AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 30 37.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 30.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 22.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-31, 03:11   Link #81
passin'gass
Cropduster

Upon re-watching the episode, something that I assumed was Junichi's pervertedness when checking out Kaoru's and the other waitress' thighs may me something else altogether.

It occurred to me that just like when Junichi immediately accepted Kaoru's invitation to experience restaurant work as a customer, he was also checking out Kaoru's statement that he would look good in an apron. He was probably imagining himself in a waiter's apron over his uniform. So his denials of perversion could indeed be mostly true.

The entire conversation occurred at the 18:30 to 18:36 point of the show.

Not having read about or played the game, I suppose this a foreshadowing of a significant future event in ep.3 or 4
Old 2010-07-31, 03:39   Link #82
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasj19 View Post
Oh sexhair
Did anyone notice that she's not as tomboy-ish as everyone thought ? I certainly at no point thought " Jeez , what a tomboy. " or " wow. manish " :P:P
She is more of just a friend that likes hitting other friends. I have a friend JUST like that.
Wow, would it look that way? Because me too, I never once thought she's tomboy-ish. I've friends of both categories, non-tomboy and tomboy. Honestly, I saw Kaoru as the true definition of "friend", truly someone I'd like to have as a friend.
Old 2010-07-31, 03:45   Link #83
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post
Upon re-watching the episode, something that I assumed was Junichi's pervertedness when checking out Kaoru's and the other waitress' thighs may me something else altogether.

It occurred to me that just like when Junichi immediately accepted Kaoru's invitation to experience restaurant work as a customer, he was also checking out Kaoru's statement that he would look good in an apron. He was probably imagining himself in a waiter's apron over his uniform. So his denials of perversion could indeed be mostly true.

It's okay, he was just looking, not ogling.
Old 2010-07-31, 05:10   Link #84
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Wow, would it look that way? Because me too, I never once thought she's tomboy-ish. I've friends of both categories, non-tomboy and tomboy. Honestly, I saw Kaoru as the true definition of "friend", truly someone I'd like to have as a friend.
She is not people! It's T-S-U-N-D-E-R-E! Obvious by her reactions.....which is more though? Tsun tsun or dere dere? I think both or sometimes a mix!
Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass View Post

The entire conversation occurred at the 18:30 to 18:36 point of the show.

Not having read about or played the game, I suppose this a foreshadowing of a significant future event in ep.3 or 4
Hadaka apron! Judging from how he saw her running with a view on her ass mentioning school uniform I though it was his inner thoughts that made him think.......how would she look like in her work clothes logically. His imagination made him more imagine that and pushed him to see Kaoru right away how she would like....BTW first thing about the restaurant I though.........Working!! Pretty much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
-Ni shi shi shi .. naive one
Miya's laugh! I love that about her!
Quote:
So....

After having seen the hilarious episode 04 of Seitokai Yakuindomo, tell me I'm not the only one to see this scene in Amagami ep5 in the same way as Yakuindomo's
Oh come on mangatron obviously knowing you....you are such a little boy. I think this proves it more:
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/5b094def.gif
Quote:
Er yeah, Kaoru arc start. I like it. To say I like it is an understatement though. So let me use the "picture is worth a thousand words" saying:

HD Version here due to PB's limits
Yeah I know about one but I think we all think it's almost like hair after having intercourse on some girls....fortunately Kaoru fits those girls....problem is that she is still a virgin......wonder what happened to her father? Did he die or left? Would be nice if they explained that part.
Quote:
Seriously, it's no surprise I'm a fan of that hair, but I see things differently than most. See, I believe that that hair just can't be drawn the same way everytime at every angle possible, and this scene showed me just how much I like the properties resulting from that hair
Yes mangatron we all know you are but I still you for that character.

