AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-25, 00:14   Link #241
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Rozen Maiden is miles higher from this crap.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 00:23   Link #242
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Not really, for a 13 episode 12 minute series Final Approach was probably the best bishoujo game anime of the years 2004.

Beats W-wish, Hanihani, Wind ~A Breath of Heart~ in my opinion.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 07:51   Link #243
dannyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Not really, for a 13 episode 12 minute series Final Approach was probably the best bishoujo game anime of the years 2004.

Beats W-wish, Hanihani, Wind ~A Breath of Heart~ in my opinion.
Agreed. One of my favorite anime of all time.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 11:13   Link #244
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I actually liked it too. But I'm used to being told I'm an idiot because I like something that's not bandwagon-ish. I think this might be the only 12 minute episode series that I actually like well enough to want to see licensed (oops, forgot about Binchou-tan and REC). The only 12 minute episode bishoujo game conversion that I'd want to see licensed.
Old 2006-02-25, 11:16   Link #245
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Rozen Maiden is miles higher from this crap.
That's nice. I'm sure everyone appreciates your philosophical one liner that's backed up by arguements and proof.

Anyway, I liked this show, it's one of the better 12 minute series of 2004. What I dislike is people going guilty pleasure this, guilty pleasure that over this show. While it's not triple A material, it also isn't something you should proudly announce 'oh I'm so ashamed of admitting that I watched this show'. If you feel that it's such crappy show, then don't watch it and save yourself 160minutes and 1 minute of other people's time from reading your crappy review.

Of course, that was an off key rant in general about some of the people who viewed the show, not neccessary pretaining to the opinions in this thread
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 15:33   Link #246
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I watched the entire series. I like those chibi moments because they're always random and lightens up the serious mood.....oh wait, there's not much serious mood in here . Shizuka's pushy love is really admirable, she manage to break Ryo's will and eventually submit to her. Speaking of Ryo, his brother-sister complex is too high. Well, that's to be expected if you have a super cute sister like Akane
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 18:53   Link #247
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I watched the entire series. I like those chibi moments because they're always random and lightens up the serious mood.....oh wait, there's not much serious mood in here . Shizuka's pushy love is really admirable, she manage to break Ryo's will and eventually submit to her. Speaking of Ryo, his brother-sister complex is too high. Well, that's to be expected if you have a super cute sister like Akane

I wouldn't mind having a little sister like Akane
Old 2007-01-19, 06:57   Link #248
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Got to love those chibi moments. I enjoyed the comedy things & love the cuteness of the characters. Of all the female characters, I like Akane the most. And Haru is soooo damn COOOL!!! I like him better than Ryo. Men in Black vs Sailors - I'm on the MiB side.

Ep 8 is one of my favourites (where Akane got sick). Hahaha! "Switch to mode three"

Darn! Why does Akane has to be Ryo's sister? I would cheer for Akane x Ryo if they weren't sibling.
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 07:24   Link #249
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, the series was nice until the final episode. I mean, everyone besides the male lead were likeable to say the least But the final episode seemed too much of a reset.

However, calling it crap doesn't do justice to such a cute show. It was THE masterpiece of the century, and you can't compare it to anime of different genre, but for a harem comedy anime, it was one of the better ones.
Old 2007-01-19, 08:13   Link #250
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei View Post
Got to love those chibi moments. I enjoyed the comedy things & love the cuteness of the characters. Of all the female characters, I like Akane the most. And Haru is soooo damn COOOL!!! I like him better than Ryo. Men in Black vs Sailors - I'm on the MiB side.

Ep 8 is one of my favourites (where Akane got sick). Hahaha! "Switch to mode three"

Darn! Why does Akane has to be Ryo's sister? I would cheer for Akane x Ryo if they weren't sibling.
Well Akane seems to like her brother more than just siblings no? Akane is also my favorite here followed by Shizuka and Emiho. Speaking of Shizuka, I admire her effort on putting up with Ryo's stubborness
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2007-01-19, 09:51   Link #251
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Well, the series was nice until the final episode. I mean, everyone besides the male lead were likeable to say the least
Well, Ryo is not my type of hero but he was better than some male leads. Still I like Haru the best.

Quote:
But the final episode seemed too much of a reset.
Don't mind about it much. It's still worthed to watch for its comedy things.

Quote:
However, calling it crap doesn't do justice to such a cute show. It was THE masterpiece of the century, and you can't compare it to anime of different genre, but for a harem comedy anime, it was one of the better ones.
I agree with you on that. It's better than Love Hina or Shuffle! IMO. It's not that I think Shuffle! is bad but the comedy<--->drama thing is a failure to me. No offense Shuffle! fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Well Akane seems to like her brother more than just siblings no? Akane is also my favorite here followed by Shizuka and Emiho. Speaking of Shizuka, I admire her effort on putting up with Ryo's stubborness
Yup, I do feel that Akane has some sort of crush on Ryo.

