AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-06-03, 12:23   Link #701
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I really had thought to have already answered, but i actually didn't post: my bad.

I started sundome, but the characters were often portrayed with those memes or whatever they are, and i found it very annoying. Dropped it, even tho the girl was a bit interesting.

I Started Renai Akuma and currently reading it: i was wondering why i couldn't find it around, and indeed it was made by some guy. It's labeled as hentai, but Oretama or Velvet Kiss went even beyond that, lol, still remaining in the ecchi department. Afterall, both are censored, so it makes little sense.

I plan to watch My Lovely Ghost KANA definitely, and i'm already set for a scenario like Ano Hana. Oh, don't say anything, even if this show isn't sad like Ano Hana: don't spoil anything, i'll get to know by myself. I plan to finish Renai Akuma and then get straight to this title.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 17:47   Link #702
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

actually it's a manga but it's still good since you were looking something like velvet kiss but having a ghost girl like in anohana I thought it was a good title to suggest.

what are you planning to read/watch next?
Old 2012-06-03, 17:58   Link #703
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I finished reading My lovely Ghost Kana, and i'm very happy that you suggested such title:
Spoiler for spoilers about the story:

I wanted it to last longer . Since this title differs from the other i read, i'll now make two separate lists for mangas aswell. Pointless to say that this title gets my all.

What do i plan to watch now? I don't really know, and i'll think about it next week, since tomorrow i have university. I'll probably be already home by wednesday, if everything goes as planned.
Old 2012-06-03, 18:26   Link #704
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

well I'm glad you liked it and I'm waiting to see What kind of rating you are giving it and the other titles you've read

you should really start with love lucky next week

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-06-03 at 18:44.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:15   Link #705
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Rated it 9.8 and put under Onani Master Kurosawa.

Btw, i hadn't finished reading Renai Akuma, it's just that i wanted to start My lovely ghost Kana so badly that i dropped it for the moment. Next week i'll finish it and get my hands on Love lucky.

Thank you as always for your suggestions, they are very much appreciated.

PS:
If it wasn't for its short lenght, and if the story was just a little more developed, with some twist, My lovely ghost Kana would have become my favorite title. Just, where the fuck do you find and heartwarming and lovely romance with loads of sex? It was really long that i looked for a real romance where the two partners love each other really much and make out like they should. What i always get are either good romance stories with nothing more than a kiss, or full ecchi titles with little to no passion/romance. That title was a winner: the author should have milked some more out of it; if he did, this title would have skyrocketed my list, haha (it's actually 2° eh)
Old 2012-06-03, 19:18   Link #706
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

check out ai ren same author as my lovely ghost khana I heard it has the same feeling

sometimes the best romance titles are not the most famous ones I always try to look out for those.finding out if the title is good you can't be too picky.I see you see sometimes skip titles because of a bad synopsis,front cover without knowing first hand if you are going to like it or not which is not a good way to approach manga/anime.Also I think seinens
have better romance titles than shounens.
seinen>shounen there is no way clannad can be the best romance title

EDIT 2

if you are ever interested I could suggest you some good japanese/korean movies with romance of course.

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-06-03 at 22:12.
Old 2012-06-04, 12:07   Link #707
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
What do i plan to watch now? I don't really know, and i'll think about it next week, since tomorrow i have university. I'll probably be already home by wednesday, if everything goes as planned.
Well, if you want something lighter, rewatch Majikoi! since the uncensored DVD release is out. If you want something more romantic and serious, you could rewatch Clannad, starting from the very beginning (episode 1 of course). If you want serious action, enjoy either Darker than Black or Blue Exorcist.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 21:08   Link #708
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I think it's time to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 09:35   Link #709
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

now here is a title that takes a different approach than your usual love triangles.
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=3515

Edit
after reading ai ren I now came to realize that if my MLGK hadn't been canceled we would have gotten an entirely different ending for it.this author knows how to give life to his characters there were times when the mood was happy I was happy and when things were sad I was too.one thing I probaly didn't like about this manga was the side stories with characters I didn't care about. it got annoying to the point were I couldn't enjoy the main characters as much as I wanted to.

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-06-06 at 10:16.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:31   Link #710
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok, got back like 1h ago:

@Misaofan: probably some time ago, when i was ONLY into animes, i would have been happy even with some old fashioned romance, or even a title that had nearly no romance, but still a hint of it; that was because i had already burnt most of the titles i rated as my favorite, and therefore only little things were left over. I was really going to watch even shit animes, with the only reason that they had some little romance. I would have been happy even with just that...

That was untill i got into mangas, that provide a lot more than the animes i watched, since it looks like they can deal with "some certain contents" without much trouble (while anime have censorship and other shit). Let's say they are more free, content wise, and so i'm really enjoying them. Also, i still have lots of those mangas to read, with the contents i like, and that's why low priority animes got even lower in my "what to do" list.

Clannad
was on the low priority list because:
1) It was slow and boring (just how many the fuck episodes did the ghost-girl route take? Holy shit)
2) I didn't like the main heroine because she looked dumb, clumsy, sickly, always needing help from any hole. What made me feel sick were those little round things she was always drawing, with that retarded happy face... what was that, i don't even... i mean, elementary school nostalgy or what? It made the anime look, at my eyes, too childish, with just that shit. Probably this kind of hyper sweet things just make me mad, lol.
3) I didn't like much the artwork, the hair antenna made them look like scarafags or something... snails maybe, or bugs.... The protagonist was enough ok tho, but still, considering what i currently have under my hands, this title doesn't even come close, and fell even lower in my list.

Now, even tho i'm ALMOST completely on mangas, i will watch some of those titles in my list from time to time (example, every 5 mangas 1 anime, or something like that), and the title i'll watch will most likely be something that doesn't even have romance (or very little of it), like DN or FMA: for your information, the next anime i planned to watch is Darker than Black, because it just inspires me very much; one of the main characters looks exactly like Izaya of Durarara, that was my favorite character of that anime.

Just keep in mind that for me, to approach such "non romance" animes, i need the mood; after having read many romance/ecchi romances, i felt the need to try something different but still awesome, and that was FMA. However, as you can see, all the non-romance titles i watched/plan-to-watch are objectively awesome.

Now, as i said last week, i'll finish Renai Akuma and then get on Love lucky; next title will probably be Ai Ren (I expect something like Kimi no iru machi).

PS:
Last week i had started Nodame cantabile finale just because i felt bored, and watched 3/12 episodes. I'll eventually finish it within this week, maybe.
Old 2012-06-07, 14:30   Link #711
Elegance

The manga LovePlus: Rinko Days. Its a bit short but sweet ^.^
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 14:57   Link #712
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

the two couples in ai ren are just like kana and the other guy the only thing that might ruin your experience with ai ren is the predictable ending which is told early in the manga. so what do you think of honeymoon salad are you adding it to your list?
Old 2012-06-07, 15:12   Link #713
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ye sorry, i forgot to answer that since i was lost in my textwalls; anyways yes, i'll add it to the list.

Ah btw, just so you get the idea, My lovely ghost Kana had the perfect atmosphere i was looking for: heartwarming romance between two lovers that love each other much, and make love.

Most of the heartwarming romances are strict on ecchi, and barely show off a kiss. On the other side, most of ecchi and provocative titles are just that: sexy. No serious relationships involved, and mostly liked for their comedy and fanservice. What i was looking for was a sort of "romantic hentai", but i thought such thing couldn't exist, because of the main purpose of hentai titles. That was untill you suggested My lovely ghost Kana: they should make more of these, where even sex is shown, because it isn't fucking bad. I think to be much romantic, but i also think that physical contact is important in a relationship that can be called that way. As i said, if it was milked some more, it would have become my favorite. Definitely the best atmosphere i could find, that's sure. Once again, for me the best atmosphere would be two lovers, that really love each other, doing sexy things.
Old 2012-06-07, 15:19   Link #714
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

just to let you know ai ren is not a bl hentai so you wont see much of the sexy stuff like in kana but the two main characters actually do love each other very much so they do kiss and if your patient those two will get it on.

Edit
just in case you are short on romance manga/anime you could give korean/japanese(not animated) romance movies a try

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-06-07 at 15:38.
Old 2012-06-07, 17:09   Link #715
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Oh ye, about that, i once happened to watch a piece of a japanese movie, but it looked a bit cold, and being european it's not like i could really fit in the character... i mean, in animes or mangas they got huge eyes, so they don't look even close to jap/chinese people, and that's why i tend to see them as anything but chinese/japanese and i'm able to empathize with the characters.

I'm not averse of asian girls, there are some very cute ones out there, but what probably bothers me more are the men, haha. I would definitely exclude jap/korean movies. Oh, and i've also tried not animated movies and series aswell, but it's not like they can get as far as animes and magas do; that's exactly the reason why they do exist: they go further.

EDIT
Btw, just to keep you up to date: finished chap16 of Love Lucky, but it's not like the main couple convinces me much; moreover, i don't really like random guy // idol relationships (Like in White Album), but i can get over it if it gets good. So far they didn't go further than tits grabbing, and it's really getting old. They say to love each other, but i really can't feel it like in Kana. To me it looks like an half hearted relationship... they seem to distant. Probably, even if such thing happened to me, i would get so madly pissed that only if she quit her idol thingie it could work out. Thought that the thing of them getting married was just a setup to show off an abnormal amount of ecchiness like in Yuria no Shiki, but i was kinda wrong. Btw, Erika is hotter than Kirari.

