Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-17, 18:47   Link #821
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
no no Tomoko is a real hetero
She yearns for attention and companionship such that she'll do anyone.
Old 2013-09-17, 19:06   Link #822
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
But you have to see it from Tomoko's point of view. She managed to grow and develop in a way Tomoko never could, so it's perfectly human that, deep down, Tomoko is annoyed by what Yuu became. Tomoko feels like Yuu's rubbing it on her (which sometimes she does, literally).
I realize that. I also realize that Tomoko probably doesn't really think that Yuu is a "bitch." Which is why I'm not upset with Tomoko. I just don't particularly like hearing that word applied to Yuu, who's anything but. Tomoko knows that as well, deep down.
Old 2013-09-17, 19:09   Link #823
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
She yearns for attention and companionship such that she'll do anyone.
Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I realize that. I also realize that Tomoko probably doesn't really think that Yuu is a "bitch." Which is why I'm not upset with Tomoko. I just don't particularly like hearing that word applied to Yuu, who's anything but. Tomoko knows that as well, deep down.
regardless of the person as a Tomoko will not be "happy" she will think any other girl are "bitches" yes all the girls even those Tomoko know that they are not "real bitch" for example Yuu...
Old 2013-09-17, 20:16   Link #824
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

awwww.....that ending was cute.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-09-17, 20:55   Link #825
HandofFate

I think the manga slightly implies that Yuu is actually versed in 'bitch-like' activities.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 21:03   Link #826
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
re Yuu: in the manga it's MORE than implied that Yuu is a lot more worldly than she lets on.

Spoiler for Summer meeting:
Old 2013-09-17, 21:09   Link #827
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
re Yuu: in the manga it's MORE than implied that Yuu is a lot more worldly than she lets on.

Spoiler for Summer meeting:
So to make it simple Yuu has already had sex with her boyfriend... after we doubt and it is not a surprise because of its indirectly in the episode where Tomoko sends the test with 3 way Yuu chose response "3"
Old 2013-09-17, 23:00   Link #828
FateAnomaly

I feel that Tomoko is actually quite lucky as the people around her are actually pretty considerate of her. The problem is she thinks and do too much and yet too little at the same time. Her plan and ideas is totally impractical and weird. She could have just do the simple things like tidying her hair and getting some good rest to clear her eyebags.

She seems normal when she was a kid though. I wonder what changed her.

That festival coordinator sure is a kind person. She seems to understand what kind of person Tomoko is. If anyone can break Tomoko out of her shell it will be her.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 23:08   Link #829
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I feel that Tomoko is actually quite lucky as the people around her are actually pretty considerate of her. The problem is she thinks and do too much and yet too little at the same time. Her plan and ideas is totally impractical and weird. She could have just do the simple things like tidying her hair and getting some good rest to clear her eyebags.

She seems normal when she was a kid though. I wonder what changed her.

That festival coordinator sure is a kind person. She seems to understand what kind of person Tomoko is. If anyone can break Tomoko out of her shell it will be her.
this is true but do not forget her "shyness" ... so its full caratère girls might want to "friend-friend" with her if her character did is far from the girls ... I understand that kind of character and what that character Tomoko (because I too like her 200%) is not as easy to change ... the outside YES but inside NO, even if Tomoko has a strong motivation ...

for motivation yes she is motivated to be popular but that it will have more trust in it that is the big problem...
Old 2013-09-17, 23:39   Link #830
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

That was indeed a nice episode, and from what it looks like, the most talked about episode in this thread so far.

Interesting composition of those pics someone showed earlier in the thread, showing Yuu outside in the light, with Tomoko standing in the dark. I think that speaks volumes about her situation. Yuu has moved on, Tomoko is left behind in the shadows. Hopefully not for much longer.

I'm glad that Yuu still actually cares about Tomoko. During their time together at the fair, you can tell that Tomoko was much more at ease, and was able to talk easier. Now if she can only do that with more acquaintances.

Echoing some of the earlier comments, that was a very nice thing for the Student Council Girl (I forget her name) to do. Early in this thread someone said they wanted to just hug Tomoko and tell her that everything is going to be alright. I think we just witnessed that same feeling in the show. I have a feeling that Student Council girl is going to be a very important person in Tomoko's future.

Endless "Free hugs" Soul
Old 2013-09-17, 23:44   Link #831
liro
Super Driver

She's such a beautiful, sweetest, kindest, loving person. I hope she gets more appearance.
Old 2013-09-17, 23:57   Link #832
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by liro View Post

She's such a beautiful, sweetest, kindest, loving person. I hope she gets more appearance.
Yuu and this girl yes Tomoko is Lucky have the 2 girl who cares about her
Old 2013-09-18, 00:36   Link #833
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by liro View Post

Totally agree, she's such a loving person. I would love to marry her and have babies hahaha.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 00:43   Link #834
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

unfortunately enters the last episode of the anime have not be able to re-see much hope so we will have a season 2...
Old 2013-09-18, 01:30   Link #835
Animexcel

Hahaa, sounded like Tomoko had Yuu watch some Madoka Magica when Yuu mentioned "I didn't expect that girl to die so early in the series." Tomoko goes "Yeah, that's where it gets interesting. There making movies out of it, too." But I guess it was a different thing at the screening.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 04:34   Link #836
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The important question now is if it's now proper for me to pinch a guy friend's ass if he tries to brohug me.

I'm also kind of surprised no one has made a gif of that blatant innuendo of her eating the chocolate covered banana thing.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 06:01   Link #837
Qikz

A great 11th episode :3

The whole "calling Yuu a bitch" thing again was rather unnecessary but I imagine "bitch" is more the mojyou alternative to riajyuu (the etemology of the word normalfag) which basically implies she's calling her a bitch purely because she's jealous that Yuu is living a life that she wants and rather than do anything about it she just gets really bitter and loathing.

Either way the newly introduced character was great and I think I might start reading the manga entirely in the hopes that she'll be in it more. It's so funny how she's trying to be nice to Tomoko and she's so helpless she can't even just ask her to be her friend or to hang out or anything. ;_;
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 07:23   Link #838
CptChaos

So Fuuko Nonoka Ai appearing was really nice. They actually have a pretty great list of seiyuu for the supporting roles.
CptChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 09:05   Link #839
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptChaos View Post
So Fuuko Nonoka Ai appearing was really nice. They actually have a pretty great list of seiyuu for the supporting roles.
They can afford it with all the money they're saving on the main cast. I mean, HanaKana's third billed, yet she probably had more lines in a single episode of PsychoPass than this entire series.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 09:27   Link #840
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

They got the right seiyuu for the role that really matters, and the fact that she's not a big name doesn't matter a whit.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, dark comedy, high school, satire, slice of life