AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-25, 14:47   Link #21
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Nice post but. If it isn't for Kaname. Zero would be long dead ages ago. Be thankful or else this manga would have ended like w/in 4 volumes or so.

EDIT: Oh yeah I'm not a KanamexYuuki fanboy. For all I care Yuuki can just chase Zero(like what she always do) and tell him she loves him and all that crap. Ruka or Seiren is the one for Kaname. Don't diss him. He's the only character in this trainwreck series who knows what he needs to do enable to secure the one he loves and himself. Everything just lands on the palm of his hands. Kaname's lucky. lol.
Meh, I just wrote something to this argument in another thread but to basically sum up, it's not a bad thing to be slightly disappointed in a character once in a while. But don't misinterpret disappointment of a certain action to complete disliking of a character. So don't get me wrong, I've been defending Kaname for the past little while - so I'm not one to dislike him nor do I dislike Zero. In fact, I like them both because there are both good and not so good points to their characters - and when you have that contradicting feeling to a character, it means the characters were well made because they are more realistic this way.

Just because I like a character does not mean that I won't accept the fact that the character I like may have some faults that I may not agree with. And this is what I am doing here, expressing my disappointment in some of his actions but supporting him in others. That goes for Zero too.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-25, 16:01   Link #22
zetsubousensei
zoku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
In fact, I like them both because there are both good and not so good points to their characters - and when you have that contradicting feeling to a character, it means the characters were well made because they are more realistic this way.

Just because I like a character does not mean that I won't accept the fact that the character I like may have some faults that I may not agree with. And this is what I am doing here, expressing my disappointment in some of his actions but supporting him in others. That goes for Zero too.
Excellent point. It is in but the flaws of a character that makes them realistic to us!
Imagine, a perfect Kaname (mind you, in the beginning we had the impression that Kaname was perfect and all noble and humble, until we saw his 'darker' side) or a perfect Zero, we would loose interest in the characters themselves. Because they are too perfect. I haven't read the manga for about 2 months now, but I was up to date until then, but I think others may or may not agree with me on that statement. Like Sophocles said (in context to creating a character for a tragedy, but I think I can use this point here as well), in order to develop a true and deep character, they must have flaws. Perhaps this is why we are all so drawn to this story and its characters.

Personally, I am a Zero fan, I just think he is a beautiful character in all aspects.
Old 2008-04-25, 23:30   Link #23
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubousensei View Post
Excellent point. It is in but the flaws of a character that makes them realistic to us!
Imagine, a perfect Kaname (mind you, in the beginning we had the impression that Kaname was perfect and all noble and humble, until we saw his 'darker' side)
The very first scene we saw of him was puncturing someone's neck with his own arm, so i would have hard time to have the "noble and humble" impression of him Well, he is noble indeed, but he never seemed humble to me. His demeanor, while polite, feels quite commandeering at the same time. He looks and talks polite, but at the same time sets off all the warning signals not to test that
Old 2008-04-27, 05:42   Link #24
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
The very first scene we saw of him was puncturing someone's neck with his own arm, so i would have hard time to have the "noble and humble" impression of him Well, he is noble indeed, but he never seemed humble to me. His demeanor, while polite, feels quite commandeering at the same time. He looks and talks polite, but at the same time sets off all the warning signals not to test that
Spoiler for Manga Spoiler:

And B/c He So Polite I Loved Him
Old 2008-04-28, 09:37   Link #25
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post

And B/c He So Polite I Loved Him
Spoiler for major manga spoiler:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-04-28, 09:43   Link #26
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Spoiler for major manga spoiler:
Old 2008-04-28, 09:56   Link #27
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

Seeing all theese manga spoilertags, makes me want to read the manga xD

On Topic, I like the Kaname Character, he looks like he could be the evil guy someplace in the back of his head xD
Old 2008-04-28, 10:01   Link #28
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

lol...Really You Should Read it...You Gonna Find Many Thing Gonna Surprise you About Kaname-Senpai And The Other ..^.^
Old 2008-04-28, 17:04   Link #29
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
Ok I find Kaname -senpai as hot as his "hellish" eyes . I really think that he is a very important character in the whole series...First of all Zero would be dead by now if Kaname hadn't saved him and secondly he's a main character. He plays an important role in the development of the story. The only thing that I really REALLY do hope for is that Yuuki will end up with him.
Old 2008-04-30, 18:09   Link #30
Kaijin
かいじん

I'm glad Kaname is getting some love in this thread. I saw so much dislike for him in the other threads that I wanted to cry...well maybe not literally, but I love this character so seeing him being so misunderstood (especially by anime watchers who disliked His Royal Sexiness from episode 1 was really mind-boggling).
Studio Deen just needs to start drawing him as beautiful as he is in the manga, cause some shots of him make me cringe...it's sacrilegious!!!
Old 2008-05-01, 13:32   Link #31
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I like Kaname, better than Emo Zero. (b '_' )b

And Aidou needs to be bitch slapped some more, XP
Old 2008-05-01, 15:32   Link #32
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I like Kaname, better than Emo Zero. (b '_' )b

And Aidou needs to be bitch slapped some more, XP
I enjoy the bitch-slapping alot
lol xD

GO KANAME!
Old 2008-05-02, 08:25   Link #33
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Aidou is a very funny character. But he is a lot funnier with Kaname’s backhand influence.

Kaname is a G! Enough said.
Old 2008-05-03, 05:40   Link #34
ZzMichaelzZ

Kaname sure is better than zero

that monster that can't controll himself =P
Old 2008-05-03, 09:11   Link #35
Razziell22

I don’t really like Kaname character archetype in triangles like this.
Old 2008-05-03, 13:19   Link #36
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
I love him.For me he is 'perfect' bishounen.Because his hair is long,cold,and kind
Old 2008-05-05, 05:46   Link #37
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
same!!!
i really like Kaname but i don't hate Zero
everytime i read or watch which had Kaname i will screaming
he's looks so handsome and great
Old 2008-05-05, 06:08   Link #38
Yonaka-Mikuzuki

it is true, even though I like Zero better, I don't hate Kaname. It's really hard to hate any ot the characters (other than Ruka -cough-) but Kaname has the kind, protective guard over Yuuki, which shows his love and compassion towards her life, soul and not wanting her to get killed. Plus, he acts kind also towards all those Day Class "fan girls" while Zero just shoos them away with oblivion
Old 2008-05-05, 09:37   Link #39
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
yeah
that's why i can't hate each of them (Kaname and Zero)
they two have their good personality
Old 2008-05-06, 23:30   Link #40
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Being a guy the guys dont appeal to me as in "zomg their hawt" or w/e.
but I "prefer" Kaname out of Zero and Kaname. he's way too just "calm and collected"
reminds me of myself, just so calm and doesn't say much

and I dont think he's neccesarily "evil"
i mean he says he is.....but still......i think he prolly has a good heart in there somewhere
Zero is cool too dont get me wrong, but I think kaname is cooler
kaname and ruka are actually my 2 top fav characters in the series neways

Last edited by MercFH; 2008-05-06 at 23:43.
Closed Thread