I still want to keep reading it, hoping it gets better, but if it still continues with this idol stuff, singing and them not doing anything, i might get pissed.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-06-07 at 18:38.
Old 2012-06-07, 21:47   Link #716
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok, finished chap34, and now i can say some more:
Spoiler for big spoiler:
Old 2012-06-08, 07:00   Link #717
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

love lucky is still better than most of the stuff that's out there. believe me you don't want to read a title where the main character is like the asshole makoto(school days) or where the girls cheat on the poor bastard and he doesn't do jack shit .

well I thought you might of been interested in watching something else created by the japanse people other than manga/anime/light novels.they can make good movies you just got to know where to look.

just in case you change your mind you can watch this movie which I thought was pretty damn good even though the romance is not part of the main plot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnws8ZymxME
the trailer doesn't say much you have to watch it yourself. lots of twists and turns in this movie

Edit
http://myanimelist.net/manga/3093/Glass_no_Megami
http://myanimelist.net/manga/14491/Hen_Koi! it's short but it's finished

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-06-08 at 09:21.
Old 2012-06-08, 12:14   Link #718
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Give GE : Good Ending, Countrouble and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia a try.
If you are looking for a romantic comedy manga with lots of romantic physical contacts and features a non-retarded male lead, you might enjoy Saikin Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashii n da ga as well and Tsugumomo or Aion if you're looking for an action fantasy title with romance.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-06-08 at 14:47.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 21:39   Link #719
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok, finished reading Love Lucky, and it was enjoyable to some extent, but what really set me off was the main couple: the guy looked like the protagonist of Chobits (in kinda every aspect, with the exception that this one had glasses), and i didn't find the girl much attractive; actually, it's not like the girl was a problem, but it's more that i couldn't associate sexy stuff and perverted stuff to a girl like her; i mean, she just looked like one of those girls for animes aimed to kids, so it kinda feels weird to see them naked and doing all sort of thing. I hope you get what i mean; for example, in My lovely ghost Kana, Kana was cute and a very good girl, but she also had that cute perverted side of her that made it look more like a normal thing (because it's actually a fucking normal thing), and i didn't find out of place the sex scenes, because they were actually filled with love. In LL i felt like Kirari's personality didn't really match her actions, and i also felt like the two lovers were distant, in many ways. Oh ye, i didn't feel the bond much, that's it. I still feel like giving it a 9, because it wasn't bad, still i would like to remind you all that i'm not a fan of this idol thingie or things strictly related to japan culture (like otakus & co)

Now now, i took the time to read the synopsis of these last titles you both suggested, and i'm willing to read them all:
Saikin, Imouto no Yousuga Chotto Okashiindaga - The front cover is very appealing, the story is very ok, and the fact that My lovely ghost Kana appears in the recomendations is enough to convince me to read it. However, since it's still publishing, i wanted to know how much of it has been published and how much time does it pass before a new chap gets translated.
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia - This one appeals me hell much, really; it basically takes off the ecchi factor, that was present in My lovely ghost Kana, to rather focus on the mystery behind the death of the girl; in Kana we didn't get to know why she died, or the identity of some characters, but in this one it looks like the mystery will get played on. The only thing that sets me off is, guess what? It's still publishing. However, since it started in the 2008, i guess that by now, a good amount of chapters has come out, so i wanted to know how much of it has been published/translated, and if i will feel bad after i finish reading the published chapters (leaving in me a feeling of "what the fuck are you waiting to publish the next chapter >;(" )
Countrouble - This aswell appeals me very much, the girl in the front cover is cute, but it got the same problem as the above titles: still publishing. The questions about this title are the same as the previous ones.
Tsugumomo - same as above
Glass no Megami - The cleavage is strong in this one. Definitely going to read it, and it's finished, so that's a good thing
Henkoi - Same as above. This will come in hand when i have little time
Good Ending - I guess you aren't talking about the 1shot but the manga series; in this latter case, the questions are always the same. PS: I read that this title contains things that might not be appreciated by people new to romance mangas: should i pay some kind of particular attention to enjoy it to full?
Old 2012-06-08, 21:54   Link #720
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I say you should start with either one of these

Koi wo Suru no ga Shigoto desu
Nozoki Ana
Love Junkies
Mysterious girlfriend x

or you could try the best one on the list hetakoi