AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-06, 15:18   Link #81
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

heh wtf I remember reading a few chapters of the manga and I didn't like it. It was one of those manga with lots of images in the drawing and hard to follow. But the first episode had humor I didn't get when I read the first few chapters manga.

So to my main question, is there more to this anime than girl chase guy? Another ikkitousen type anime?
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 15:51   Link #82
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003
Just to let you guys know....Tenjo Tenge episode 1 has been subbed....That is all.
by which group?
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 16:16   Link #83
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

The series is licensed. Please do not post or request information with regards
to what groups are fansubbing it, when releases occur and/or anything else
you might think helpful in that endeavor.

Honestly, if posting links to licensed material is not allowed it should stand
to reason that hinting at, iluding to or providing the names of people that are
actively engaged in fansubbing or scanlating licensed material wouldn't be
allowed either. >.>
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 16:24   Link #84
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
heh wtf I remember reading a few chapters of the manga and I didn't like it. It was one of those manga with lots of images in the drawing and hard to follow. But the first episode had humor I didn't get when I read the first few chapters manga.

So to my main question, is there more to this anime than girl chase guy? Another ikkitousen type anime?
There is fighting in it, but theres more fanservice and sex scenes compared to the amount of fighting that goes on.

Last edited by Crimson; 2004-04-06 at 21:31.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 17:30   Link #85
Mr.Minou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
There is fighting in it, but theres more fanservice and sex scenes compared to the amound of fighting that goes on.

are you sure we read the same manga ?
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 20:20   Link #86
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

tenjo tenge is a great manga... also, I'm pretty sure there is more fighting/training than sex scenes...

the show is nice too... the opening song and intro movie are great...
Old 2004-04-06, 20:50   Link #87
emessen

he said fanservice and sex scenes.... not just sex scenes...

and yes fanservice and sex scenes do appear more often than fighting sequences
Old 2004-04-06, 21:44   Link #88
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Yes like emessen said, i was talking about fanservice and sex scenes not just the sex scenes alone. And if you go through each volume you'll see that there is more fanservice and sex scenes that there is fighting. Heck, even when they are fighting theres fanservice. Like that Aya v/s Emi fight in volume 2, i have to say i enjoyed that though, the fanservice of course ^^.

Last edited by Crimson; 2004-04-06 at 21:59.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 23:35   Link #89
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

I just saw episode 1, and it was pretty decent. The animation ranged from pretty good & smooth to crappy, although it seems the crappy scenes were the less important ones. I kinda like the punkish feeling to it (although the fan service is definitely NOT punkish), and the fighting reminds me of over the top stuff I've seen from Airmaster. There was fan service (plenty of it, I suppose), but no sex so far (and I doubt they would show that on TV). I've gotten so used to fan service that I guess it just doesn't bother me that much anymore. The chibi girl's sister really REALLY ANNOYS me. Ugh...with such a big(?) body, why is her voice like that? She sounds like a preschooler
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 23:40   Link #90
lynne_huang

I really liked the manga (read till vol 10), though it got kinda confusing in the middle volumes where it's just all action scenes and after a while, you kind of forget whom's fighting whom! But I was pretty disappointed with the anime's portrayal of Natsumi Aya, she oughta be prettier!
That aside, it's not too bad for a first episode. Wonder how the following episodes would turn out.

Last edited by lynne_huang; 2004-04-08 at 21:04. Reason: typo error!
lynne_huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 00:14   Link #91
kujoe
from head to heel

I'm kind of disappointed with the way Aya sounds too. It's like it needs more energy, while it should be toned down at the same time. Strange evaluation, I know. In the anime she's more gentle or quiet, while in the manga she seems more upbeat and cheerful.

And Maya's chibi form amuses me a lot. It's like she's some bratty little kid who's trying to act like a smart ass. Hisakawa does a fine job as her voice actress too.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 14:19   Link #92
ACE2003

Spoiler:
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 20:53   Link #93
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
You know, i'm glad you just said that. Because that means you don't care about other people's opinion so you want this thread to be all biased with morons who kiss you ass and accept everything you say about the show.
Oh I care about your opinion, otherwise I wouldn't have taken the time to post that long post then, would I?

Now what I said I said so not cause I don't care for your opinion but because I think it's shit. That is all. If that makes you feel happy, good for you.

Quote:
I noticed how long it took you to actually answer my question which means you most likely went back into the manga to come up with this summary. I know and you know you didn't remember all of this.
Can you prove that? I proved that I know the story. Can you prove that I looked back at the manga? (which I didn't do even once, that was all from memory, otherwise I would've found out Takayanagi's full name)
Old 2004-04-08, 21:00   Link #94
nubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 21:05   Link #95
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

About Tenjo Tenge: if they're planning to release this in the US, is it going to be on TV? What channel maybe?

I don't imagine they'd think of putting it on Cartoon Network, maybe Adult Swim. What do you people think?
Old 2004-04-08, 23:38   Link #96
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

So anyone hoping that in the end, there is a Aya Natsume - Masataka Takayanagi pairing up instead? Somehow I do find myself supporting Masataka instead of Souichiro. Souichiro just seems one-dimensional (in terms of thinking and motivation) to me compared to Masataka.

So...
Spoiler for episode 2:
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 00:04   Link #97
ACE2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
About Tenjo Tenge: if they're planning to release this in the US, is it going to be on TV? What channel maybe?

I don't imagine they'd think of putting it on Cartoon Network, maybe Adult Swim. What do you people think?

I think Adult Swim would be a perfect fit for this show. Lots of adult situations and violence, so Adult Swim would be it's best bet.

As for Aya and Masataka, I hope not. Masataka is too dorky for Aya IMO!! ^_^ I think Aya and Nagi look cute together. After all she did steal his first kiss! I don't see Aya flocking to Masataka anytime soon.
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 05:09   Link #98
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
So anyone hoping that in the end, there is a Aya Natsume - Masataka Takayanagi pairing up instead? Somehow I do find myself supporting Masataka instead of Souichiro. Souichiro just seems one-dimensional (in terms of thinking and motivation) to me compared to Masataka.
Actually, that's a point of contention among fans. For me, both of them have flaws. While Nagi's a guy with a big mouth, Masataka lacks personality. They seem to be better in the anime though.

From the story itself, it makes more sense that Nagi and Aya will get closer with each other because of a shared destiny they share. Aya says it herself--"destiny." It's not 100% sure if they'll end up together romantically but if you've read the manga, this will make more sense. If the anime will be faithful to the manga, it'll soon be revealed that...

Spoiler:
And since Masataka is the one supplying the commentary, Nagi will definitely look one-dimensional from the start. (I wonder how this can be balanced out--but whatever.) Beats me if this was the intention of the author or not, but it's like he's forcing the readers/viewers to see the story from a more 'objective' fashion. I mean, how many of us can totally associate ourselves with a bunch of hoodlums like Nagi and Bob?

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-04-09 at 08:41.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 09:00   Link #99
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
I mean, how many of us can totally associate ourselves with a bunch of hoodlums like Nagi and Bob?
I suppose I can in a way.....
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 14:37   Link #100
uzmynem

Send a message via MSN to uzmynem Send a message via Yahoo to uzmynem
Man whatsup with all this licensing???
oh and by the way I keep seeing that tenjou is licensed by some american company does that mean soon we wont be able to dl the remaining episodes, we just started and this anime looks good
anybody know whats gona happen in terms of licensing.......'
uzmynem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, seinen