AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-02, 10:09   Link #61
Gooral
Banned

@Ryus
But we're talking about Beth here. Beth. Who is supposed to be as strong as an abyssal and was doped by the rods also. And Duff was a henpecked husband because Riful could whip his as* any time, so Beth should also be many times stronger than him.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:11   Link #62
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Yagi, I am dissapointed

Spoiler for 102:
Ah but consider what Beth and Alicia were like in terms of body type. Alicia was extremely fast, but the price was being a fragile frame. Dauf was certainly slower and lacked the blades, but his frame was strong and he is covered in armor. Again, I don't think number had as much to do with the recent deaths as each awakened form having its perks/weaknesses.

Alicia is scissors, dauf is rock, Riful is paper, and Priscilla is tank.

Rudimentary, but I am running out of time, so I had to make it quick.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:11   Link #63
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
@Ryus
But we're talking about Beth here. Beth. Who is supposed to be as strong as an abyssal and was doped by the rods also. And Duff was henpecked husband because Riful could whip his as* any time.
exactly its more impressive a number 3 than a number 2 with equal power to a number 1 makes such a hit
Old 2010-04-02, 10:13   Link #64
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I know, which is why I went into that long tangent about damage...still...she has several expressions of "pain" and almost alarm and fear.

She transformed because she was presumably not strong enough to get away otherwise, so amazingly, she was put into a defensive position. Her of all people . [/SPOILER]

She's not on the defensive... she's just lost the offensive due to Dauf's defense. So she powered up to get it back, that's all. She's still very much on the offensive and not against the ropes.

The real question is why the rod passed through Dauf and Riful the first time but not the second... Did he stick them in his self to gain power and kill Priscilla for vengeance?

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-04-03 at 00:05.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:14   Link #65
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Spoiler for 102:
Spoiler for 102:
Old 2010-04-02, 10:14   Link #66
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Spoiler for 102:
Spoiler for ch102:
Old 2010-04-02, 10:19   Link #67
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Spoiler for 102:

Spoiler for Responses:

Spoiler for MisterJB:
Old 2010-04-02, 10:20   Link #68
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler:

btw JB, sometimes you overdo it with your optimism
Old 2010-04-02, 10:22   Link #69
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
@Ryus
But we're talking about Beth here. Beth. Who is supposed to be as strong as an abyssal and was doped by the rods also. And Duff was a henpecked husband because Riful could whip his as* any time, so Beth should also be many times stronger than him.
Hey... I agree we need an explanation. I get that your screaming foul... I'm just saying Dauf has 3 rods and was full awakened when Beth was infected as a warrior with only one rod. There are difference. BTW I don't see Dauf as stronger than Beth at all just that he ambushed Priscilla and has armor that needs a specialized weapon.

Priscilla would have killed Dauf 5 times over in human form if it wasn't for his armor. She's still way stronger and faster. However she can't hurt the other guy and she's not the type to play games, so she's going all out and transforming into her awakened form. Which we all knew was coming . Priscilla, since her awakening, always goes for the quick and easy kill, when she chooses to kill that is. This is no different from Teresa going 10% against Priscilla. There's just too much risk due to Dauf's armor to stay in human form, she has a better way and is choosing to use it that's all.

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-04-03 at 00:05.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:25   Link #70
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Reply:

Spoiler for Ryus:

Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2010-04-02, 10:28   Link #71
Gooral
Banned

One other thing. H&D are retarded. They've stopped to see the fight instead of using this opportunity and escape as far as they can. In this chapter nothing makes sense.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:28   Link #72
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Spoiler for 102:
Spoiler for 102:

Quote:
What?

Quote:
Spoiler for MisterJB:
Thank you. Someone who see things as they are.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:29   Link #73
Ulquihorror

Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-02, 10:31   Link #74
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
One other thing. H&D are retarded. They've stopped to see the fight instead of using this opportunity and escape as far as they can. In this chapter nothing makes sense.
Roflmao, you are all over this chapter are you?

But all the critiques so far are indeed sound.

Of course, it's still possible the dialog will clear up some things, let's wait for a translation before we completely destroy this chapter .
Old 2010-04-02, 10:34   Link #75
Gooral
Banned

There is scanlation already out and with shrimpy's translation !!! Thank racjona for noticing.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:35   Link #76
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
What he said.

I enjoyed seeing Riful's corpse. The expression of pain and astonishment on her face were very satisfying. Still, where are the holes that priscilla did?
Old 2010-04-02, 10:36   Link #77
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
There is scanlation already out and with srimpy's translation !!!
SHRIMPY?!??!

This month has one surprise after another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB
What he said.

I enjoyed seeing Riful's corpse. The expression of pain and astonishment on her face were very satisfying. Still, where are the holes that priscilla did?
ANOTHER thing I forgot - the reason I thought Riful and Dauf, especially Riful, got cut to complete and utter shreds was before of the attack. She has arm-blades ALL over her body, which made me think she was in itty bitty pieces. Instead, we have half her body right here.

Hmm...

---

Reading the scanlation, Priscilla said Dauf INTENTIONALLY got infected....how can he intentionally do anything if he was supposed to be dead?....

Something happened when she was eating that she didn't intend. Maybe her only target was Riful and she didn't ever plan to eat Dauf? Strange, but she said she would leave him to an agonizing death, maybe she never wanted to actually eat him.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:36   Link #78
Nixl

Damn I thought people would be happy by the fact that the quality didn't drop like in some other chapters. Oh well, can't please everyone I guess.

Probably should be expected when we sit for hours analyzing everything, heh.

I think the Infected Dauf is a damn nice obstacle, especially since he is the trigger to get P to transform. That I think will be her downfall, since she went from a starving AB in a energy conserving form, to a hungry AB form which will probably not conserve energy as well. She does have a lot of yoki, but I doubt she is like Isley or Riful who can use it intelligently. As I said before, Priscilla is tank.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:38   Link #79
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Lol, Dietrich is no longer a single digit. Loser.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:44   Link #80
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Damn I thought people would be happy by the fact that the quality didn't drop like in some other chapters. Oh well, can't please everyone I guess.

Probably should be expected when we sit for hours analyzing everything, heh.

I think the Infected Dauf is a damn nice obstacle, especially since he is the trigger to get P to transform. That I think will be her downfall, since she went from a starving AB in a energy conserving form, to a hungry AB form which will probably not conserve energy as well. She does have a lot of yoki, but I doubt she is like Isley or Riful who can use it intelligently. As I said before, Priscilla is tank.
I wouldn't say this is true - this dominant aggressive persona that we see so far, is quite cunning and intelligent. She analyzed Alicia and Beth's attacks very fast and seems pretty shrewd.

As for the power, I think that's been shown as false considering the sheer power she has shown. We always thought her hunger and her power was linked, but I don't think it's really like that. She was weakening herself by not eating, but I don't think she's lost any power because of it and, considering she's eaten 3 Abyssal-Level warriors so far, I'd say the majority of her strength has rejuvenated if it was, 3/4 more or less depending on how much power you think she has.
Closed Thread