AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-26, 03:18   Link #121
bio9205
Reborn

Are there 2 different kinds of assimilation? I've noticed that for smaller things like humans and MS, the assimilation seems to be more of the formation of crystals. Whereas for larger objects like the Baikal-class cruisers and the Gadelaza, the assimilation seems to be more of like liquid, molten metal.

That would be weird, because inside the Gadelaza, Descartes' assimilation is the former.

Or could it just be aesthetic quality? Meaning that, from far, the assimilation appears as a mass of molten liquid rather than solid crystals?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 04:47   Link #122
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I think the liquid molten thing is just a method of wrapping its prey within its grasp so that they can't escape. Then when they actually ASSIMILATE them, they do the crystal thing.

So wrap with liquid then crystalise from within.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 08:07   Link #123
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I think the liquid molten thing is just a method of wrapping its prey within its grasp so that they can't escape. Then when they actually ASSIMILATE them, they do the crystal thing.

So wrap with liquid then crystalise from within.
Actually, the ELS might have taken the speed at which its supposed assimilated guest would escape. For smaller things, they probably thought that crystallization would suffice. For larger things, like what you've explained, would necessitate a molten-like assimilation to hasten the process and increase the effectiveness.

Whatever it is, I still think that it is very difficult to use humanity to rationalise the ELS.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 13:46   Link #124
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Actually, the ELS might have taken the speed at which its supposed assimilated guest would escape. For smaller things, they probably thought that crystallization would suffice. For larger things, like what you've explained, would necessitate a molten-like assimilation to hasten the process and increase the effectiveness.

Whatever it is, I still think that it is very difficult to use humanity to rationalise the ELS.
Well the reason why I stated what I said is because the liquid molten process was never shown to actually absorb anything. All it really did was wrap its prey within its reach, preventing it from escaping. When we actually see what's happening within (which we do), they're actually being turned into crystals.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 15:14   Link #125
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

That interview about the ELS states that their true form was never seen in the movie. But...what about all the octagon like shapes inside their planet? Wouldn't that be their true form?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 15:19   Link #126
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That interview about the ELS states that their true form was never seen in the movie. But...what about all the octagon like shapes inside their planet? Wouldn't that be their true form?
If the interview says so, that means that form is just one of their forms as well. The ELS modify themselves based on the situation and practicality.
Old 2010-11-26, 15:21   Link #127
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Wasn't that scene showing them before their planet got destroyed?
Old 2010-11-26, 15:41   Link #128
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

If the interview mentions that "none of their true forms appear in the movie", then it means precisely that, flashback or not.

Of course, the line "However he goes on to say that in another way everything is their true shape" is important as well as the interviewee is essentially also telling us that "everything is in essence is their true shape" because they will always morph into a shape that will fit into the situation.

Just like a nomad technically doesnt have a home because they're traveling all the time, the ELS go by a similar analogy as well. Since they change shapes so often into other stuff based on practicality, they're true form really doesn't exist. We've also been hinted that they're collective rather than individuals, so it means that the size of an ELS may vary as well since "a unit" can be enlarged or decreased based on need. They have no true macroforms.
Old 2011-01-04, 08:41   Link #129
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Per RisingDragon's suggestion, I'm posting the pics of the ELS evolution here:

Spoiler:

So I guess the real question is: "What kind of features would a race have that evolved in the presence of GN Particles?"...
Old 2011-01-04, 09:09   Link #130
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
If the interview says so, that means that form is just one of their forms as well. The ELS modify themselves based on the situation and practicality.
Hence why I compare the ELS to Betterman. As an organism Betterman constantly evolves according to the situation at hand. Having also the properties of Algernon as an infection.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 14:47   Link #131
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Per RisingDragon's suggestion, I'm posting the pics of the ELS evolution here:

Spoiler:

So I guess the real question is: "What kind of features would a race have that evolved in the presence of GN Particles?"...
Natural GN Drives? lol

I mean, one of the types suspiciously look like a cone to me. The one that appears behind a ELS GN-X IV and appears strangely similar to the GN-X III's lance. It's REALLY to seem similar to Drives although it's probably just a coincidence. One of these was attacking 00 Raiser in TAB.

They may have Quantum Brainwaves if one of the scenes (gss subs) where Billy thought they did as far as I remember was true, so that's maybe ONE. It may explain how they adapt to GN Drives so easily, I mean they can adapt to pretty much anything but they do seem to have their own brand of GN Particles at least once they finished imitating the Drives.

It's not a confirmed fact yet that they evolved using GN Particles, but it's visually hinted at least.
Old 2011-01-04, 14:50   Link #132
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
it seem that true form of ELS is simply liquid that can be transform to any shape. like villain in terminator 2

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 15:53   Link #133
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I can't wait to see what Mizushima's explanation is on the green particles at the ELS homeworld. It's either gonna be cool or "lol wat?".
Old 2011-01-04, 16:04   Link #134
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I was thinking about that myself, but now that I really think about it, GN-particles involved in the creation don't seem that strange. I mean, considering a gas giant like Jupiter is needed to create the main special component for GN-Drives, wouldn't it be possible for GN-Particles to occur naturally in a gas giant's environment?
Old 2011-01-04, 16:16   Link #135
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The most important property of GN Particles' effect on humans was quantum brainwaves, allowing humans to link their minds together, hear and understand each other.

I believe that GN Particles gave the ELS similar 'quantum brainwaves', just that ELS may not have an organ like a brain. But still the ELS are all linked into a hive mind by their 'quantum brainwaves'.

ELS is shown to be made up of individual hexagonal bio-metallic cells. They are essentially nanomachines and can coordinate with every other cell through 'quantum brainwaves', allowing them to transform into virtually any macro form they want and adapt to situations rapidly.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 16:44   Link #136
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I maybe the only one, but I felt really bad for the ELS initially. All they were doing is what they do assimilate to understand.

Then the Earth Federation comes in, and blows them to metallic space dust.

It's almost like animal cruelty, but on a massive scale.
Old 2011-01-04, 17:05   Link #137
DV04

I don't think so since the ESF responded to self defense since it was on a collision course to Earth.
DV04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 18:25   Link #138
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV04 View Post
I don't think so since the ESF responded to self defense since it was on a collision course to Earth.
There was never anything said about a collision course. The ELS were coming to Earth to gain a better understanding.

But at that time, the ESF took their plantoid revealing as a threat, so accordingly, they acted in self defense.

I don't think the ELS started to become aggressive till they started turning into mobile suits.
Old 2011-01-04, 18:30   Link #139
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

ELS evolves from a Jupiter like planet which is apparently destroyed by the star transforming into red Giant, I wonder if it is possible to have our own Jupiter could give rise to such creature (in reality)?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 20:23   Link #140
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
There was never anything said about a collision course. The ELS were coming to Earth to gain a better understanding.
Let me make a better analogy. Its like the ISS is antiquated space junk its orbit about to crash towards a populated city. It is blown up nicely so it can burn up in the atmosphere.

Nobody thought it was infected by Space Aliens!

Now is the concept clear to you.

On GN particles evolving organisms so basically its Getter Rays huh? .

No GN particles under the right conditions can artificially turn a person to a Innovator.

Al-Hal and SoMarie was not bathed in GN particles but genetically engineered as Super Soldiers yet have Quantum brainwaves.

Descartes and Ami Lee are naturals as far as we can tell.

This shows Aeolia Schenberg not merely planned it all but predicted evolutionary change would happen accurately. Puts Char's father to shame as his theories never pan out as predicted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme
ELS evolves from a Jupiter like planet
More accurately the ELS evolved from a planet which had similar conditions to Earth. They started assimilation on their own homeworld. Later when they had to do a Macross emigration and colonization they did the same to their new homeworld.

Assimilation is perfectly normal for ELS only now did they learn sentient beings would object to assimilation.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote