AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think is behind the mystery?
There is a rational reason behind all of this. 140 74.87%
There is definitely something supernatural at hand. 47 25.13%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-12, 13:12   Link #781
X207
Gamyūsa

OMFG, se1 is so damn good, i know the 4 girls are crazy but they're scary when they talk seriously. im at ep 3 and already i can tell the 4 are ones you dont want to anger . its the tone tone of voice and the eyes.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 14:29   Link #782
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
OMFG, se1 is so damn good, i know the 4 girls are crazy but they're scary when they talk seriously. im at ep 3 and already i can tell the 4 are ones you dont want to anger . its the tone tone of voice and the eyes.
oh how different you might see things late
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 15:27   Link #783
shadowdragon167

Quote:
You might want to look out for the boy too...
shadowdragon167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 00:22   Link #784
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
oh how different you might see things late
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdragon167 View Post
You might want to look out for the boy too...
ty im at ep7 atm, i'll see wat surprises it holds in later eps soon enough. though is the whole sereis a rehash of the days b4 and after the festival. thats the feeling i get after just watching 7 eps, though i hope i do get proven wrong.
Old 2008-06-16, 02:47   Link #785
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
thats the feeling i get after just watching 7 eps, though i hope i do get proven wrong

All questions will be answered...and new questions asked during the 50 episodes you will see. How should I say, it is complicated.
Old 2008-06-16, 04:16   Link #786
shadowdragon167

Also stay away from wikipedia if you don't want to be spoiled like I did!
shadowdragon167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 10:23   Link #787
X207
Gamyūsa

wow se1 is pretty damn good. o.o shion is scary and awesome . is se2 just as good as se1? i only got 4 eps from se1 to watch.
Old 2008-06-16, 10:59   Link #788
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It has a different focus altogether. In S1 it's pretty much about us the audience being presented to the world of Hinamizawa and of the tragedies the protagonist pass through. As S2 goes further, we the audience gain a more throughout understanding of what is going on, and the focus of the show shifts from the protagonists being victims to the protagonists struggling against their fate. All in all, if you enjoyed S1 for the characterization, the presentation of Higurashi's world and the overall mystery that shrouded the story then S2 will surpass your expectations. However, I've found that people who liked S1 for the gore and the horror have been disappointed to various degrees with S2.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 22:14   Link #789
X207
Gamyūsa

ty everyone, i'll most likely see se2 also. i'll be happy as long as the characters go crazy and kill/injure ppl.
Old 2008-06-16, 22:46   Link #790
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
If you're watching Higurashi just for that, then you wont be happy D:
Season 2 is completely different in the way that Deen decided to finally focus on the right things, not only horror.
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 08:07   Link #791
SiRence~
(・ 3 ・)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami_Mello View Post
Season 2 is completely different in the way that Deen decided to finally focus on the right things, not only horror.
finally they did, since higurashi isn't some crazy killer loli series ... in my opinion season 1 is pretty messed up, since they just focused on the horror. the horror was good indeed, but ... what's with the rest?! for example, seeing the end of the anime adaption of meakashi-hen makes me cry ... the real way how it ends is way way more touching and sad! (with the doll thing especially!) well, tatarigoroshi-hen was also bad adapted, in my opinion ... it was so confusing in many ways... argh, there are many things I dislike in season 1 ... they did a way better job on season 2, concerning the character relationships and things ... but that's my opinion, maybe I'm just overacting, but .. hm. I don't like it how lots of people think about Higurashi, but that's not their fault. It's more because DEEN simply messed up there ... (I think)
SiRence~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 17:11   Link #792
oompa loompa

Quote:
ty everyone, i'll most likely see se2 also. i'll be happy as long as the characters go crazy and kill/injure ppl.
nope theres none / not much of that. dont worry though, i thought id be really dissapointed with kai as well cos of the lack of psycho-lolis, but in the end i found the second season as good if not better than the first.

after all, theres more to higurashi than the gore.. the real appeal of higurashi is the mystery isnt it?
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 17:45   Link #793
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRence~ View Post
for example, seeing the end of the anime adaption of meakashi-hen makes me cry ... the real way how it ends is way way more touching and sad! (with the doll thing especially!)
Spoiler:

X207, hope that you enjoy Higurashi Kai like Higurashi 1s ^^

Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 00:19   Link #794
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
nope theres none / not much of that. dont worry though, i thought id be really dissapointed with kai as well cos of the lack of psycho-lolis, but in the end i found the second season as good if not better than the first.

after all, theres more to higurashi than the gore.. the real appeal of higurashi is the mystery isnt it?
i sure as hell like the mystery in higurashi, first i thought it was simply grey minded ppl out for revenge then a plot to revive faith in oyashiro-sama through rather dark methods. id like to find out more about the reason why the village lost in the end. i really liked se1, the first expectations were mini stories surounding a few days time frame but i liked the last 2 chapters alot. damn a twin sister sure can cause alot of damage o.o and to fool me all the way until i started watching the 2nd last chapter.
Old 2008-06-18, 00:26   Link #795
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
id like to find out more about the reason why the village lost in the end. i really liked se1, the first expectations were mini stories surounding a few days time frame but i liked the last 2 chapters alot.
Um.... What?
Old 2008-06-18, 00:27   Link #796
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I guess he is talking about the Great Hinamizawa Disaster.
Well, this is answered in the second chapter of Kai anyway, though first episode of Kai will certainly unfold some hints.
Old 2008-06-18, 10:17   Link #797
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I guess he is talking about the Great Hinamizawa Disaster.
Well, this is answered in the second chapter of Kai anyway, though first episode of Kai will certainly unfold some hints.
you're correct, i really want to see how it turned out to destroy the whole town.
Old 2008-10-05, 13:10   Link #798
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Okay, I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but has anyone here been to Shirakawa, the city that Hinamizawa was supposedly based on? If so, did you find anything out about the past of Shirakawa?

This may seem like a weird question, but I'm just wondering...>>"
HigurashiRika_04621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 01:06   Link #799
Goat-Kun

Whoops sorry wrong thread

Last edited by Goat-Kun; 2010-01-02 at 01:08. Reason: Ni~Pah
Goat-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote