AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-18, 14:12   Link #21
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Man, Doflamingo's subordinates are really loyal to him, especially when they're willing to die for his best interests. Heck if that's actual concern Dofla is showing for Monet, his crew may as well be some twisted version of Luffy's.

Also the fact they keep calling him "young master" or "young lord" must signify Doflamingo has a high standing in society. Perhaps the son of a rich family?

The only thing that Oda has revealed about Luffy's mother is that she's not very physically attractive. I suppose there's still a possibility of seeing her when Dragon receives a core role in a future arc with the revolutionaries though.
Maybe Doflamingo is a Noble or something. We'll see in the future soon. Is anyone feel that Franky's "General" should get upgraded? Robin and Nami were very accurate when they said it served no purpose.
Old 2012-12-18, 14:26   Link #22
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Chapter title is "Die for me". Again, a color page takes the place of the ministory this time, but this is the final one.
So what does this color page show compared to the first two?

Quote:
-Franky attacks Baby-5 and Buffalo. They retaliate, and the three battle. It's revealed that the maid can transform into various weapons like swords and missiles during the fight. The weakened Caesar is nearby, and decides that if he's going down, he won't go alone. And so, he decides to finish off Smoker by crushing his heart, which is still in his possession......
Baby-5 is really something in battle. Also, smoker better do something if he wants his heart back.

Quote:
-Law wants to pursue CC, but Luffy wants to wait for the rest of his crew to catch up first. It's at this point that Momo learn of his father's fate. Meanwhile, Monet contacts Doflamingo, telling him that she'll activate the lab's self-destruct switch. When she asks his permission, he apologizes before saying yes, and orders her to die for him. The harpy obeys her master's final command.......
I always thought Doflamingo is a sadist until his apology. And Monet obeying his order to die for him sounds rather deep in seriousness.
Old 2012-12-18, 14:30   Link #23
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

The only thing that Oda has revealed about Luffy's mother is that she's not very physically attractive. I suppose there's still a possibility of seeing her when Dragon receives a core role in a future arc with the revolutionaries though.
Well, he may have been referencing the raising mother, who we all know already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Is anyone feel that Franky's "General" should get upgraded? Robin and Nami were very accurate when they said it served no purpose.
It was hardly useless!
It kept Franky from dying in shinokuni, withstood entire firing from Baby 5's cannons, and probably saved Franky's life by taking all the damage from her missle-girl.
Not to mention his General Left was powerful enough to knock Buffalo out of the air.

If anything this chapter proved General Franky's worth!

Quote:
But putting that aside, I guess Dofla's level of affection towards his crew varies from person to person. In fact, it was already mentioned that he thought of some of them as his own siblings (Law, B5), but I suppose his malicious attitude towards them is supposed to be interpreted as his own twisted brand of "tough love", or something.....
Well, Bellamy wasn't his crewmate, he was a snot-nosed rookie pirate under his alliance.
Same goes for Disco and Caesar. They were allies and henchies, not crew.

The DonQuixote Pirates are his crew, and it seems he has affections for them. But still is willing to sacrifice them for higher priorities.
Old 2012-12-18, 14:39   Link #24
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
The only thing that Oda has revealed about Luffy's mother is that she's not very physically attractive.
When was this mentioned? Or are you talking about Dadan?

Dammit Aohige, stop editing your posts before I can quote them...
Old 2012-12-18, 14:40   Link #25
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^I actually accidentally deleted the content while trying to paste another quote.

Everything is back in again now.
Old 2012-12-18, 14:56   Link #26
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
When was this mentioned? Or are you talking about Dadan?
It was from a tankobon SBS quite some time ago. I don't remember which one exactly it was from, but it was one soon after Dragon was revealed to be Luffy's dad. A reader asked something along the lines of what the woman Dragon chose to sleep with to conceive Luffy would be like and Oda replied that she probably wouldn't be very attractive.

So one could take from that that Luffy's mother is probably just a concubine of Dragon's at most, so her incredibly small significance is probably why we don't really know anything about her.
Old 2012-12-18, 15:21   Link #27
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
That color page...THAT COLOR PAGE! It's awesome killed me five times over and then brought me to One Piece Heaven! ALL HAIL THE STRAWHEARTS ALLIANCE! Seeing them all together as if they were one big crew just made me cry manly tears of joy! I have a new desktop background that's for sure!
Seeing the timeskipped antagonists was awesome too...did Akainu grow a beard? The good looking bastard!
HELL YEAH! I'm stealing that too for my desktop, tis truly amazeballs.

Joker has to be a noble or just minted...or both. Maybe he gives the worlds best foot massages I'd be loyal to death to anyone who gave the worlds best foot massages.

So I'm confused did franky get beaten or was that an even fight? I'll look forward to that fights out come in the next chapter for sure.
Old 2012-12-18, 16:09   Link #28
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
It was from a tankobon SBS quite some time ago. I don't remember which one exactly it was from, but it was one soon after Dragon was revealed to be Luffy's dad. A reader asked something along the lines of what the woman Dragon chose to sleep with to conceive Luffy would be like and Oda replied that she probably wouldn't be very attractive.
I've been searching but I still can't find any reference of that :|
Old 2012-12-18, 17:30   Link #29
Crimson Reaper

I'll admit my brain was working even slower then normal when I read this chapter, I blame my sleeping patterns.

