Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-25, 13:14   Link #261
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Did I miss anyone important?
How about a Charles option

Also an Others option......and maybe a Nina one.

EDIT: How about a High Eunuchs Option
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 11:34   Link #262
Var
Banned

Based on the discussion that's rather rampant within Suzaku's topic. I was wondering if a Britannia discussion thread or some such, for focusing on the Empire itself be it their motives, methods, or what not, would be doable. This could also serve as a Charles discussion thread.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 11:39   Link #263
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I second that, the discussion of Britannian's foreign relations and government are also very interesting.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 17:11   Link #264
zalem

Cornelia has appeared now, so if there is an R2 favorite character thread she should be on it too. Laksharta too.
Old 2008-07-06, 17:21   Link #265
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Based on the discussion that's rather rampant within Suzaku's topic. I was wondering if a Britannia discussion thread or some such, for focusing on the Empire itself be it their motives, methods, or what not, would be doable. This could also serve as a Charles discussion thread.
My apologies for the late answer. This request has been considered as valid. A thread of the Empire of Britannia has been created here
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Cornelia has appeared now, so if there is an R2 favorite character thread she should be on it too. Laksharta too.
Cornerlia character discussion might require to wait for the next episode, in order to ensue her role in the future. That is to say, there are grand chances she will be warranted a thread as well, considering the recent events.

As for Laksharta, she is however, stricly a "support character", and the creation of such thread would be quite more "baseless", in comparison with characters such like Tohdoh, Kaguya, etc. As result, I believe she isn't exactly worth a character thread (for the moment, perhaps).
Old 2008-07-06, 17:26   Link #266
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Cornerlia character discussion might require to wait for the next episode, in order to ensue her role in the future. That is to say, there are grand chances she will be warranted a thread as well, considering the recent events.

As for Laksharta, she is however, stricly a "support character", and the creation of such thread would be quite more "baseless", in comparison with characters such like Tohdoh, Kaguya, etc. As result, I believe she isn't exactly worth a character thread (for the moment, perhaps).
I think that Zalem is tasalking about the list of favourite charcters for the next Favourite Character poll that Manjuu posted in the last page.

He previously said that he's not gonna put Cornelia in it because she hasn't appeared yet.
Old 2008-07-06, 17:30   Link #267
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Indeed. Lack of sleep just made me think he was asking for a character thread (I guess I merged both requests, as var mentioned a possible charles thread). My bad.

Ironically, my comments below still stand: adding Laksharta will be in detriment to characters like Tohdo or Ohgi, for example.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:45   Link #268
zalem

Yes, it was the character poll I was referring to. Perhaps you should make it so that people can choose multiple favorites (like the character poll in the Macross forum)? Though I don't see how Laksharta being on the poll is a detriment to Tohdo or Ougi. They are totally different characters/personalities. In fact, I think Ougi and Toudo and more of a chance of being a detriment to each other then Laksharta. I mean Sayoko and Diethard are on the current poll, so why not Laksharta on the new one?
Old 2008-07-06, 18:48   Link #269
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Though I don't see how Laksharta being on the poll is a detriment to Tohdo or Ougi. They are totally different characters/personalities. In fact, I think Ougi and Toudo and more of a chance of being a detriment to each other then Laksharta.
I think Klashikari means that if you put Laksharta option there would be arguements about adding other secondary characters like Ougi and Toudoh to the poll and since Laksharta who's also a secondary character is on the poll there'd really nothing to Deter the arguments.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:50   Link #270
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I think Klashikari means that if you put Laksharta option there would be arguements about adding other secondary characters like Ougi and Toudoh to the poll and since Laksharta who's also a secondary character is on the poll there'd really nothing to Deter the arguments.
But they are on the current poll. Or are they not going to be on the new poll? I assumed all the current people are going to be on the new poll...
Old 2008-07-06, 18:55   Link #271
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
But they are on the current poll. Or are they not going to be on the new poll? I assumed all the current people are going to be on the new poll...
They probably aren't gonna be in the new poll.

Here's the list so far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Lelouch
Suzaku
C.C.
Rollo
Kallen
Shirley
Gino
Anya
Nunnally
Jerminah (Orange)
Li Xingke
Villetta
Schniezel
Millay
V.V.
Kaguya
Lloyd
Old 2008-07-06, 19:01   Link #272
zalem

Hmmm....it's still disappointing to not have Laksharta on there. I've been wanting her on a character poll since she first appeared in the series.

But at least Cornelia should be added.
Old 2008-07-06, 20:37   Link #273
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
That's correct: there are already a lot of specific and solid secondary characters, however, some of these (hence my mentions of Tohdoh and Ohgi) aren't present in the "race" for the poll.

We currently have another major problem, technical this time: there is a limitation for 20 choices for poll for this forum (granted, 20 choices is perhaps already too much, so to speak). Since there is already 17 characters, with probably Cornelia (depending of her role in the future), that will leave only 1 free place (as the 20th will be the "others" option).
As mentioned by Zalem, some characters are "paired" because of their role and such (like Diethard with Sayako). Hence putting one character that has a moderate/low screentime will certainly put detriment to others, which cannot be added already as it would generate "fair" issue with their counterpart.

To be honest, I question already the choice of putting Lloyd, but not Cecile, so there is already much to debate for the choices.

Also, the final note: much like most recent favorite character polls on AS, you will be able to vote multiple characters at once. In such case of large cast, it is far more logical to expect several characters being appreciated, than really "the one". There is no limit in term of number of choices, though it would defeat the poll purpose if everyone votes for every characters, of course.
Old 2008-07-06, 20:45   Link #274
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
that will leave only 1 free place.
Guess that mean there won't be a Charles option T_T

Oh well atleast there's a Kaguya option
Old 2008-07-06, 23:05   Link #275
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Is it okay to make two fav character threads, one for male cast and another for female cast? That way there will be more options available.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 23:52   Link #276
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Although it is interesting, the whole purpose of such thread is to see "which character(s) are the most popular". Splitting into to 2 poll threads impairs the purpose of the thread, as basically, the results will most likely be different as more votes pool are available for X character by this process.

Furthermore, we do not wish to give any special treatment for any series, hence the poll will be left as it usually is.
Old 2008-07-09, 00:50   Link #277
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Well, I just got an idea that may help with the off-topicness lately. Klashikari mentioned in the Ep. 13 topic that it isn't a topic for random CG comments. What about a Random CG Thread then? It can at least keep the other topics clean somewhat and any off-topic randomness can be sent over there and the fun can be had with no real harm falling down. Just a thought.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 00:59   Link #278
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As far as a "venting thread for randomness" might be effective, I must say that I'm not exactly convinced as the thread will have that purpose, which will give absolutely no restrain for complete overboard trend and whatnot, as result, chances it will turn into a chatroom are extremely high (which we already got the deal with other sub forums before). It might be a giant excuse to put anything that wouldn't be able to pass in any other thread (such like one liners, picture message, etc).

Until another moderator believes it has its usefulness, I will raise my disagreement about that (especially that we favor topics with specific and constructive purpose).
Old 2008-07-09, 03:03   Link #279
Captain Zechs

How about a favorite supporting character thread?

They have a lot of great ones, so I don't see why not.
Captain Zechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 03:20   Link #280
x81ublu8x
Names mean nothing

Send a message via MSN to x81ublu8x
Quote:
They probably aren't gonna be in the new poll.

Here's the list so far:
Anya should be on the new poll.
x81ublu8x is offline   Reply With Quote