AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-17, 18:40   Link #1
Cz
Needs more sleep~

IRC Anime Party - Old

It is summer time and it got me thinking about reviving the IRC anime party again. Details in the first post of the thread I just linked. NOTE: Details such as the time, venue and episodes will be changed if we go ahead with this plan. I am trying to get the previous participants as well as new and interested forum and IRC members to join. I am not repeating details available in that first thread until I am certain we are going ahead with this. So PLEASE do not ask questions that can be answered in the old thread.

To avoid having too many threads open for the party if we decide to continue, once the decision has been made I will reuse the old thread for party details (in the first post) and discussion for the party will reuse that thread as well. The links in this post will be removed and if possible I will get this thread closed by a mod.

Hopefully we will gather enough interested participants to make the party even better than before!
Old 2004-05-17, 18:43   Link #2
Imazul

I agree, that could be alot of fun!
The last ones were pretty fun with Air Master and FMA, with a good line-up of anime it should be popular and working.
Old 2004-05-17, 19:52   Link #3
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

May I be the first to suggest an anime?

Dogtato
Old 2004-05-17, 20:00   Link #4
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Wow!! a party! lwl12 you beat me to it this time buddy!!
Old 2004-05-17, 21:02   Link #5
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

WEEEEEE! ANIME PARTY IS BACK!! I WAS WAITING FOR IT ^__^!!

(how do you like my new av and sig? xD THNX BIO)
Old 2004-05-17, 21:46   Link #6
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Heh I only went to the anime party like... 2 times i think. I had a hard time getting the times right. Im not sure if I will be able to unless you guys plan on doing it around 6PM + *GMT -8* If you guys go around that time Ill be sure to join in ^_^

*wasnt there a sunday anime party thread too?
Old 2004-05-17, 22:38   Link #7
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
I could (and would!) attend most Sundays this summer if the plan goes through. Any time works for me. ^_^
Old 2004-05-17, 22:38   Link #8
HoboGod
Necromancer

yea, that brings back memories... it was damn fun until people stopped showing up.

i dunno, i might think about joining this one too... i'm not promising to idle on irc again... but this might be fun.
Old 2004-05-18, 00:33   Link #9
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
this would be so much better if it was a thread on the forum :P

then it would be recorded forever and ever! (at least till it crashes )

if i wasnt such an IRC noob i would join in. just depends when and where

thanks for alerting us to this

but... would it not make more sense just to stick it in your siggy, so everyone can see it anywhere? (spoiler tag)

(on the other hand, you can do both)
Old 2004-05-18, 00:52   Link #10
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Hobobaggins, in response to your post:

1) Many of us IRC regulars keep logs of the chat during the anime party. We used to post the logs up for everyone to view and download.
2) I do not use sigs, and I have it turned off. Furthermore, keeping the number of participants small is a good thing. You cannot follow chats with many people over IRC.
Old 2004-05-18, 01:18   Link #11
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
This sounds fun, I wasn't around the forum when you guys did it last time. Does anyone know what time it will be at on sundays?
Old 2004-05-18, 02:27   Link #12
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Hobobaggins, in response to your post:

1) Many of us IRC regulars keep logs of the chat during the anime party. We used to post the logs up for everyone to view and download.
2) I do not use sigs, and I have it turned off. Furthermore, keeping the number of participants small is a good thing. You cannot follow chats with many people over IRC.
Ya, the turnouts were usually like 4-7 ppl if i remember correctly
Old 2004-05-18, 07:26   Link #13
wao
OK.

I'm intere-.... oh wait, sorry, I'm not supposed to be doing these things XD

Actually, if it's for the week after next I'll be relatively free. Then again, it's probably for only one or two individual days.... because after that my eldest brother's getting married and then I'm going overseas for 2 weeks.

Is it ok to just join in once? I guess so, right... I suggest we watch Melody of Oblivion. Lots to comment about :P
Old 2004-05-18, 07:47   Link #14
ato
Oups...

Hmmm. I might just drop by... Depending a lot on when the party is. Please remember that there are quite a lot of people from Europe and the Far East that like these things, when you decide the time

Also, I prefer to watch a suitably bad series, since corrosive commentary really can elevate the amusement in watching that kind of stuff. Maybe "Cosprayers" is inane enough to be slaughterd with great glee?

Last edited by ato; 2004-05-18 at 11:23.
Old 2004-05-18, 08:53   Link #15
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
May I be the first to suggest an anime?

Dogtato
It has allready spread through irc (plus there's only two eps available, and they're short) :P
Old 2004-05-18, 10:14   Link #16
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
Hmmm. I might just drop by... Depending a lot on when the party is. Please remember that there are quite a lot of people from Europe and the Far East that like these things, when you decide the time
Deciding the time is always the hardest, as it always was before. I am thinking that instead of Sundays we should do it on Saturday evening U.S. time. Assuming people in Europe do not have to wake up early on Sunday they can join in, and people in the Far East can wake up early on Sunday morning to join the party. On the other hand, it might be better to have two sessions instead: one for the Americas and Europe, the other for Asia and/or Europe.

Quote:
Also, I prefer to watch a suitably bad series, since corrosive commentary really can elevate the amusement in watching that kind of stuff. Maybe "Cosprayers" is inane enough to be fun to slaughterd with great glee?
That show is bad, huh? I will put that on the list of suggested anime. Melody of Oblivion? Is that a series or a movie? wao, of course you can join the party anytime you want. The only problem is that you will miss the other episodes when you are not present, so you either have to catch up or join in halfway.

I will leave this thread open for a day or so before we start discussing time, venue and episodes.
Old 2004-05-18, 11:26   Link #17
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
Cz, or Rizel or whatever you want to be called, it's an awesome idea. Like lunchboxx, or erugif-noitca I wasn't here the last time you guys did it, I hope to join in this time ^__^

Last edited by Bun-kun; 2004-05-19 at 01:49.
Old 2004-05-19, 00:40   Link #18
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
Depending on how my schedule is, I could try and show up earlier on IRC. It all depends on what I have planned durring the weekend. Well, we shall see. Sunday evenings will work. Hopefully, we can all agree on a good group of anime series to follow.
Old 2004-05-19, 00:48   Link #19
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
Cool, a party. And it's all manual ( durr more work for me ). Sounds interesting.
Old 2004-05-19, 04:12   Link #20
wao
OK.

Melody of Oblivion is a series, only 3 eps are released so far, but they're soooo weird there is lot to talk about (endless amounts of giant talking babies from a small truck in episode 3, bull-busses...... etc.) Then again, it might be a bit too weird. I dunno :P

I can't wait to see the schedule. I'll probably catch up (or if it's really that bad I'l just join in halfway :P). Hopefully it's osmething I've watched.

EDIT: At this point of time it's such a pity that Paranoia Agent is licensed. That is such a wonderful mind-screwing anime to talk about...