

Itachi was very smart but he was badly messed up in his head.
What a great way to love your little brother, crush his wrist when he uses chidori, knee him in the stomach, kick him against the wall then punch him in the gut, grab him by the neck torment with your words then mind rape him with Tsuyokomi...great brother simply great! Itachi is too good an actor because what he did, did not seem like he was acting at all
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 17:09   Link #29
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Maybe, he could get the MS that way. After all Kakashi didn't kill his friend either.

hmm, i'm not so sure about that anymore, not after all these recent chapters where people can just shift from being pure evil into a kind loving person. Most probably kakashi didn't, but i wouldn't be too surprised if he did.
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 17:11   Link #30
Slave0fLife
O_O

Quote:
Hmm, then why the Amaterasu trap ?
Maybe he thought Madara would show the sharingan only at the end of the story?
But you're right, it really doesn't make sense.

Quote:
If it is possible to get it that way, then I would think that anyone who knows about the "killing your best friend" thing before doing it is not very smart, since that way you would have both your friend and the MS. But I don't think Kishimoto is going to explain this.
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 17:19   Link #31
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
What do you mean (I am actually a little confused), are you saying that Sasuke will take Madara's speech at face value, or Sasuke is smart enough to seek verification first? Sasuke has a long line of following, more or less, whatever someone tells him. He believed extensively/intensely in Itachi's words, to the point that he abandonned his village to attain power to continue believing in Itachi's words. Additionally, he went to Orochimaru for the promise of power, when, for all he knew, Orochimaru could have knocked him out and kept him in a test tube until Orochimaru needed to transfer bodies (in fact that would have been the logical thing for Orochimaru to do, but sadly, Orochimaru has never been that logical in his thinking). Sasuke is very smart and has a deft mind while in battle, but he has a hard time seperating truth from fiction while outside of battle (which is somewhat justifiable considering the fact that he has been, more or less, lied to by nearly everyone for the majority of his life).

I hope that Sasuke does go on a Quest for Verification (tm for next Sasuke arc ), otherwise he will be acting like a puppet (yet again), which would be a great disservice to his character.
You forget that Sasuke was asked to check on the scrolls in the uchiha hiding place. Presumably that is what won him over Itachi's ruse. In Orochimaru's case he had experienced first hand the power it grants (the curse seal) so it was more or less gaining power material. However in Madara's case he (Madara) can not backup his claims and Sasuke is the kind of guy who questions things that trouble him. Also to conclude in the Orochimaru case he joined under false pretenses - his aim was to kill orochimaru once he gained the necessary power. History repeats itself in Narutoverse in many ways...
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 17:23   Link #32
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
If it is possible to get it that way, then I would think that anyone who knows about the "killing your best friend" thing before doing it is not very smart, since that way you would have both your friend and the MS. But I don't think Kishimoto is going to explain this.
Well, there is the theory floating around that Kakashi did kill his friend, indirectly that is. I'm not sure of the details, but it was something along the lines of, his stubbornness essentially getting his team into trouble, resulting in his best friend being crushed under a giant pebble.

That said, exactly how the MS works hasn't really been explained. There is a good chance that even the wiser characters in the show are just guessing about how it works. Madara and his brother were among (were the first?) to get the MS, no one really knows how many manage to duplicate their achievements.
Old 2008-05-21, 17:51   Link #33
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChojinLocke View Post
You forget that Sasuke was asked to check on the scrolls in the uchiha hiding place. Presumably that is what won him over Itachi's ruse. In Orochimaru's case he had experienced first hand the power it grants (the curse seal) so it was more or less gaining power material. However in Madara's case he (Madara) can not backup his claims and Sasuke is the kind of guy who questions things that trouble him. Also to conclude in the Orochimaru case he joined under false pretenses - his aim was to kill orochimaru once he gained the necessary power. History repeats itself in Narutoverse in many ways...
I was never really sure what Sasuke got from his clan's scrolls. They probably detailed some of the abilities of the MS, and seems to have indicated that the Kyuubi (who Sasuke thought was killed at least until Orochimaru told him otherwise) was controllable, and maybe even spoke of Madara. But, besides this information, how did/do the scrolls help Sasuke determine his goals or course of action in regards to Itachi. Rather, it seems that Sasuke questioned this one aspect of Itachi's story, and finding out it was true, simply accepted everything else that Itachi said as being true without much thought. Specifically, he accepted the truth of the MS as the truth to why Itachi killed the clan. That is a large leap of logic to use to throw away your village for.

