AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-24, 13:53   Link #101
kitten320

Ritsu's possible boyfriend will have hard time dealing with Mio
Though I think it will be same thing other way around
Old 2010-05-24, 17:56   Link #102
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Ritsu's possible boyfriend will have hard time dealing with Mio
I dunno. Unyon seems like a pretty swell guy. They have Ritsu in common, after all.
Old 2010-05-24, 18:15   Link #103
kitten320

Who is Unyon?
Well if they will be able to share her than they can have threesome and everyone are happy
Old 2010-05-24, 20:40   Link #104
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Who is Unyon?
This gentleman. If I were to qualify someone as Ritsu's boyfriend, it would be this guy.
Old 2010-05-25, 07:03   Link #105
kitten320

A huge Ritsu fan?
Old 2010-05-25, 07:43   Link #106
yakumo-chan

ritsu having a love letter was hilarious!

thats why sometimes I kinda feel like I want a boy band here that would be the rival of K-on! hahaha
Old 2010-05-26, 09:09   Link #107
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
...OTOH, Ritsu will probably have no problem at all... and would probably be dragging Mio along to hit on two guys she spots.
Spot on! I get this impression of Ritsu too!
Old 2010-07-06, 05:12   Link #108
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Because no one wants to talk about Ritsu...

It's probably no surprise to most that for the most part, the K-ON anime characters' personalities are pretty much identical to their manga counterpart, save for the fact that their traits are exaggerated and the moe dial turned to the maximum(standard Kyoani fare).

I'm sure you all know what Ritsu is like by now, but Kyoani's rendition of Ritsu seems to suggest that her genki, mischievous tomboy personality is a facade, while in the original manga so far her genki personality is who she is inside and out. Because beneath all the enthusiasm is someone who gets jealous and insecure(s01e11) to the point where her health gets affected, someone who is uncertain of her self esteem and image both socially(s01e13) and in her role in the band(s02e03). And though this may just be played out as an cliche in canon, she is also insecure physically(s02e04).

Deep down she is also very cynical, possibly the most so in the entire show while Yui, Mugi and Mio are the dreamers. She may be one of the most lazy members in the light music club, but she is subconsciously aware of it. She genuinely doesn't hold the light music club in high regard and doesn't really deserve an AC(s02e11). It'll also take much more time before she can, like the rest of the members, compare herself to the pros(s02e12). For Ritsu it'll mean the the club needs to get really serious and practise a lot, and she'll need to see that they are.

I personally like the changes Kyoani has done with Ritsu. It makes her that much more three-dimensional as compared to other hyperactive girls. No point with this post, except maybe to increase our appreciation for her a bit more?

Edit:
And personally, I would like to see Ritsu find the time to confront her different aspects of her personality before the end of this season.

- As an added note, Ritsu sews. What kind of Genki girl sews?

Last edited by winhlp32; 2010-07-06 at 05:36.
Old 2010-07-06, 12:32   Link #109
ReddyRedWolf

Since oddly ep 14 thread isn't up just spoiler it.

Spoiler for EP 14 Mugi on Ritsu:
Old 2010-07-06, 13:39   Link #110
dizzy304

Since we're on the topic of Ritsu and episode 14, I think it's appropriate to mention how awesome she looked in the new ending!!!

Spoiler for ED 2 - Ritsu!?!:
Old 2010-07-06, 15:18   Link #111
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ritsu, I don't think, has ever quite gotten comfortable with the lyrics the band uses (too sugary sweet, now with Stevia!) ... if one remembers from the first season, her tastes in music trends towards Sawako's opinion on music (hard and loud).

However, the longer the band plays together -- the more it is trending in Ritsu's direction of taste, especially if we take the "future music videos" of the EDs seriously. The band may always be "Beatles"-ish (hard one second, poppy the next, and a sappy one here and there) so Ritsu may never really think they're "good enough yet". Perhaps that's Ritsu's version of the Imposter Syndrome, something many experts, professionals, and top people suffer from.
Old 2010-07-06, 15:29   Link #112
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ritsu's attempts to train Mugi in tsukkomi were funny, though Mugi doesn't seem to fit the boke very well.
Old 2010-07-07, 23:11   Link #113
ReddyRedWolf

Having seen the Ep 14 sub Mugi said Ritsu would have been very attractive to girls if she were a boy. Course Ritsu doesn't take that well as out of all the HTT girls she probably closest to Sawa-chan as to wanting to have a boyfriend.
Old 2010-07-07, 23:36   Link #114
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Having seen the Ep 14 sub Mugi said Ritsu would have been very attractive to girls if she were a boy. Course Ritsu doesn't take that well as out of all the HTT girls she probably closest to Sawa-chan as to wanting to have a boyfriend.
According to the well renown expert in psychology of anime high school girls, Dr. Shiz/u/ru F/u/jino, this scene should rather be interpreted as Ritsu realizing that her secret wish of beeing Mio's girlfriend may be soon uncovered by Mugi's finely tuned goggles.
Old 2010-07-08, 08:11   Link #115
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I don't really see how does it indicate that she wants a boyfriend
Old 2010-07-08, 09:17   Link #116
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I don't really see how does it indicate that she wants a boyfriend
Episode 14 OVA which is also present in the manga Ritsu received what looks like a love letter from her mailbox. She's quite excited that a guy would like her. Turns out its one of those weird song lyrics Mio is writting not a boy.

Ritsu had to hit her for that.

Out of all the girls Ritsu is shown to be the most inclined to want a boyfriend.

Which why she didn't like Mugi's implied it would've been better if you were a guy.

Spoiler for manga spoiler:
Old 2010-07-08, 09:28   Link #117
kitten320

Well it looks like Ritsu never got any attention from guys(even girls) so far so I guess she would get a bit excited about it, especially since she is an outgoing type...

I duno about boyfriend but I do think that she wants some kind of attention, probably even fan club would do. She wants to shine and be appricated, was kinda pointed out in the episode where she said she hates drums.

But sadly Mio is the one who gets all attention and then Yui.

I don't think it is really boyfriend connected, more like connected to any person.
Old 2010-07-08, 10:04   Link #118
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
According to the well renown expert in psychology of anime high school girls, Dr. Shiz/u/ru F/u/jino, this scene should rather be interpreted as Ritsu realizing that her secret wish of beeing Mio's girlfriend may be soon uncovered by Mugi's finely tuned goggles.
As long as Mugi is around them, her AoE skill can lull both of them into some intimate action.

I never expected Ritsu to blush at the end of EP14.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-08, 11:23   Link #119
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Haha, I can imagine her getting all hyped up and excited about a boyfriend, then when she gets one, suddenly shut down to a Mio-like personality when with him.
Old 2010-07-08, 11:41   Link #120
kitten320

Or will get bored since she can't tease him like Mio, unless she will find a shy one or someone as hyper as her.

Tags
characters