About Shizuka, yes, I also admire her. At first, she was trying to force herself to like Ryo but eventually fall in love with him later on. The story is quite simple but I'm touched by it. I like Emiho better than Shizuka. But when it came to pairing up with Ryo, I prefer Shizuka over Emiho. Yurika is nice too. Miki is just ok, I guess.
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 12:27   Link #252
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Yurika isn't available anymore because she belongs to Haru Shizuka and Ryo really make a wonder couple...though they make a rowdy couple IMO.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2007-03-19, 18:42   Link #253
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Bumping this thread because I finally finished collecting all of the Limited Edition DVDs last month. That means more scans for you. Enjoy!

Spoiler for DVD Box Illustration:
Spoiler for Postcards:
Spoiler for Cardboard Standies:
Incidentally, the LE DVDs each also come with a special one-hour radio show called "Miyu-Miyu & Daisuke's Love-Love Approach" (hosted by the VAs for Akane (Miya Matsuki) and Ryo (Daisuke Kishio). The radio show proves one main thing: those voice actors are batshit insane. Of course, we already knew that Ryo's VA was insane, because he also plays Suginami.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching the show again on DVD. It may be short, but I thought it was a lot of fun. Plus, of course, I really like Aoi Nishimata's character designs, so that helps too.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 23:07   Link #254
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

do you have the PS2 games? i was curious about those.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 08:44   Link #255
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Aoi Nishimata did the original character designs? It hit me like a rock when I see Primula and Sia look-alikes staring back at me. XD Man, I feel so stupid not knowing that till now, since I remember this was one of the better shows during that time period.

As for me, I liked EmihoXRyo the best here. I really thought that Ryo being meddleome with Emiho's love life was not because he's against omiais but really because he likes her, but I guess I was wrong (won't be the first nor the last time I read the clues wrong lol). Not that I have anything against Shizuka (IMO, she looks loads better than Emiho, who looks rather plain), but as a couple I'll always prefer Emiho for Ryo.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 08:47   Link #256
Cyz
"Show it to me"

No chibi pictures? Those chibi moments make this anime really adorable (aside for the really cute non chibi females)
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2007-03-23, 11:15   Link #257
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I hated the ending. What can I say? The girl was lying to him, and forcing herself on him through-out the series. It was just a bad start for me, so I was never able to get to like the main girl. Any of the other girls I would have been fine with, but not her.

(Sorry this post is so short but I spent an hour and a half on the phone with my girlfriend real early this morning so I'm still waking up)
Old 2007-03-25, 19:49   Link #258
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I pretty much agree with you justinstrife. That's how I felt as well, another girl forcing herself into Ryo's life and all that. I was more disappointed with the joke of a final episode we were treated with though. I mean, sure I don't like Shizuka, but these "everybody wins" harem endings are even worse.

I'd have to say I enjoyed Hani Hani ~Operation Sanctuary~ quite a bit more than Final Approach. The main thing is I haven't really seen an anime that successfully delivers its story within the confines of 12 minutes/per episode, without it being some episodic/gag show like Galaxy Angel or Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu. Galaxy Angel was perfect for that format. I think 12 minutes is just too small for romance/drama.
Old 2007-03-25, 21:55   Link #259
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
I pretty much agree with you justinstrife. That's how I felt as well, another girl forcing herself into Ryo's life and all that. I was more disappointed with the joke of a final episode we were treated with though. I mean, sure I don't like Shizuka, but these "everybody wins" harem endings are even worse.

I'd have to say I enjoyed Hani Hani ~Operation Sanctuary~ quite a bit more than Final Approach. The main thing is I haven't really seen an anime that successfully delivers its story within the confines of 12 minutes/per episode, without it being some episodic/gag show like Galaxy Angel or Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu. Galaxy Angel was perfect for that format. I think 12 minutes is just too small for romance/drama.
I agree with you whole-heartedly. I also enjoyed Hani Hani alot, though the 13th episode to me was a joke, as it basically made an alternate ending, and I couldn't finish watching it.

I'm trying to wrack my brain on what shows I've seen that fit this format, that I enjoyed, but I can't say too many come ot mind. There just isn't enough there to really fill the story with characters you can relate to, and who grow throughout the story in a like-able way.
Old 2007-03-25, 22:12   Link #260
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'm trying to wrack my brain on what shows I've seen that fit this format, that I enjoyed, but I can't say too many come ot mind. There just isn't enough there to really fill the story with characters you can relate to, and who grow throughout the story in a like-able way.
Well, there aren't that many in this format to begin with (13 x 12 minutes). I guess I just liked how this show kept things pretty fun and simple - sure, it wasn't all that groundbreaking, and you knew where things were going overall, but I still enjoyed it. Then again, I came to like Shizuka as the show went on, so maybe that helped. And I took the final episode mostly as harmless omake fun. So, I guess it's just a matter of taste, as is everything.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, drama, princess soft, romance, zexcs