AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 9 16.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 23.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 5.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-21, 02:41   Link #41
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I thought that the story of Henneko Episode 2 and this would totally put me at a downer mood for the rest of the day. But I managed to understand Kaori's motives behind her actions, although it may be interpreted as bitchy behavior.

Kaori and Saori are simply total equal opposites to each other. Saori is distant to others due to her fear of men and her sheer timidness, while Kaori appears distant to everyone else due to simply being a free spirit — the kind of person who wouldn't stay at the same place doing the same thing at the same time. Kaori plans to change Saori's social problems, but she also needed to make a compromise in not allowing her support to affect both of their lives in the process.

In the end, Saori, who began to cherish socializing with others, found it betraying that everyone let go of their bonds in a snap of a finger. (Saori was probably reminded of this when Kirino went abroad without telling anyone about it.)

The actions Kaori made were kinda selfish, I admit, but it was brave of her to risk losing her beloved Saori so that her heart would be stronger when times like this arrive. Fortunately, she now has her bonds with Kirino, Kyousuke and Kuroneko to hold on to.

Honestly, as an avid fan of anime and manga, I find myself relating very much to Saori's situation. Reality would remind us that the 3D world is always at higher priority than 2D, but that doesn't mean that we have to just throw away the bonds that we have with people that we have met through anime. I think I was really hit hard by this episode, haha.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-04-21, 03:58   Link #42
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Kugyu's star power seems to have somewhat waned. Her new roles seem to be limited mostly to side characters. It was a good performance in this episdoe though.

I can relate to the glasses motif since I wear quite a large pair myself, and I feel naked without them. (Practically blind too.)

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2013-04-21, 04:12   Link #43
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

This episode was everything that I've wished from the 2nd season. Everything was just perfect and I hope that the creators will keep it up till the last, 15th episode.
Old 2013-04-21, 05:19   Link #44
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
This was a very nice laid back episode, that touched on the very large threat that as time goes on bonds CAN very well be tested with the passage of time and once "Real life" starts to run it's course.

As someone who's own old close circle of friends has also started to grow increasingly distant, I was TOTALLY able to relate to Saori's feelings of betrayal at how everyone just went their separate ways and weren't as close as before, but as Kaori said when Saori confronted her about it her words of "IT CAN'T BE HELPED." it's like I can feel how devastating those words can be...

Though I do kinda think this kind of episode would have been more appropriate as an OVA or an extra episode. >_<
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2013-04-21, 06:56   Link #45
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Rewatched it...
And interesting...

A sketch of Nightmare~chan spotted.

So I think that the ongoing rumours about Ganma's identity is true.
Old 2013-04-21, 08:59   Link #46
SidVicious
Anime addict

More Saori!
Old 2013-04-21, 13:53   Link #47
kobester11

[mod edit: remove spoiler]

Yeah, this ep is kinda boring and I know it's for character development but yeah. It's like nothing happened. If this story would be a kind-of support for the succeeding episodes, or will become a major plot device, I could've given a much higher rating.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-21 at 22:13.
Old 2013-04-21, 15:01   Link #48
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I knew Saori was tall, but damnnnn this girl is huge...not just in height either.

Although it was akward how they suddenly jumped into this little episode I was glad they finally talking about Saori's past.
Old 2013-04-21, 15:40   Link #49
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Now that I think about it, this episode puts into perspective what Saori felt in episode 13 of the first season, with how Kirino left without telling anyone but her family.
Old 2013-04-21, 22:23   Link #50
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Kugimiya Rie as the older sister of Tamura Yukari ?! I don't know how to feel
And both did Iori from the iDOLM@STER.

Damm, that was a wonderful episode. It was a very interesting backstory and all the crazy connections we got to see. I wonder if Ruri will find out that Kanata wrote Maschera? Well hopefully we'll see it.
Old 2013-04-22, 13:03   Link #51
calorie

The highlight for me was "Pretty Garden". What an otaku safe haven, one could spend days there without ever being bored (dem figurine filled shelves and consoles).

Saori's story wasn't all that interesting to watch but I couldn't say I saw it coming either. It was decent however, and it's nice to finally have Saori's identity revealed.
Old 2013-04-23, 04:41   Link #52
Qikz

After playing the first game on PSP I've been almost begging for them to finally show ojou-sama Saori in anime form and god did they not dissapoint <333
Old 2013-04-23, 21:25   Link #53
GalacticPulsar

so near the end of this episode of oreimo,it is implied that kyousuke has met kanata before. Where in season 1 was this shown? Furthermore Kirino does not recognize kanata but Kyousuke does. So kyousuke knows kanata but kirino doesn't?
Old 2013-04-23, 21:26   Link #54
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Kanata's never appeared in season 1.
Old 2013-04-23, 22:17   Link #55
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Based on Kanata's dialogue, we can assume that they did meet Kanata, as Yamanashi Ganma of course, off-screen on ep 4 season 1. Saori asked which artist Kirino wanted to meet, and Yamanashi Ganma is one of them.
Spoiler for picture from said episode:

Kanata never appeared on that episode (and maybe she was wearing disguise there so Kirino and Kyousuke didn't realize it was her on current episode) but I think the booth where Kyousuke is shocked reading Meruru doujin on booth that has a maid, is Kanata's booth.
Spoiler for reason, comparison with PSP (and LN?):
Old 2013-04-24, 10:20   Link #56
Archmage1809

I have a question. Saori or Kanata is older? Or they're the same?
Old 2013-04-24, 10:41   Link #57
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmage1809 View Post
I have a question. Saori or Kanata is older? Or they're the same?
Kanata is definetely older than Saori. Probably same age as Kaori.
IIRC Kaori is 7 years older than Saori...
Old 2013-04-24, 10:42   Link #58
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm fairly certain Kanata's older. Saori is still attending school, so...
Old 2013-04-26, 05:27   Link #59
Kyuu
=^^=

Why didn't anyone tell me about Saori in this episode? I would have watched it sooner!
Old 2013-04-28, 00:24   Link #60
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
what is it with guys who wanted to became a dark prince type something-something character these days in their chuuni forms?
which probably inspired the modern day version such as Lelouch Vi Britannia
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Closed Thread