AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-08, 10:08   Link #81
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I would like to thank them too, but my only quibble is that I can't jump around in the episode! They need to change their encode so I don't have to watch the entire episode in one sitting (and if I need to rewatch a scene, I'd have to start over and wait for the episode to get there again!). But, anyway, props to them for subbing this series that everyone (save one) decided to pass on.

Can't jump around? I don't have problems with that. Then again, I use BSplayer for everything...Hm, there was that one time where the subs disappeared, but it works fine now.
Old 2007-02-08, 12:52   Link #82
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Can't jump around? I don't have problems with that. Then again, I use BSplayer for everything...Hm, there was that one time where the subs disappeared, but it works fine now.
Well, I can't jump around in Media Player 10, however it works fine in Media Player Classic. <shrugs shoulders>
But I don't want to use mpc all the time...
Old 2007-03-05, 18:08   Link #83
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Wow...it looks like Galaxy Angel Rune actually got licensed in Region 1:

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/news.php?news_view=11387

It seems strange Rune would come out on DVD before Galaxy Angel AA or X, but I guess it's not like they have to worry about plot continuity. I've only seen the first two episodes of Rune, so I'll probably rent the DVDs before I buy...
Old 2007-03-05, 20:42   Link #84
Asrialys

Aw, I want them to finish Galaxy Angel first before going on to II.
Old 2007-03-13, 09:03   Link #85
wao
OK.

Hey, sorry I'm sort of barging into an old thread, but does anybody here know about this? I'm really too lazy to look this up, but it seems like a section of animation from Galaxy Angelune is actually a ripoff from Eureka Seven and Macross Plus.

There's a comparison of the two videos - just a short section, but I'm sort of afraid posting it might break the rules. (Search for "circus compare" at stage6.divx.com)

Is that clip really from Angelune? And if it is that's one heck of a ripoff..
Old 2007-04-02, 21:51   Link #86
Asrialys

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=999
Quote:
“Galaxy Angel Rune”
The popular moe comedy series “Galaxy Angel” now comes back to USA with a brand-new look! Featuring new pretty girls as main characters, “Galaxy Angel Rune” will steal your hearts with hyper-powered moe appeal and hard core sci-fi action. (Official Site: www.bandaivisual.us/garune)

Anamorphic widescreen format (extras in full screen format)
DVD extras include: concert clips, textless opening and ending, and promotional trailers
Each volume contains booklets which explores deep into the world of Galaxy Angel Rune (Vol. 1: 8 pages, Vol. 2 - 4: 16 pages)
Reversible DVD cover illustrated especially by Kanan (Original Character Design) and Kenji Shinohara (Character Design)

GALAXY ANGEL RUNE Vol. 1 (of 4)
Catalog #: BUDH0113; UPC#: 858604001134
Street Date: July 10, 2007; SRP: $19.99

GALAXY ANGEL RUNE Vol. 2 (of 4)
Catalog #: BUDH0114; UPC#: 858604001141
Street Date: August 28 10, 2007; SRP: $49.99

GALAXY ANGEL RUNE Vol. 3 (of 4)
Catalog #: BUDH0115; UPC#: 858604001158
Street Date: October 9, 2007; SRP: $49.99

GALAXY ANGEL RUNE Vol. 4 (of 4)
Catalog #: BUDH0116; UPC#: 858604001165
Street Date: November 13, 2007; SRP: $49.99
Holy crap, that's expensive. Maybe the Galaxy Angel fan inside me will make me buy these, but dang, that's a lot. lol Does the amount of pages in those booklets effect the price? Maybe because of those concert clips? Whatever. And I heard that it might not even be dubbed.

There's suposed to be an advanced sale of the first volume at Anime Expo 2007. $20, eh? I guess I'll check it out...
Old 2007-04-02, 22:11   Link #87
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
The first volume is about $20 and the rest is $50.......

If the first volume only has one episode, I'm going to laugh my ass off!
Old 2007-04-02, 22:36   Link #88
suguru
京都 ikitai~

By Japanese standards, I guess it's not that expensive...but for region 1 $50 for a single disc seems insane. I wonder if someone screwed up on the press release and the box plus volume 1 is $50, and volumes 2 through 4 are really $20. I liked what I saw of GA Rune, but I can't imagine very many people paying that much for it...for something like Kanon with a lot of fans I could see it still selling well, but GA seems to be more of a niche title. I'll be renting it before I decide if I'll buy or not anyway, so if I do decide to get it, at that price I'll wait a year or two for a cheaper box set to come out...
Old 2007-04-02, 22:44   Link #89
darkchibi07

This is no screw up. Bandai Visual has lately being releasing single edition titles at $40+ with low episode count, some extras, and no English dub.

