AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-13, 18:37   Link #861
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanimevids3000 View Post
Just curious, what chapter could I find that ? If you happen to know?
Chapter 6, as someone has pointed out to me.

Spoiler for Episode 2: Driving into Your Home:
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 19:26   Link #862
iceyfw

hmm. manglobe is getting pretty creative with the OP and ED for this anime. i am sure those with feet fetishes are enjoying the ED
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 19:57   Link #863
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

^^^^^
And of course we gotta have the obligatory examples

Spoiler for Let me teach you something good:

Also, LOL PEANUTS
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 20:03   Link #864
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Voicework was great this week. Barely see anyone grumbling about Shimono today. Ito Kanae's doing great bringing out Elci's idiosyncrasies .
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 20:03   Link #865
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Episode was good overall, but the quality seems to have taken a nosedive...

Well, this is just what bothers me. Why bother breaking for an entire cour like that? It doesn't make sense.
You're complaining about the quality going down and than complain about a cour break, good god man think about it... the reason you see a lot shitty animated episodes and recaps in 2 cour series is because they can't keep up the schedule and something has to give.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 20:07   Link #866
tsunade666

well most likely they gotten tired of it or get used to it. And my manly tears for the bath scene was deleted well aside from that isn't that pictures from the manga?

ah my most favorite among all the girls mio finally shows up. I'm shaking with excitement and my brain is fried for the next episode.
Old 2010-10-13, 20:30   Link #867
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Is this series only gonna get 12/13 episodes for it's adaptation? I seriously think it should get more than that since the manga is such a hit being 100+ chapters and all. Regardless, there's probably a good chance we'll see more seasons.

Anyway, the first episode seemed extremely rushed trying to squeeze the first capture into 20 minutes and the romantic attraction seemed incredibly spontaneous, but with the 2nd episode I find they slowed down the pace to a more sensible speed and managed to throw in some character development without jumping directly into a successful capture. 2-3 episodes per arc is a lot more sensible.

Also the parody of the Charlie Brown art-style at the beginning of the 2nd episode was so nostalgic.~ =)
Old 2010-10-13, 20:40   Link #868
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
So, wait: Elsie ruined a marriage just to stay with Keima? Or were the parents not close to begin with?
The answer is yes, she ruined their marriage. However it seems he's one of those "always on business trips" father so I can't imagine they were that close in the first place.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 21:15   Link #869
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Second episode was paced much better than the first, for a moment I was worried that they would skip certain scenes, but I'm glad it's just harmless rearrangement. Both main character VAs were awesome in their roles with Shimono being more over-the-top-keima-like and Kanae being unbelievable adorable I wasn't that into Elsie in the manga, I mean sure she was cute but in a comedy sort of way. In the anime however, she was just down right adorable with that voice
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 21:24   Link #870
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Oh god the Charlie Brown laughing at the beginning killed me.

Also bathroom scene was good, El has a yummy tummy.

Shiro must love the ending.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 22:14   Link #871
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Fantastic episode! I LOVE Elsea! This series has been graced with the largest assembly of all likable characters, but Elsea is still the best! So uber cute! And Keima is the most awesome hero (or "partner" LOL) I've seen in a very long time! Hahaha!

Last edited by khryoleoz; 2010-10-13 at 22:27.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 22:26   Link #872
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who immediately noticed the Charlie Brown laughing. (Now that I think about it, I wonder whether the Charlie Brown cartoons are as well known among Japanese anime fans as they would be among the English-speaking crowd?)

Other than that, there were a number of nice scenes this episode. I think my favourite was Elsie's reactions when Keima was rehearsing the various confession lines. Appropriately enough, the new heroine this time sort of reminds me of one of my favourite heroines in a game I've played, but won't say that I can see the ending quite yet.
Old 2010-10-13, 22:36   Link #873
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Episode was good overall, but the quality seems to have taken a nosedive...
Well, I didn't really notice it myself, but a couple of days back, there was some tweeter thing where a person said two animators (artists, whatever) were removed from the team of an anime that airs today... Whether that refers to this or not, whether it is true or not, I don't know.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 22:48   Link #874
pampz21
ShipCore

the episodes has great pacing its mostlikely the greatest thing about the anime for us who has been reading the manga....( I already read the manga 2 times and nvr got bored of it!) cuz all the comedy is on filler chapters! now lets see about the capture routes?.... My Guess 2 episode with one filler chapter at the ending? well I guess 1 episode for Mio's route cuz the title of the episode says it all!
"I don't want to spoil the party! Drive my car~" so I don't want to spoil the party so go buy the manga~! and lets buy dvd and merchandise~