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-07-31 at 05:22.
Old 2010-07-31, 05:47   Link #85
Itlandm
Porcupine

I would not call Kaoru a tomboy, at least anymore (I think earlier, in her "powderkeg of Kibito" phase, perhaps she was). But she is a Girl Who Hangs Out With Boys, and that is somewhat uncommon. Most girls spend most of their time with other girls, and boys with other boys. Some don't seem to care. But it is rare for a girl to spend her time mostly with boys, unless one of them is her boyfriend. Yet Kaoru seems to be hanging out with Junichi and his hapless horndog sidekick if she has nothing else to do.
Old 2010-07-31, 06:30   Link #86
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
She is not people! It's T-S-U-N-D-E-R-E! Obvious by her reactions.....which is more though? Tsun tsun or dere dere? I think both or sometimes a mix!
For once I'm liking a moment when a girl strikes the guy in defense of embarrassment, Kaoru-chan's just feels more natural as I don't feel any ill intent from her. Definitely a good friend there. Sounds like a good Tsundere then

Quote:
BTW first thing about the restaurant I though.........Working!! Pretty much.
Miya's laugh! I love that about her!
I actually thought of Working! too, which probably/maybe/slightly/sort of/would have been a great moment if Kaoru-chan punched Junichi Inami-chan style

Quote:
Oh come on mangatron obviously knowing you....you are such a little boy. I think this proves it more:
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/5b094def.gif
Heh....haha it's not my fault that particular fantasy of his made me think this way

Quote:
Yeah I know about one but I think we all think it's almost like hair after having intercourse on some girls....fortunately Kaoru fits those girls....problem is that she is still a virgin......wonder what happened to her father? Did he die or left? Would be nice if they explained that part.
That could come up as part of the serious side of things. Probably so if her job becomes too hard to handle, which could cause Junichi to worry.

Quote:
Yes mangatron we all know you are but I still you for that character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
But she is a Girl Who Hangs Out With Boys, and that is somewhat uncommon. Most girls spend most of their time with other girls, and boys with other boys. Some don't seem to care. But it is rare for a girl to spend her time mostly with boys, unless one of them is her boyfriend. Yet Kaoru seems to be hanging out with Junichi and his hapless horndog sidekick if she has nothing else to do.
Which happens to be a regularly occurring event for her during school

But yeah, it is rare for a girl to hang out with boys [in a non-romantic manner]. She seems to be doing fine so far, so I'm happy
Old 2010-07-31, 08:58   Link #87
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Nahh.. he was just admiring the Zettai Ryouiki (sp?)
There's no need for a pantsu view when you have that costume in from of you
He was slouching to try and look under. You don't have to do that to admire Zettai Ryouiki.
Old 2010-07-31, 10:49   Link #88
ueXia

I'd say this anime is as real as it gets.
It really happens out there, because "girl hanging out with boys" is pretty common here, and in 90% of the cases there's no attraction between these people.

But when love flowers, man it's something to remember. It's pretty nice =)
Kudos to Kaoru's writer because he/she's done a terrific job creating such a character (she has a really seductive side btw).
Old 2010-07-31, 11:59   Link #89
Jaden

That went too well, somehow. It was too normal! Where's the fall? I've never seen the source material of this anime...but, there's not enough drama for my liking! Don't think I'll watch the rest of this.
Old 2010-07-31, 12:09   Link #90
mangatron

Quote:
It really happens out there, because "girl hanging out with boys" is pretty common here, and in 90% of the cases there's no attraction between these people.
Well, it certainly is different with others, as well as country, location, environment, etc. Take for example, in anime, this isn't exactly common. Now I'm not talking about the usual harems that have the lead male attract girls like a magnet, I'm talking about the unique situation like Kaoru and Juni. She just feels a lot more different in the good kind of way.

As for me, I hail from Germany, and have spent a considerable amount of time in the USA, and I have observed/experienced 3 different scenario's. In Germany, I had a couple of friends, and one of them had 2 sisters, who apparently were usually available to hang out. But in the USA, it seems to change with age. The young ones do hang out Kaoru style, but highschoolers and up, if say at the mall or other public establishments, its always girls with girls and guys with guys.

Of course what I really should be comparing to is just at school, which I then say in my experience, it was regularly girls with girls and guys with guys. Life went on.

Uhm.... what were we talking about again? Oh right.... that hair....
Old 2010-07-31, 15:02   Link #91
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
So with the good riddance Haruka done and dusted, I guess this week's episode will be like a fresh start for me if I forget the black mark of the previous arc; and thank god was this a good start so I haven't completely given up hope on the series just yet (and I hope it doesn't pull another stupidly illogical stunt but then again...that preview ).

But still, Junichi is unbelievably dense if the start of this episode (in the classroom) wasn't enough of a hint to show that Kaoru has gone beyond friends with him (ear biting? holy semxy!). Then again, I guess this is another one of those stories where the male and female are so close they don't realise that they actually like each other until someone points it out...in this case it was Junichi thanks to his WILD delusions...seriously dude! Learn more self control of your own brain

heroine wise I really like Kaoru, heck I'll even admit that I am also a huge fan of her hair (it's not a meme but it IS SEXY AS HELL!). Together with a brilliant personality...tomboy-ish? yea probably for me considering how she gets all loud and punchy all the time but it seems like that is only directed towards Junichi and there is always this something called "tough love", so yea
Probably not a real tomboy but hell I don't care, she is love :3

So apart from Junichi being too perverted for me (but kudos to the bro who recognises the power of zettai ryouiki - and Karou being embarrassed just made her moe level increase by tenfold), it was a solid first episode. Don't screw up now

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2010-07-31, 17:15   Link #92
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
That went too well, somehow. It was too normal! Where's the fall? I've never seen the source material of this anime...but, there's not enough drama for my liking! Don't think I'll watch the rest of this.
It'll get better. The first episode is always smooth. You have to build something before you break it.
Old 2010-07-31, 18:46   Link #93
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Well in France Marseilles it is too......after all France is the Romance Capital! La ville de l'amour as they call it. Paris is anyways.
Quote:
But when love flowers, man it's something to remember. It's pretty nice =)
Kudos to Kaoru's writer because he/she's done a terrific job creating such a character (she has a really seductive side btw).
Yeah I agree with meaningful relations and their meanings.
Old 2010-07-31, 23:36   Link #94
roankun
Tsundere Lover

She is a tsundere!

I thought she might be, back in Haruka's arc, but now that it's confirmed, I'm really happy. Still, I thought she might be over the denial stage by now (you know, maybe she already accepted that she liked that idiot way back when and is in the "he can't think of me as more than friends so I'll have to wait" thingy.)

And, some might not agree, but I'm glad we'll see Haruka in the next episode. I already miss her Hina voice :P Ookami's is a few tones too low to resemble Hina's.

P.S. Although I still believe that this not ecchi, I had a premonition that this was not safe to watch while my parents were around. What would they have said had they seen that flower scene and that peeking... And here I thought I found a safe summer anime.
Old 2010-07-31, 23:45   Link #95
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
P.S. Although I still believe that this not ecchi, I had a premonition that this was not safe to watch while my parents were around. What would they have said had they seen that flower scene and that peeking... And here I thought I found a safe summer anime.
"Hey dad it's cool man .. she's 2D and I'm 3D, we won't click y'know , it's just a cartoon for young men, he he he"
Old 2010-07-31, 23:50   Link #96
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It'll get better. The first episode is always smooth. You have to build something before you break it.
Well, Haruka's arc was pretty smooth. I hope we get at least a few arcs with good drama.
Old 2010-08-01, 01:21   Link #97
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Quote:
Well I never said she was gonna be a tomboy. But , in the general discussion before the episode aired it was almost a general consensus that Kaoru would be the tomboy of the 6 girls. But , boy if she's the tomboy of the group. The others are gonna be disappointingly docile. Maybe we should just classify her as " The toughest " of the group.
Old 2010-08-01, 02:15   Link #98
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasj19 View Post
Well I never said she was gonna be a tomboy. But , in the general discussion before the episode aired it was almost a general consensus that Kaoru would be the tomboy of the 6 girls. But , boy if she's the tomboy of the group. The others are gonna be disappointingly docile. Maybe we should just classify her as " The toughest " of the group.
Yeah, actually, my surprise was about that part, I didn't spend much time in the first thread so I wondered if it looked that way [that Kaoru was tomboy'ish] before her arc. I guess it's like you said. And now after her arc began I see a bit of surprise and/or enjoyment for Kaoru-chan than "omg tomboy"
Old 2010-08-01, 03:24   Link #99
Itlandm
Porcupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
I feel your pain. This anime is sooo close to being recommendable to pure-hearted young people, but then unavoidably Junichi gets one of his horndog moments and it all goes to hell. If he is like this with his best friend, I don't know I want to see what happens when he meets up with Swim Club Girl.
Old 2010-08-01, 03:43   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I feel your pain. This anime is sooo close to being recommendable to pure-hearted young people, but then unavoidably Junichi gets one of his horndog moments and it all goes to hell. If he is like this with his best friend, I don't know I want to see what happens when he meets up with Swim Club Girl.
I like that we're shown such 'horndog moments' though, because this is how a male his age would react, plus it works as being apart of the whole teen romance theme that this series has going for itself.

Plus they're hot. Enough said.