I am all for Sasuke taking a break and looking for verification in regards to the Uchiha clans massacre. That would be a nice way for Sasuke to bow out of the limelight, and start doing so secret sleuthing in the background, while letting Kishimoto go back and focus on Konoha and their reactions to Jiraiya's and Itachi's deaths (maybe Tsunade will reveal to Naruto that Itachi thought he was doing something good for Konoha when in reality he was jumping to conclusions, or something to that effect.) If nothig else, as I said, it is a nice way to transition over to a new arc.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 18:03   Link #34
Slave0fLife
O_O

Quote:
Well, there is the theory floating around that Kakashi did kill his friend, indirectly that is. I'm not sure of the details, but it was something along the lines of, his stubbornness essentially getting his team into trouble, resulting in his best friend being crushed under a giant pebble.
Yeah, I thought about that too, but then it would be too imprecise - since Kakashi didn't kill him directly, it was his feeling of guilt that would have unlocked the MS (if this truly is the reason he has MS). I think we will have to wait untill Kakashi explains his MS gaining technique.

Back on topic, what if Itachi had AIDS? That would leave Sasuke pretty f***ed up

Really back on topic, would Madara be so sure that Sasuke would stay/come back to him that he would let him leave with no strings attached?
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 18:49   Link #35
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

So I guess this chapter concludes Madara's history lesson on Uchiha and Itachi. It was more like a wrapping up on what we already know more or less.

Itachi has been the driving force for Sasuke gaining strength and making the blood survive in a proud manner. At least, Madara's story has been consistent in that regards. His plans were really moving well. At least, his prediction on his brother's growth was correct. There would have been change of plans, but, he would have put those plans right on track sooner or later. And, if Madara was aware of Itachi's intentions before he joined Akatsuki, then how was Madara able to prevent information leakage? He was surely hiding a lot from Itachi, including Pain. Considering that Jiraiya's internal source on Akatsuki was Itachi, how Madara limited that significantly (as Jiraiya was hardly getting any information) was interesting. I wonder if the pair system was formed basically to limit that kind of betrayal.

Still, after this chapter, there are a few questions left, like Itachi's disease, and whether it has any relation to his Uchiha blood. If not, the source of that. The fly trapper was not aware of that, so, this may go directly to the top.

And, it is interesting that Sasuke hasn't questioned Madara regarding Kyuubi's comments. Was there a Kyuubi container before, and did Madara summon Kyuubi by doing something to that container?
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 18:50   Link #36
Defiance
The Founder

Not a bad chapter.
I like how Itachi's mystery got wrapped up, although it does seem a bit anti-climatic. Heres hoping Pain and his rinngan is next.
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 19:40   Link #37
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Considering that Jiraiya's internal source on Akatsuki was Itachi, how Madara limited that significantly (as Jiraiya was hardly getting any information) was interesting. I wonder if the pair system was formed basically to limit that kind of betrayal.
Jiraiya doesn't even know about Madara, the massacre and the deal about protecting Sasuke, so the odds of Itachi being his informant are about 0%
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 19:50   Link #38
Julao

Quote:
Blood is coming from the left eye
This is new power that Itachi gave you, eye pattern of the Itachi's mangekyo
If in future Sasuke will obtain MS, left eye will automatically became EMS.
"Amaterasu is the only technique Itachi implant into your eyes" Madara says
There was a high risk in this surgery
*some important part I didn't get, so I'll just leave it for now - something about the key*
What do you mean abou a key???
Julao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 19:54   Link #39
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julao View Post
What do you mean abou a key???
Nothing. This one is a fake spoiler.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 20:12   Link #40
nine_tailed_kyuubi

any spoiler pics ?