AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-18, 08:17   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Toradora! - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Toradorians only)

This thread is for the experienced Toradora viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the light novels / manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Toradora anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a light novel / manga virgin of Toradora, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the Toradora - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers) thread).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the light novel / manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a light novel / manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing Toradora! Novel Discussion or Toradora Manga Discussion thread.
Old 2008-10-18, 11:02   Link #2
JMvS
Rawrrr!

After watching episode 3, I came with a few speculations (I have not read the novels past volume 2 yet, so these are mostly pure speculations):

Minori is supporting her family/herslef, hence the numerous jobs, maybe she was also mistrated in the past.

Episode 4 will focus on Kitamura character develoment: introduction of Sumire (hinted LI), perhaps he will be depicted as reliable and (weirdly) serious (I'd expect the rushed homeroom scene, a definite must as it includes the insecure teacher ).

Episode 5 will probably be centered on Ami: character introduction (she could appear at the end of episode 4, given her character connection) and development. I just hope that they there will be a little more of the Ami arc than one episode.

We will have the Palmtop Tiger of Happiness spin-off story as a full episode, or so I hope.
Old 2008-10-19, 00:20   Link #3
msuwildog80

So this is where we ask for novel spoilers!!

Woot!
Old 2008-10-19, 06:52   Link #4
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, with 9 volumes (and on-going), the LN series would likely be a shojo story in verse.
Old 2008-10-19, 07:37   Link #5
Deathscyther

We'll probably get one Kitamaru focused episode, followed by the Ami centered arc. I see them animating novel 2 in 3 episodes or so.

I can't wait for the Taiga x Ami catfights
Old 2008-10-20, 22:13   Link #6
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Hmmmmmmm Chihuahua versus Tiger.

As long they picked up the right voice for Ami. I do wonder if the absence of Sumire the top apex predator from anime means it might have S2?

Just a speculation.
Old 2008-10-21, 05:47   Link #7
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I do wonder if the absence of Sumire the top apex predator from anime means it might have S2?
Sumire is in the anime - she's the one with the megaphone in the opening and now we also clearly see she's in the preview for episode 4.

It's just a matter if they would animate up to that point of Sumire/Kitamura's story - which started in volume 5 and ends in volume 6....
Old 2008-10-21, 09:07   Link #8
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
However, doing that without presenting Ami would be too much specially because Ami reveals who is Kitamura's love interest... Doing too much of Sumire/Kitamura would take all the shocking part of Ami's words, from viewers point of view as in novels it wasn't taht clear at the point where Ami revealed it.
Old 2008-10-21, 10:53   Link #9
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Speaking of Ami, as the family restaurant prelude was already used in ep 3, someone wondered if they were to introduce her directly as a new transfer student (in ep 5?).

My concern is that if they were to do this, odds are high that the "Taiga vs Chihuaha confrontation with hidden Ryujii observing and Kitamura commenting" scene is gonna be omitted/distorted.
I just don't want to see an episode where at first Ryujii would cluelessly "react" to Ami's charms and where Taiga would "discipline the rabid dog".
Old 2008-10-21, 18:05   Link #10
typhonsentra

I brought up that point in one of the other threads and agree that's probably how it'll play out, with Taiga and Ryuuji finding out about her real personality in a different manner than before.
Old 2008-10-21, 18:28   Link #11
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I brought up that point in one of the other threads and agree that's probably how it'll play out, with Taiga and Ryuuji finding out about her real personality in a different manner than before.
I am just bothered by the fact that the available settings are limited:
-they could easily reuse the family restaurant, thus directly adapting the original material; that could be possible, as in the anime timeline it isn't Golden Week yet.
-school would be an alternate setting, but I have some concern about it, as this setting increase the odds of having on screen a stupid looking Ryujii (delayed revelation).
Old 2008-10-21, 19:08   Link #12
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Probably for the producers, the second option seems more attractive *remembers a few other tsunderes*. But they could also set completly original circumstances, tough this is the most dangerous option imo
Old 2008-10-22, 01:19   Link #13
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
However, doing that without presenting Ami would be too much specially because Ami reveals who is Kitamura's love interest... Doing too much of Sumire/Kitamura would take all the shocking part of Ami's words, from viewers point of view as in novels it wasn't taht clear at the point where Ami revealed it.
I didn't said anything about skipping Ami's introduction and jump to the end of volume 5 and 6.
Old 2008-10-22, 03:01   Link #14
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Darknemo 2000 versus Houkoholic.

Round 1! Fight!
Old 2008-10-22, 04:16   Link #15
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
houkoholic, no one said that you did, relax a little. Now you look at every word that I say as something directed against you while I was just saying that it would be bad if they did.
Old 2008-10-23, 12:03   Link #16
Cloud668
Nice Boat.
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
I am just bothered by the fact that the available settings are limited:
-they could easily reuse the family restaurant, thus directly adapting the original material; that could be possible, as in the anime timeline it isn't Golden Week yet.
-school would be an alternate setting, but I have some concern about it, as this setting increase the odds of having on screen a stupid looking Ryujii (delayed revelation).
They actually can use that starbucks ripoff for that, but looks like from the preview they are going to use the family restaurant anyways
Old 2008-10-23, 13:15   Link #17
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud668 View Post
They actually can use that starbucks ripoff for that, but looks like from the preview they are going to use the family restaurant anyways
Yeah I just saw the episode
Old 2008-10-26, 10:13   Link #18
msuwildog80

Future Episodes according to Wikipedia (dont see why it can't be legit):
05 "Ami Kawashima"
"Kawashima Ami" (かわしまあみ) October 30, 2008

06 "My True Self"
"Honto no Jibun" (ほんとの自分) November 6, 2008

07 "Pool Opening"
"Pūru Biraki" (プールびらき) November 13, 2008

08 "For Who"
"Dare no Tame" (だれのため) November 20, 2008

So it seems to move at a relatively slow pace.(episode 5-7 seems novel inspired, 8 seems anime original).. damn anime originals (3 out of 8!). Perhaps by 2009 we can start moving toward unknown novel areas!

I think someone mentioned that most likely scneario is 25 episodes straight thru.. with a week off for holidays. Hopefully it doesnt stop for 6 months or some such. But if the straight run is the case... I dont see why they cant create an anime original ending.. sinc enovel still running.
Old 2008-10-26, 14:32   Link #19
typhonsentra

Bah, all of Novel 2 will be covered in two episodes... again!
Old 2008-12-09, 07:55   Link #20
typhonsentra

I asked this in the B-T forums once but here it goes again:

Spoiler:
Closed Thread