When I saw Caeser with 'Smoker's' heart I was saying, "Huh? Why wouldn't Smoker or anyone try and get it back" Then when Monet and her whole sacrifice came up I was wondering how Luffy and the others were going to deal with this new problem and survive. Finally my brain gears started moving, "Wait...Smoker already has his heart back! Then where did Law??*Remembers Monet gave him hers as insurance*...ooooooh!*Remembers Monet is about to hit the button and Caeser is about to crush what he thinks is Smokers heart*..OOOOOOOHHHH Law you sneaky bastard I love you.

Baby 5 as expected with a weapons fruit is pretty badass. She has both the properties of the Steel fruit and the Bomb fruit of those Mr agents from Baroque works and more. Plus the fact she's fighting Franky another kind of 'weapon human' is interesting. Franky himself needs more big fights as well as a few more Strawhats. Looking foward to seeing how this plays out.
Old 2012-12-18, 17:47   Link #30
marvelB

Quote:
It was from a tankobon SBS quite some time ago.

Quote:
I've been searching but I still can't find any reference of that :|

Actually, the source of that info wasn't from the Japanese volumes at all. Surprisingly, the info came from a sort of SBS corner Oda held for American fans in the USA Shonen Jump a few years back (around the time of the Marineford arc, if memory serves me right). I suppose I'll do a bit of digging and see if I can find it, but I'm about 99.5% certain that the question came from that source. I also specifically remember it because during that "SBS", Oda mentions that the moment during Robin's flashback where she reunited with her mother was the first time he ever showed an emotional moment between one of the main characters and their parents..... which would mean that he forgot all about Usopp'a past (or to a certain extent, Chopper's).
Old 2012-12-18, 17:51   Link #31
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Actually, the source of that info wasn't from the Japanese volumes at all. Surprisingly, the info came from a sort of SBS corner Oda held for American fans in the USA Shonen Jump a few years back (around the time of the Marineford arc, if memory serves me right). I suppose I'll do a bit of digging and see if I can find it, but I'm about 99.5% certain that the question came from that source. I also specifically remember it because during that "SBS", Oda mentions that the moment during Robin's flashback where she reunited with her mother was the first time he ever showed an emotional moment between one of the main characters and their parents..... which would mean that he forgot all about Usopp'a past (or to a certain extent, Chopper's).
And Nami...Oda's a bit forgetful isn't he?
Old 2012-12-18, 18:04   Link #32
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Bellmere probably doesn't really count considering she's Nami's adoptive mother. Oda probably meant parents related by blood. Nico Olvia, Yasopp and Usopp's mother are the only ones aside from Dragon that fit into that category that we as readers know about.

And I knew I read that statement about Luffy's mother somewhere. Thanks for the clarification marvelB.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:22   Link #33
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Bellmere was as much of a real mother to Nami as we've seen in the series...her whole speech and actions in the arc were to prove that she WAS Nami's mother regardless of blood. So I doubt she would be bypassed because of something like blood-relations.

Plus like Marvel said, Oda seemed to have forgotten about Usopp's mother so it makes sense if he forgot Bellmere as well.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:28   Link #34
james0246

Quote:
Well...the Bellamy Pirates were ALLIES (more like minions) of the Donquixote Pirates, not part of the crew.
I think you mean the Binami pirates....

(Sorry, old school joke.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
So will I, what are the odds that Luffy's mother is also a D
-Cup?

Quote:
Plus like Marvel said, Oda seemed to have forgotten about Usopp's mother so it makes sense if he forgot Bellmere as well.
Usopp was not born. He was immaculately conceived from awesomeness.

---

Fun chapter. Franky continues to prove just why I am justified in my love of him, and Baby-doll was pretty damn cool, even if her powers make little sense. And the ending with Monet should finally put to rest all desire for Monet to become a nakama.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:39   Link #35
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

*groan*

Quote:
-Cup?
Which...is actually a pretty average size by OP standards.

Quote:
Usopp was not born. He was immaculately conceived from awesomeness.
And here I thought you were going to go with a Pinocchio joke.

Quote:
And the ending with Monet should finally put to rest all desire for Monet to become a nakama.
Oh I think the desire was put to rest ever since she started actively hurting the kids and turning into an ugly snow monster. Plus Baby 5 seems to be the new focus of that desire.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:40   Link #36
marvelB

Okay, I found the source of that info about Luffy's mom and posted it at the SBS thread. And it may be best to continue discussing that particular subject at that thread from now on, lest we go any further off topic....

Quote:

Hey, hey,, don't be making fun of the Dachshund now!
Old 2012-12-18, 18:40   Link #37
golgo13

Wow what does it take to make CC pass out for more then 5 minutes?

I doubt that the alliance between Law and Luffy is over..
Old 2012-12-18, 20:00   Link #38
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
well momo literally means peach

so I (was expecting more red-ish) don't see a problem with its colour being a pink
Peaches aren't pink though..

Pink isn't the appropriate color imo. It's like he's in Big Moms crew but a color like red,yellow or green would be more acceptable.
Old 2012-12-18, 20:13   Link #39
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Why does it matter what color he is?
Old 2012-12-18, 20:40   Link #40
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

what's happen with Franky???

anyway, baby 5 is really a good fighter...

big poisonous gas explosion is coming for erasing Punk Hazard's evidence
Closed Thread