Old 2015-01-09, 09:24   Link #5061
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

mind spoilers...

Spoiler for UBW 2nd cour:

EDIT: Argh, a ninja.
Old 2015-01-25, 14:34   Link #5062
iBeast

How does Rin not know that Sakura is her sister?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 14:36   Link #5063
GDB

She does know.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 14:37   Link #5064
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

But pretends that she doesn't know who Sakura is.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 19:32   Link #5065
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
So why exactly did Artoria's Resistance defend against Medea's beams but not against Bluebeard's monsters and the Reinforcement given to Kuzuki through Medea?
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 19:53   Link #5066
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post
So why exactly did Artoria's Resistance defend against Medea's beams but not against Bluebeard's monsters and the Reinforcement given to Kuzuki through Medea?
It's called "magic resistence", because it defends against "magical damage". I cannot remember the monsters from F/Z, but in Kuzuki's case, his attacks were mostly physical with maybe a little bit of "conceptual" attribute added in. The "magic reinforcement" was used on Kuzuki, not on Saber, so her magic resistance could not help her.
Old 2015-01-25, 20:34   Link #5067
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
It's called "magic resistence", because it defends against "magical damage". I cannot remember the monsters from F/Z, but in Kuzuki's case, his attacks were mostly physical with maybe a little bit of "conceptual" attribute added in. The "magic reinforcement" was used on Kuzuki, not on Saber, so her magic resistance could not help her.
Shouldn't her magic resistance have nullified any damage that Kuzuki's magical fists could've done against anyone else though? I can get that his fighting skills did most of the work, but wasn't it the magical reinforcement the main factor on why it packed so much of a punch to cripple Artoria to the extent that it did when he striked the nape of her neck?

Also why didn't Instinct prevent Artoria from getting downed like that? ... Then again, Kuzuki was able to deal that blow pretty much cause Artoria's surprise had her lose her balance for a really brief moment for him to take advantage of that opening, so it's not like it could've done much.

If anything, if it weren't for Medea, Kuzuki would've likely gotten train wrecked since Artoria became well aware of his skill and dangerous power-up now, right? What's the likelihood of Kuzuki's skill being effective against guys like Hassan, Cu Chulainn, or Sasaki Kojiro? At this point Archer is likely aware of this through Rin to be able to adjust his defenses in case they ran into each other right?
Old 2015-01-25, 20:58   Link #5068
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Magic Resistance skill is used to cancel out spells used on Saber. On Saber, not on others. So Caster's energy beams were deflected. Caster's Reinforcement spells were not used on Saber, they were used on Kuzuki. They were affecting him, so Magic Resistance doesn't apply. It is not a case of a huge anti-magic field around her, negating everything that comes within range. Hell, if it were, wouldn't it negate the use of her own magically-woven armor, or the spell concealing Excalibur?

So she was getting hit by incredibly strong physical blows, not by incredibly strong magic spells, when she fought Kuzuki. Similarly, Gilles de Rais' beasties were summoned creatures, and had physical form. They were not spells to be negated.

As for Kuzuki fighting other Servants, Hassan-i-Sabbah and Cu Chulainn could kill him instantly if they desired, thanks to their Noble Phantasms. Sasaki Kojiro would probably be an even fight, but there's a good possibility that Kuzuki would win, by destroying his sword while not giving him a chance to utilize Tsubame Gaeshi.
Old 2015-01-26, 00:33   Link #5069
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
But pretends that she doesn't know who Sakura is.
........why?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-26, 02:52   Link #5070
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Magic Resistance skill is used to cancel out spells used on Saber. On Saber, not on others. So Caster's energy beams were deflected. Caster's Reinforcement spells were not used on Saber, they were used on Kuzuki. They were affecting him, so Magic Resistance doesn't apply. It is not a case of a huge anti-magic field around her, negating everything that comes within range. Hell, if it were, wouldn't it negate the use of her own magically-woven armor, or the spell concealing Excalibur?

So she was getting hit by incredibly strong physical blows, not by incredibly strong magic spells, when she fought Kuzuki. Similarly, Gilles de Rais' beasties were summoned creatures, and had physical form. They were not spells to be negated.

As for Kuzuki fighting other Servants, Hassan-i-Sabbah and Cu Chulainn could kill him instantly if they desired, thanks to their Noble Phantasms. Sasaki Kojiro would probably be an even fight, but there's a good possibility that Kuzuki would win, by destroying his sword while not giving him a chance to utilize Tsubame Gaeshi.
Well, Kuzuki still needs to be able to even damage servants at all (you know, that thing about "guns being totally useless against servants" applies to normal melee weapons or human fists as well), because usually that can only be done by magic, or by adding a "conceptual" factor into it, like Noble Phantasms. Even though Saber is a special case and possibly does not have this protection of "being a spirit", Kuzuki was still able to damage Rider. According to spoilers for Mahoyo, the place Kuzuki learned his skills from, caused the practioners to be able to "ignore" conceptual defenses, including things like "immortality status" and the like, which would explain why Kuzuki was even able to do damage to servants with mere (magically enhanced) fists at all.
Old 2015-01-26, 09:37   Link #5071
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
........why?
Mage reasons mainly. There is not much place for warmth in the Mage World (especially since they are now formally rivals).

Last edited by Nayrael; 2015-01-26 at 09:54.
Nayrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-26, 09:40   Link #5072
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
........why?
Her parents told her so when they let the Matou adopt Sakura. Rin takes her responsibilities as a daughter of the Tohsaka and as a mage seriously. Though it hasn't stopped Rin from watching Sakura behind the scenes.
Old 2015-01-27, 13:46   Link #5073
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

@GreyZone & RisingDragon

Got it, thanks for answering.
Old 2015-01-29, 10:15   Link #5074
Cherry_Lover

Yeah, Rin is fully aware that Sakura is her sister and does care about her. However, she doesn't want to admit to that, especially to Shirou, because her father told her to consider Sakura to be no longer part of her family (and Sakura was told the same).
Old 2015-01-29, 19:15   Link #5075
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's not even that she doesn't want to admit it. The whole fact that Rin is a Tohsaka and Sakura is a Matou who each have their own lifestyle and brand of magic means one should not meddle in the affairs of the other, which is why the relationship remains distant.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 08:08   Link #5076
Gx Hero
Rambler

Well that breaks down During the grail war. Good thing to because their fathers are dead and for what.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 13:07   Link #5077
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gx Hero View Post
Well that breaks down During the grail war. Good thing to because their fathers are dead and for what.
Actually only in HF. We have no idea what happens in Fate and UBW regarding that matter.
Old 2015-02-05, 17:47   Link #5078
[AL]Noctis
New Member, Old Lurker

Hey quick question. What constitutes as a franchise veteran? Since there are two threads for UBW, I want to know which one I should go too.

I've watched the Fate/DEEN, Fate/0, prototype, read parts of Fate/Apocrypha, and some of the original vn though my memory of it is pretty hazy and I never did get to finish the HF route.
[AL]Noctis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 04:22   Link #5079
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AL]Noctis View Post
Hey quick question. What constitutes as a franchise veteran? Since there are two threads for UBW, I want to know which one I should go too.

I've watched the Fate/DEEN, Fate/0, prototype, read parts of Fate/Apocrypha, and some of the original vn though my memory of it is pretty hazy and I never did get to finish the HF route.
Than you are a franchise veteran. The "New Viewers" board is for who the UBW anime is their first Fate/Stay Night work.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 22:25   Link #5080
Phantom

Who voices Nero, the Red Saber?
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote