AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-04, 16:48   Link #381
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
The real Ikasei-jin

Spoiler for Cover your eyes!:
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 01:43   Link #382
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

the school invasion....the alien spoofs...Ika chan simply kills me XD

And I wonder just what IS her actual lifespan...
Old 2010-11-05, 03:09   Link #383
Thoguht

Well, a real squid would generally have a lifespan of 1-3 years, depending on the species. Some very small ones live for a lot less than 1 year, and maybe the giant squid can live longer than 3 years but nobody really knows for sure.

In general, the smaller an animal is the shorter its lifespan will tend to be, so mini Ika Musume should have a shorter lifespan than her larger counterpart. That means the full-sized version will have many centuries in which to conquer the world
Thoguht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 03:10   Link #384
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Nah. Mini-Ika still wins. Ika MILF isn't so bad though. XD

...does anyone have a Mini-Ika icon dancing? Soooo adorable. 0_0
Old 2010-11-05, 03:32   Link #385
PzIVf3

ALRIGHT
Ohhh.....

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2010-11-05 at 04:06.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 09:18   Link #386
Tatakae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I'm probably being inconsiderable towards older people but it was really funny yet kind of odd how the director didn't react abnormally when he got caught by some unknown tentacle existances by a stranger who doesn't wear her uniform and thus can't be a student obviously (bad eyes?). Not to mention his life got threatened.
Heh, I just realized that the voice actor of the principal is the same voice actor who played the extremely calm principal in Urusei Yatsura a couple of decades ago. That's a nice reference to one of the biggest anime classics
Tatakae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 09:41   Link #387
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
ALRIGHT
Ohhh.....

The best part of that second image is the "Chitty Chitty Gon Gon: Wonderful Car" VW Bug poster!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 19:14   Link #388
Straykat

Quote:
Heh, I just realized that the voice actor of the principal is the same voice actor who played the extremely calm principal in Urusei Yatsura a couple of decades ago.
I"M NOT the ONLY one who thought that, YAY!
I was like, "hey, I know that voice. No way, lolol. Where's kotatsuneko?!"
Straykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 20:18   Link #389
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoguht View Post
Well, a real squid would generally have a lifespan of 1-3 years, depending on the species. Some very small ones live for a lot less than 1 year, and maybe the giant squid can live longer than 3 years but nobody really knows for sure.

In general, the smaller an animal is the shorter its lifespan will tend to be, so mini Ika Musume should have a shorter lifespan than her larger counterpart. That means the full-sized version will have many centuries in which to conquer the world
Well the super long lifespan does make sense. Since it's Sanae's dream she would want Ika to live for a long time. While at the same time never really changing so she can stay in that cute state forever .

But who knows how long Ika's real lifespan is. Maybe she's just immortal .
Old 2010-11-05, 21:39   Link #390
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 5 was again wonderful, Part a, was pretty cool, introducing Cyndy, she had Ika convinced for a bit, but the shrimp lured her back to her senses. Part B. was funny, so does that mean summer is over? I guess I thought the show would take place over the course of a summer, though its good to see otherwise. Part C. while I guessed from the beginning it was a dream, didn't know it was Sanae's, nor did I expect that eye misting scene near the end, it was a very cute segment, subtitled or not, I need to show people this amazing show.
Old 2010-11-06, 06:16   Link #391
Zear

Last segment was beautifully crafted. They expose you to a developing relationship that you eventually grow fond of. Without your knowledge the bond really pulls you in. Then with a sudden shift in mood and even a slight warning, it absolutely crushes you because you realize what was lost. All in 7 mins ... wow. Then they pull you back to reality, relieved, but you can't help but let that dream stick with you.

I didn't expect that at all from this anime. I already liked it ... but ... REALLY!?
Zear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 14:10   Link #392
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragma View Post
I don't generally comment on shows but ep5 made me more angry than just about any episode of an anime in a while. Say what you will about the segment itself, but I turn to this show for lighthearted humor and that part wasn't lighthearted or funny in the slightest. The phrase "out of place" doesn't fully capture what a bad idea this was.

Even without the misplaced ending to the segment, mini ika just doesn't work. Normal Ika works because, despite all the abuse she gets, she's not defenseless and she's a "person". Mini-ika being a pet seems like a bad call in the context of the abuse her full size counterpart gets every episode. Making her of sub-vocal intelligence is almost insulting.

If segments like this become a regular fixture, I can't see watching this show any longer. I don't need heavy downers in my gag show.
Sorry man, but you sound pretty damn selfish.

I think in any medium of entertainment people are allowed to stretch / flex their creative muscles, and 'Mini-Ika' was just an example of that. It was adorable, heart warming, and touching. The 'ending' did feel tacked on, but just because what came before it wasn't comical doesn't invalidate it being entertaining. Hell, I would rather watch a show about Mini-Ika, the show's passable humor is its only saving grace to me.

Just take it with a grain of salt really, no need to be offended / begin rallying the troops to protest, etc.

Edit:

Holy shit I would let adult Ika invade me alllllllllllllllllll day.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 14:58   Link #393
Midonin
Last Engage

I do look forward to seeing Cyndi again. It's because of her that the greatest mystery of the universe is being further probed - who are the Overlords of the UFO?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 16:18   Link #394
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
I thought we already knew they were the Ummo.
Old 2010-11-06, 22:41   Link #395
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Sorry man, but you sound pretty damn selfish.

I think in any medium of entertainment people are allowed to stretch / flex their creative muscles, and 'Mini-Ika' was just an example of that. It was adorable, heart warming, and touching. The 'ending' did feel tacked on, but just because what came before it wasn't comical doesn't invalidate it being entertaining. Hell, I would rather watch a show about Mini-Ika, the show's passable humor is its only saving grace to me.

Just take it with a grain of salt really, no need to be offended / begin rallying the troops to protest, etc.

Edit:

Holy shit I would let adult Ika invade me alllllllllllllllllll day.
I think you just won this thread....

So Much Puns
Old 2010-11-06, 22:43   Link #396
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
I thought we already knew they were the Ummo.
I didn't think anyone would actually get that. A small success.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 09:13   Link #397
PzIVf3

PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 09:21   Link #398
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I know i should not complaint... but it's a pity that the scan is not good, quality-wise D:
Old 2010-11-07, 17:42   Link #399
wingman32x

Watched episodes 3-5. This is still a damn funny series. Loved the fake Ika episode. The one where she invaded the High School was funny as well. Although it kind of bothers me how they treat Ika sometimes. Leaving her at the shop with no food while they go home. I know it's nothing too big, but that kind of made me uneasy.

The little Ika segment was weird, but it was pretty good.

Like I said, this series is still pretty funny.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 18:08   Link #400
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, I don't know about no food - I mean, it is a restaurant! Seems like "no TV" is where it crossed the line into cruelty. But now it looks as if they've taken Ika in as a houseguest, so it's a moot point.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life