Let go to Kami Land!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 22:50   Link #875
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Btw, about shocking plot development, TWGoKs will have some real shocks, but it will be really later on
That sounds very intriguing... I haven't read the manga, so I'll just watch now with anticipation

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The thing that struck me (and again, I have no familiarity with the source) is that doing this in games is one thing, but after a while of doing this in real life it's really going to start grating on him. He's going to have to keep seeing these girls every day with his memories intact (even though theirs are gone). It'll also be a problem when he finds "the one", I imagine. Anyway, that's probably a long ways off.
Yes, with his memory intact and the girsl always forgetting everything, it might not be that easy. I seriously doubt however that he'll me "the one" as one of those girls. Rather, he might need her at the end, and the experiences he made with the other girls before help him conquer her. Or, he could pick his favourite from all the girls at the end and then try to conquer her again. Finally of course, he could also fall for Elsie (she's cute enough) and try to conquer her.
Old 2010-10-13, 22:54   Link #876
Midonin
Last Engage

While I'm more of an OPs/EDs/character songs kind of guy, I can always be a bearer of good news.

OST releases 12/22.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 22:56   Link #877
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Yes, with his memory intact and the girsl always forgetting everything, it might not be that easy. I seriously doubt however that he'll me "the one" as one of those girls. Rather, he might need her at the end, and the experiences he made with the other girls before help him conquer her. Or, he could pick his favourite from all the girls at the end and then try to conquer her again. Finally of course, he could also fall for Elsie (she's cute enough) and try to conquer her.
Yeah, falling for Elsie would probably make sense and even be natural in a way because she'll be by his side through everything and know what he's been through. Plus, as even he pointed out, they're starting to form a bond with each other due to their circumstances, and that will necessarily draw them closer. His almost "tsundere" attitude towards her (I know it isn't really that) was also rather interesting. If the roles were reversed, I'd almost say she's slowly working at capturing his heart too. Of course this would bring its own share of challenges, with her being a demon and all....

(And all you manga readers, don't you dare say a word. I don't want to know who the manga hints his true love will be or what will happen in the second season... )
Old 2010-10-13, 23:33   Link #878
Raiga
tl;dr

Someone mentioned this earlier I think, but wow Keima looks more ripped than I'd expect a gamer geek to look. I mean, wtf those pecs... o__O

Elsie scene transitions were the best part. Also, seeing the chibis animated made them ten times more adorable.

Spoiler:

Also, totally didn't notice Mio had the extra scarf-thingy around her neck, that's not part of the standard uniform.
Old 2010-10-13, 23:35   Link #879
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I knew Yuuki Aoi was supposed to be in this episode, but kept waiting until the end without being sure I'd heard her -- and then saw her name in the credits playing Mio. It's clear now that I listen to it again, but I even heard hints of Koshimizu Ami there.

As a poster on Yuuki-san's 2channel thread said about this episode, there are three kinds of seiyuus:
1. Those who succeed or fail by the special features of their natural voice.
2. Those who have ordinary voices, but succeed or fail by their acting ability.
3. Those who succeed or fail by using many voices.
And Yuuki can do all three. As other posters said, this is one time where she is giving us a standard type of voice, rather than embellishing it with her personal flavours. But just to correct the balance, one poster called her a jack of all trades and master of none. I think there's something to that, too: she keeps experimenting and learning.

I think Shimono Hiro is doing a great job. There's lots of force in his portrayal. I find Itou Kanae's voice too ordinary, but that's probably my fault, and her portrayal here is clear and consistent.

The standard tropes that kept popping up in ep2 put me off, but the main thread, and the sharp relationship between the leads, is working very well.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-10-13 at 23:56.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 23:42   Link #880
Clarste
Human

I don't think the captures really hit their stride until the 4th or so, but the dynamic between the leads should hopefully hold us off until then.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen