AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 30 44.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 29.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 8.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-21, 12:21   Link #61
LKK

The use of the OP music and the gorgeous animation of the books falling everywhere kicked this episode into the 10 rating. The first episode of the series to reach that level for me.

Question: This has probably been answered already, but I'll ask anyway. At the very end, when Keima was playing his game, the game girl asked "Will you come to see me again?" He clicked a response. Which button did he click? The Yes? Or the No button? I don't know the game pad, so I can't guess based on its location.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-12-21, 15:50   Link #62
Seihai
スマイリウム

Well, in the scene the 'Yes' was the last choice to light up yellow, and if you go from a Japanese PSP's standard, he was hitting the confirm button there. So it's safe to assume he did go for 'Yes'. However it's still ambiguous enough to say otherwise. Though looking at the situation and Keima's nature it's still reasonable to hit 'Yes' anyway, including for capturing the 2D girl at that time so it makes more sense in the end.

P.S.: Taking another look at that ingame girl, she looks like a mix between Shiori (hair style) and Suzumiya Haruhi (the ribbons being yellow, the hair color and eye color brown, and the school uniform also having similarities).

Last edited by Seihai; 2010-12-21 at 16:01.
Old 2010-12-21, 18:08   Link #63
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

At the beginning of the episode, I found it surprising that Shiori had found the courage to barricade herself in the library - I wouldn't have expected that of her.
What they did well was showing Shiori's background. Overall though, the episode felt a little slow and flat, with not much happening, not even any comedic moments with Elsie or otherwise. 8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Meh, okay episode. I have one question: where was the romance? I thought she had to fall for him, it didn't feel like she had any special feelings.
Same here, the kiss seemed very aprupt. Keima enters the library through the roof, then only sits next to her playing on his Pfp, saying nothing and pretty much completely ignoring her. Why did he bother to come there in the first place if he's not doing anything to help her?
Only because the power goes off later, he talks a little bit, before Shiori disappears under the books.
He then pulls he out from under the books, then suddenly kisses her. It was as if Keima got impatient and was thinking: "Ok, this has been going on long enough already. Let's just skip all the 'Make the girl fall for you' stuff, kiss her right away and get this over with."

Quote:
I wonder why he has to press so many buttons when he is playing.
Found that very strange as well. I ould understand it with action games or fighters which require such button mashing, but not with the galge he plays all the time

Quote:
Second season has already been announced.
Good to hear that
I really hope they will have more arcs like Kanon's arc in the second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
However, considering that Keima was Shiori's sole emotional support throughout and the only one she could speak to
Support? Not really. He just sat there and played on his Pfp - supporting someone looks very different in my book. Also before, he only had little contact with her. I can't really see how she could've developed feelings for him from that little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ahh~ It's finally over. Glad this arc finally ended... No more focus on that crazy silent book-worshiper now.
The kiss was definitely abrupt. Then again, I prefer they just kiss and get everything over with than use another episode to properly develop to the kiss.
Yes, it was already a little slow as it was... they could've easily fit that into two episodes and put another girl into the last two.
Three was really the limit, dragging it on for a fourth episode would've been painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Why does an elementary school (kindergarten?) have such a big library...
For an elementary school alone it would've been very strange indeed. My guess it that it was an integrated school with elementary school, middle school and high school all in one place, and all using the same library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
ps: the psp ist THE LIGHT, i always wondered why Keima only play with a psp and not with e.g a nintendo, seems gal games are only for psp or? are their some license problems or underlining advertisement.
Wrong. Keima doesn't use Sony's Psp *at all*, he uses a completely different console, the PC FX Portable, a handheld version of the PC-FX by Nec (which is pretty much unknown outside of Japan). As galge are very wide-spread on the PC-FX, they would also be wide-spread on a portable version of it. (If it existed that is. It seems the author is a big PC-FX fan and thus thought up the PC-FX Portable for his series.)
Old 2010-12-21, 22:26   Link #64
Clarste
Human

The theme of the arc was "communication without dialog" so Keima sitting next to her not talking to her isn't really indicative of a lack of support. Just having someone else be there at all when she's doing her bold library protest thing is pretty strong. The "romance" nature of it is certainly a bit rushed, but romance was never the point (and will continue to not be the point).
Old 2010-12-22, 00:18   Link #65
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Wrong. Keima doesn't use Sony's Psp *at all*, he uses a completely different console, the PC FX Portable, a handheld version of the PC-FX by Nec (which is pretty much unknown outside of Japan). As galge are very wide-spread on the PC-FX, they would also be wide-spread on a portable version of it. (If it existed that is. It seems the author is a big PC-FX fan and thus thought up the PC-FX Portable for his series.)
PFP stands for "PlayField Portable". It's clearly spelled out multiple times in the manga, and is an obvious reference to the PSP, most clearly illustrated by the font design on the face of the console. And of course there's also the small matter of the PFP looking exactly like the PSP. There's even mention made from time to time of other (non-handheld) consoles, particularly the PlayField 3 (PF3), which only further cements the Sony reference.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-12-22 at 00:41.
Old 2010-12-22, 00:55   Link #66
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Who really IS right regarding the PFP reference? umm....=/
Old 2010-12-22, 03:51   Link #67
Kaos!