They think their market strategy will work the same way in the U.S. like in Japan.
Old 2007-04-02, 22:50   Link #90
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
This is no screw up. Bandai Visual has lately being releasing single edition titles at $40+ with low episode count, some extras, and no English dub.

They think their market strategy will work the same way in the U.S. like in Japan.
Interesting...I guess it's like when one airline raises fares, hoping the rest will follow suit. Hopefully the rest won't up their prices too, Bandai will eventually back down, and my wallet won't take a bigger hit. The sad thing is if it was a series I really liked, I probably would pay the $50 anyway...but I might be a little more picky about what I get at that price.
Old 2007-04-03, 00:11   Link #91
ShadowMercenary
Obsessive GA Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post

Well, at least the single episode R2 purchases are worth it, at least the first DVD was. They can't really release the same type of things for the U.S., or at least it doesn't look like they're going to.

The first volume of GA-Rune was only the first uncensored episode, the limited being $50. But at least with the limited you got the exclusive CD, 60+ minutes of concert footage, and the order form for a ticket to see the 3rd Rune Angel-tai concert. Obviously they can't give any more tickets away, the CD will be left out most definitely, and maybe some of the concert footage. And I can bet Bandai Visual will just take all those clips and scatter them across all the DVDs. Kind of feel bad for the people
Old 2007-04-03, 01:41   Link #92
Asrialys

Maybe...the press release isn't that descriptive and they're R1-ing the R2 DVDs? Except in less DVDs...

Just hopeful wishing.

Because I'll probably still buy these (along with the Higurashi, Haruhi, and Rozen Maiden DVDs...*bangs head*). Just gotta keep an eye out for lower pre-order prices.
Old 2007-04-03, 06:08   Link #93
FireChick

Wait? No english dub? Why?
Old 2007-04-03, 09:56   Link #94
Asrialys

I don't know. Not in their budget? Especially for an anime with a narrow fanbase outside of Japan. *shrug*
Old 2007-04-03, 13:53   Link #95
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Hey, sorry I'm sort of barging into an old thread, but does anybody here know about this? I'm really too lazy to look this up, but it seems like a section of animation from Galaxy Angelune is actually a ripoff from Eureka Seven and Macross Plus.

There's a comparison of the two videos - just a short section, but I'm sort of afraid posting it might break the rules. (Search for "circus compare" at stage6.divx.com)

Is that clip really from Angelune? And if it is that's one heck of a ripoff..
Is there anywhere else I can find this clip. I don't want to install DivX WebPlayer with all the forced addons I don't want or need.
Old 2007-04-03, 17:41   Link #96
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Is there anywhere else I can find this clip. I don't want to install DivX WebPlayer with all the forced addons I don't want or need.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLc-Fjr6kBM
Old 2007-04-03, 17:42   Link #97
FireChick

WHAT?! No english dub?! That's just no stinkin' fair! If Bandai Visual even licensed the series in the first place, they WOULD dub it! But they're NOT gonna dub it?!?! That's just a HUGE rip-off!! In order for a good series like Galaxy Ange-Lune to come in different languages they gotta dub it! I just CANNOT believe Bandai Visual's not gonna dub it! Man! I wish Bandai Entertainment got it! They would dub it like they did the original Galaxy Angel (though never heard the dub yet)! Somebody's gotta start a "Dub Galaxy Ange-Lune" club here!
Old 2007-04-03, 18:22   Link #98
darkchibi07

A lack of dub is one of the secondary reasons some people despise Bandai Visual. The main reason is the pricing, and there were a bunch of arguments of how they're completely ignorant of how the R1 market works. For a title that is really mediocre (no offense of anyone who did like Galaxy Angel Rune), paying $50 for a sub-only DVD with a low-episode count is ridiculous.
Old 2007-04-03, 19:28   Link #99
FireChick

High price DVDs? Whoa! To think I still have $115.00 in my account saved for the Anime Convention in July.
Old 2007-04-03, 21:09   Link #100
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
High price DVDs? Whoa! To think I still have $115.00 in my account saved for the Anime Convention in July.
Anime Expo?

I have pretty much no money left to spend. Well, I do have a few hundred, but that's supposed to be in my savings...Heh, and I already have Haruhi, Rozen Maiden, and Higurashi all pre-ordered (series box versions). At least the first DVD is cheap. Hopefully cheaper at AX 2007.

Tags
bishoujo, broccoli, comedy, kemonomimi, satelight, science fiction