AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-16, 09:29   Link #561
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Mass Effect 2 for me. Much as I like the characters of Blazblue, an RPG will be able to hold my interest for far longer than a fighter.

Now if they were making a Blazblue RPG on the other hand...
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 18:51   Link #562
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
'kay so, results for SBO 2009 starting from Top Sixteen. Pulled off of Dustloop.At least it wasn't Nu is all I can say. HELL YEAH, BEES.

Count off for the lazy:
Nu - 6
Rachel - 4
Litchi - 2
Arakune - 1
Bang - 1
Carl - 1
Taokaka - 1
Carl was a finalist. Huzzah!
Old 2009-08-16, 20:45   Link #563
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I've noticed that the number of Jins I run into online has dropped pretty heavily lately. There seems to be a growing number of Ragnas, Litchis, and Hakumens. Finally played a few Rachels too, including one who did nothing but use Tiny Lobelia and Sword Iris. Was like playing myself from a month ago.

Also randomly looking at the leaderboards today I have apparently beaten the guy ranked #41 overall and #4 as Hakumen in a mirror match.

As for new characters, I'd actually like to see Valkenhayn more than anyone else. Just from his small role in the story he seems like he'd be an awesome character. Jubei too, I'd like to see "the most powerful creature in the world" fight.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 15:10   Link #564
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I've been playing many Tagar's online recently. Seem like theres alot more people using him lately.

Been using Taokaka lately and she's awesome. People keep hating on my Noel(I don't spam) so I made an switch to her. Gets annoying getting hate mail for no reason. I'll always use Ragna though XD.

As for new characters. Given the true ending of the game, I think Tsubaki has the highest chance to be an playable character(She'll defintely be my main without quesition regardless of anything). Hoping she'll be an tough character to use so she'll won't be in the Ragna/Jin/Noel category since people use them the most. Other than her, anyone else is an toss up.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-08-18 at 20:08.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 08:01   Link #565
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I think Tsubaki and Hazama chars is for certain. But i'll still cheer for Makoto to get her chance too, she even got a reason to fight, to make sure that Tsubaki and Noel will not get each other.

If Makoto got her chance, i will put Rachel to rest for a while. Not to mention that they could make something entirely new.

These days i'm trying to make something new with Rachel. Can't say i got the handle of the new stuff, but i'm in the right way. It's better than playing and using the same tricks over and over, even though they work.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 15:23   Link #566
Clarste
Human

I think Hazama/Terumi might not be playable precisely because he's the major villain. They might keep him in the shadows of things, like "that man" from Guilty Gear.

I can see Kokonoe as a semi-joke character using rocket punches and stuff.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 10:40   Link #567
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

At first i thought Hazama would be like That Man, but i don't know... Maybe we will get a Hazama char, but not a Terumi char.

Hey, guys, since the dlc was released in the japanese store last week, it will probably be today in the american store. It's not big stuff, but for the people who were waiting(like me, haha) it's really nice to see it coming. There is the unlock for the unlimited charas, the new colors and a theme. I will probably get only Rachel color(and whoever came with her) and the theme.
Old 2009-08-20, 13:54   Link #568
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

since we're getting new characters from the game itself i was wondering if we'll get any characters from GG in the future

and one more thing... i'm not a tagar expert but can anyone tell me if it's possible to counter a regular grab/ grab DD while chaining him with combos?
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 14:23   Link #569
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I think a lot of us would pay good money for GG characters to be DLC. I know I'd probably fork out $5 for Dizzy alone, haha.

It says quite a bit that they're not just jumping on the opportunity--it actually earns some respect points from me, since they're probably thinking of game balance, and maintaining the integrity of the new series.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 14:40   Link #570
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
I think a lot of us would pay good money for GG characters to be DLC. I know I'd probably fork out $5 for Dizzy alone, haha.

It says quite a bit that they're not just jumping on the opportunity--it actually earns some respect points from me, since they're probably thinking of game balance, and maintaining the integrity of the new series.
But Sega owns Guilty Gear now, so i think they really can't do this even if they wanted.

Of course i would kill to see Slayer in Blazblue, but... We can't have everything.
Old 2009-08-20, 15:02   Link #571
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
But Sega owns Guilty Gear now, so i think they really can't do this even if they wanted.

Of course i would kill to see Slayer in Blazblue, but... We can't have everything.
sorry if i'm way behind the news but... whoa sega owns GG now? so that means overture wasn't created by aksys?

anyways, there goes my dreams of having Order-Sol in blazblue all shattered into pieces
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 15:59   Link #572
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I'm not surprised to see that people don't know, i only found this like a month ago:
http://kotaku.com/5130806/who-owns-t...to-guilty-gear

Sol's case is different. From what i've heard, Daisuke is the owner of the character, so there is a possibility of seeing him in Blazblue, but for the others chars, Arc would have to pay rights to sega....

For Overture, they probably paid for Ky to appear. That's why the game is so different from the rest of the series and why it doesn't have almost anyone from the old cast.
Old 2009-08-21, 13:52   Link #573
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
My friend just got me hooked on this game when I was over at his house. I knew I'd like it, just not that it would be THAT easy to get into. Honestly there's just so much life and atmosphere to all the characters, settings, music and fighting mechanics that it's hard not to love it. I prefer to play as Rachel (yeah I know big shock eh? ) at the moment and actually won something like 75% of my matches against my and friend and his brother. The only thing I have trouble with is Jin. It seems like he's fast, easy to do combos with and does decent damage and doesn't take a whole lot in return. A scrub character more or less.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 14:05   Link #574
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
My friend just got me hooked on this game when I was over at his house. I knew I'd like it, just not that it would be THAT easy to get into. Honestly there's just so much life and atmosphere to all the characters, settings, music and fighting mechanics that it's hard not to love it. I prefer to play as Rachel (yeah I know big shock eh? ) at the moment and actually won something like 75% of my matches against my and friend and his brother. The only thing I have trouble with is Jin. It seems like he's fast, easy to do combos with and does decent damage and doesn't take a whole lot in return. A scrub character more or less.
Rachel is a fun character, though Carl doesn't get enough love so I main him instead. Jin's ice car makes me sad...

What we need is more Dora Bang and less Arakune (kidding). XD
Old 2009-08-21, 14:20   Link #575
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
My friend just got me hooked on this game when I was over at his house. I knew I'd like it, just not that it would be THAT easy to get into. Honestly there's just so much life and atmosphere to all the characters, settings, music and fighting mechanics that it's hard not to love it. I prefer to play as Rachel (yeah I know big shock eh? ) at the moment and actually won something like 75% of my matches against my and friend and his brother.
WHAT A SHOCKING NEWS!

Lolz. I was expecting that if it's you, Rachel's fanclub will have one more member .
Need to stop the habit of going into Hyper mode of Bang, though.
Old 2009-08-21, 14:37   Link #576
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
WHAT A SHOCKING NEWS!

Lolz. I was expecting that if it's you, Rachel's fanclub will have one more member .
Need to stop the habit of going into Hyper mode of Bang, though.
That hyper mode seems like more of a gimmick than a truly useful move. I haven't played Bang yet, but he didn't appear to get all that noticeably faster and at the loss of multiple moves....

Anyway, right now the next thing I want to do when I play again is to try and fight computer Jin because I want to see if he's really as unbalanced as I think he is. I'm pretty good on picking up on exploits and character drawbacks a lot of the time, but he didn't seem to have any. Hakumen is kind of slow, Ragna seems balanced, Bang seems weak but fast and tricky, however Jin has no significant weakness that I can pinpoint. He's good at range, good up close, good in the air, good at everything. My friend keeps claiming he has low defense and that his Ice Car and most of his moves have low priority to no priority, but I saw really high defence and insane priority so I don't know.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 18:53   Link #577
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

You see people using Bang's Furinkazan a lot even in high level play. Double dash + double jump = good feint possibilities, your crossups becomes a nightmare to guess, and ease of avoiding a lot of attacks (which you'll need, since you can't block). And if nothing else, if you have a life lead you can just pretty much just run away from Hakumen/Tager and get a timeout win lol.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 19:56   Link #578
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
... And if nothing else, if you have a life lead you can just pretty much just run away from Hakumen/Tager and get a timeout win lol.
Hm...How could you, Dora?
Old 2009-08-21, 20:05   Link #579
Westlo
Lets be reality

I lol'd when I read this on Versus City's SBO wrap up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oichi
During the Blazblue prelims, everyone was going crazy whenever an Arakune, Rachel or v-13 lost a round or a fight. Whenever a lower tier character like Carl or Bang started gaining the advantage, the place went nuts too, so far as to ignore the highlighted match on the big screen. Hopefully Arc Systems sees how painful it is to watch the top 3 dominate the game and makes some thoughtful changes.
Wonder how Arc Systems will handle those 3.. nerf them or buff the rest.. hard balancing act.. since low tier characters like Tager and Hakuman are like one good move away from being broken.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 23:16   Link #580
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I don't blame them. Not just because it's always cool to cheer for the weaker one, but also because seeing Arakune fights(and Nu, to a VERY lesser extent) is boring as hell...

Well, i guess it's obvious that Rachel and Arakune are going to get a good nerf. I don't know how they would do that with Nu without changing all of her style, maybe a good time in the fridge, like they did with Justice in GGX, would do good for her.

Oh, yeah, i never noticed, but Jubei appears in Taokaka's astral finish. They don't even need to make a char from the zero for him, hehe.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360