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...4&postcount=65

For those who are afraid of spoilers: Official name = Play Field Personal
(Then again, when the author himself has problems setting the official english names of H and Elsie, take this with a pinch of salt)

From what I understand, the name PCFX Portable was used by the mangaka only for the oneshot settings. (Do note that the word PFP or PCFX Portable was not mentioned in the oneshot).

I would say it's best not to be too particular on which device does PFP refers to, as it combines elements of both the appearance of Playstation Portable, and the policy towards consoles of NEK(Galgames...).

Last edited by Kaos!; 2010-12-22 at 03:57. Reason: Minor changes etc, and removing spoilers for some character
Old 2010-12-22, 03:54   Link #68
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
I would say it's best not to be too particular on which device does PFP refers to, as it combines elements of both the appearance of Playstation Portable, and the policy towards homebrew software of NEK.
This. Everything else is nitpicking.
Old 2010-12-22, 11:28   Link #69
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

"Nitpicking" my shiny metal ass. It looks like a PSP, it has "PFP" written the same way "PSP" is written in the same place as on a PSP, and shares two-thirds of its full name with the aforementioned PlayStation Portable. It's a frickin' Bland Name Product version of a PSP, plain and simple. Trying to find relations to some obscure NEC console is "nitpicking"...
Old 2010-12-22, 15:22   Link #70
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I can hardly see how Keima's gaming console is important...
Old 2010-12-22, 15:54   Link #71
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I can hardly see how Keima's gaming console is important...
As a gamer debate, it is.

The author probably chose the PSP wannabee because of Project Miku and a few other galge games on it. Sadly the NDS is quite cheap on that type of games... while giving plenty of the textual adventure (Phoenix, Wright, Layton, Hotel Dusk and so on).
He needed a modern console, with Internet capabilities and of course a portable design.
Only the PSP 3000 had all those features in 2009.

Notice he also indirectly critizes Sony, adding the still asked second analog stick, and a retractable keyboard, to his PFP.

Old 2010-12-22, 16:20   Link #72
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, wait until you guys see episode 12.
Old 2010-12-22, 21:43   Link #73
Kaos!

Quote:
"Nitpicking" my shiny metal ass. It looks like a PSP, it has "PFP" written the same way "PSP" is written in the same place as on a PSP, and shares two-thirds of its full name with the aforementioned PlayStation Portable. It's a frickin' Bland Name Product version of a PSP, plain and simple. Trying to find relations to some obscure NEC console is "nitpicking"...
Read through the omake again. The reason this whole confusion/debate started was because
1) PFP was created by NEK(This was not changed from the oneshot)
2) PFP in oneshot settings stands for PC FX Portable, but changed to Play Field Personal in the serialization,

Since these facts are straight from the omake, unless your saying it is non-canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
As a gamer debate, it is.

The author probably chose the PSP wannabee because of Project Miku and a few other galge games on it. Sadly the NDS is quite cheap on that type of games... while giving plenty of the textual adventure (Phoenix, Wright, Layton, Hotel Dusk and so on).
He needed a modern console, with Internet capabilities and of course a portable design.
Only the PSP 3000 had all those features in 2009.

Notice he also indirectly critizes Sony, adding the still asked second analog stick, and a retractable keyboard, to his PFP.
And a Virtual Boy Headgear to boot. Though I would say that belongs to Keima's own mod rather than the official headgear since it was not advertised in the omake.

Last edited by Kaos!; 2010-12-22 at 21:56.
Old 2010-12-22, 23:00   Link #74
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Read through the omake again. The reason this whole confusion/debate started was because
1) PFP was created by NEK(This was not changed from the oneshot)
2) PFP in oneshot settings stands for PC FX Portable, but changed to Play Field Personal in the serialization,

Since these facts are straight from the omake, unless your saying it is non-canon.

And a Virtual Boy Headgear to boot. Though I would say that belongs to Keima's own mod rather than the official headgear since it was not advertised in the omake.
Which omake?
Old 2010-12-22, 23:07   Link #75
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Which omake?
Volume 3, Cover page of the book. Usually the cover pages are where the settings of TWGOK are explained.

Copying over from my other post...

Spoiler for PFP Specifics from Volume 3:
Old 2010-12-22, 23:14   Link #76
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Author note
It's not S, it's F! It's called the PFP......!
I rest my case.
Old 2010-12-28, 14:08   Link #77
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Forgot to comment here sooner, but I felt the ending to Shiori's arc was well developed and supported and the use of the OP's full version during the episode was well done . Though I am still a bit torn on which girl's arc I liked more overall hmm..
MAL
Closed Thread