AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-10-16, 09:24   Link #2381
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I speak Russian, I can help if someone wants me to translate something.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 09:56   Link #2382
frbernkastel
Lost in time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
On or IN Russian?
IN Russian.
It's my mistake. I'm sorry.
frbernkastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 09:58   Link #2383
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I see the correction but not the link we are all clamoring for atm. We would like to read it very much please!

Gah Bern trolling me

Last edited by Daisu; 2014-10-16 at 10:20.
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 10:21   Link #2384
frbernkastel
Lost in time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
We would like to read it very much please!
Kokoroiyashi-hen ch1 in Russian
https://www.mediafire.com/?du6qpee6pxfbku6
frbernkastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 20:46   Link #2385
GrAVit

Hey maybe I could ask one of my good IRL friends to translate it for me. He's got Russian roots in his family, so he can speak fluent Russian.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 23:54   Link #2386
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
Hey maybe I could ask one of my good IRL friends to translate it for me. He's got Russian roots in his family, so he can speak fluent Russian.
I'm translating it at the moment. Gonna give the script to Daisu once I'm done.
Old 2014-10-17, 03:46   Link #2387
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
I wanna take a look the English translation before it's typeset... Is this okay? (・ω・)

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 05:39   Link #2388
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
I wanna take a look the English translation before it's typeset... Is this okay? (・ω・)
Of course it is. I could show you what I have translated so far if you want. Either PM me or add me on Skype (Levani22.1)
Old 2014-10-18, 17:58   Link #2389
TheGuraGuraMan

The Kizuna databook also have a 4koma for each arc btw :
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 09:34   Link #2390
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
The Kizuna databook also have a 4koma for each arc btw :
What's happening here? I can read that they're saying sorry to Satoko, but that's about it. lol
I can also tell these are the events of Tatarigoroshi-hen, so I guess it's just Keiichi going insane and plotting on how to kill Satoko's uncle.
Actually yea, now that I look at Keiichi's bubbles more closely, I can see the number 1500 there, and I remember him saying that it'll only take 1500 seconds for him to reach her Uncle's house.
Old 2014-10-19, 10:10   Link #2391
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
What's happening here? I can read that they're saying sorry to Satoko, but that's about it. lol
I can also tell these are the events of Tatarigoroshi-hen, so I guess it's just Keiichi going insane and plotting on how to kill Satoko's uncle.
Actually yea, now that I look at Keiichi's bubbles more closely, I can see the number 1500 there, and I remember him saying that it'll only take 1500 seconds for him to reach her Uncle's house.
Don't understand Japanese, but it's obviously a joke about Keiichi having the bad habit to say loud what he's thinking, hence the several "how did you know I tough that" in the serie.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 10:19   Link #2392
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
Don't understand Japanese, but it's obviously a joke about Keiichi having the bad habit to say loud what he's thinking, hence the several "how did you know I tough that" in the serie.
Oh, right. So there's one for each arc?
Old 2014-10-20, 05:25   Link #2393
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Since we're all sharing manga translations, I managed to try and translate a Kataribanashi-hen chapter from Volume 5 for Rika's birthday. I used Youtube Annotations to subtitle a niconico MAD of it. I was going to try and screenshot the chapter from the gangan website, but they took it down sometime ago. I own the manga volume, but I don't really have a good scanner so this is as close as I can do. I was inspired by WarriorKK and wanted to try my best, but I know it's not the best translation in the world. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFqenKcqtaw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5GQGSYItCk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXdChSmz4jM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mbHgmyfM6g

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 12:55   Link #2394
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
Since we're all sharing manga translations, I managed to try and translate a Kataribanashi-hen chapter from Volume 5 for Rika's birthday. I used Youtube Annotations to subtitle a niconico MAD of it. I was going to try and screenshot the chapter from the gangan website, but they took it down sometime ago. I own the manga volume, but I don't really have a good scanner so this is as close as I can do. I was inspired by WarriorKK and wanted to try my best, but I know it's not the best translation in the world. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFqenKcqtaw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5GQGSYItCk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXdChSmz4jM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mbHgmyfM6g
I've never read that one before. Thanks for making this! Although it was kind of an awkward chapter in my opinion. lol
Old 2014-10-20, 15:42   Link #2395
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Quote:
I've never read that one before. Thanks for making this! Although it was kind of an awkward chapter in my opinion. lol
Thanks for reading it! Youtube annotations are a pain to time. The only other translated chapter from this volume is the one where Rika wets the bed. The other chapter that isn't translated is about Takano after her plan in Minagoroshi. Ooh, may I ask why? Was it Hanyuu giving love advice? Hahaha.

Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2014-10-20, 16:10   Link #2396
GrAVit

Quote:
Ooh, may I ask why? Was it Hanyuu giving love advice? Hahaha.
That, and the fact that everyone were so open about having a crush on Keiichi.
It felt quite out of character, especially when you compare it to the first chapter of this manga.
And to be honest, I feel like the only right one for Keiichi is Mion, the others just don't work.
Old 2014-10-21, 23:37   Link #2397
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Good work, I think~☆
Quote:
The only other translated chapter from this volume is the one where Rika wets the bed.
One of my first translated and worst translation
Even myself can't understand what I did (lolz)

Higurashi has a lot of good anthology stories.
Beside Kataribanashi-hen series, the last published ones like Shinkitan-shu or re-collections of its artist... they're good~☆
However, too bad that most of them aren't scanned, so many people of us don't know about them.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 05:30   Link #2398
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Thank you! ;w; Coming from you, it means a lot~ I've been wanting to see a translation for it for years so I took it upon myself to try it out after translating this small bit from batsu game wo tokkouyaku. Yeah, I'm sad I can't find anymore anthologies. I mean besides this volume of Kataribanashi-hen, I have the nineteenth case anthology.

Old 2014-11-17, 23:13   Link #2399
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

I guess YenPress has officially finished Higurashi when this comes out this month. Its basically episode 2-4 of the Rei OVA. Im not sure if they'll release any more arcs.
Shikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 08:51   Link #2400
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Well someone could write them to ask and give suggestions on other arcs to print...
Then we can get an official answer.