AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 19:28   Link #1481
macdawson

Spoiler for Plot points from chapter 4 brochure's pretty pictures. :D:

Last edited by macdawson; 2013-01-24 at 16:05.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 19:38   Link #1482
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One thing I have not found on Pixiv is any recent fanart of an asteroid ring...so I guess they are not going to do that....at least not yet.
Old 2013-01-23, 21:45   Link #1483
August138

Watch the innocent comments that are essentially spoilers, please. Thanks!
Old 2013-01-24, 05:18   Link #1484
Vito
Asshole.

Megahouse's Akira Yamamoto fig preview (unpainted etc.)

Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 06:00   Link #1485
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
Watch the innocent comments that are essentially spoilers, please. Thanks!
Did your Blu-ray get lost in the mail? Hope not, that would suck. Trying to put the "spoilery" info on spoiler tags, can't vouch for the other users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
One thing I have not found on Pixiv is any recent fanart of an asteroid ring...so I guess they are not going to do that....at least not yet.
In a word. . .
Spoiler:
A fellow forum member has assured me that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Megahouse's Akira Yamamoto fig preview (unpainted etc.)

Why wallet weeps. XD
Old 2013-01-24, 09:25   Link #1486
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
Why wallet weeps. XD
Honestly I didn't go for the previous figure as I found the paintjob to be a bit lackluster, but this one is Yamamoto so I might be more forgiving and go for it
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 12:06   Link #1487
enrico7113

Quote:
in a small way I find it to be a pity, it was an iconic image of Yamato ...
enrico7113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 13:57   Link #1488
August138

Quote:
Did your Blu-ray get lost in the mail? Hope not, that would suck. Trying to put the "spoilery" info on spoiler tags, can't vouch for the other users.
No, I actually having a get-togther with some friends today so they can see it; I'm speaking for whomever is perusing these pages. What's good for the goose...
Old 2013-01-25, 00:08   Link #1489
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The film goes out of theaters in a day or so. So anyone of you that happen to be in Japan might want to take a last opportunity to see it.

After that is the waiting game for the rest of us.

Still. I am hoping for at least an interesting reception to this show once it hits TV in April, were it should get a wider audiance, not only in Japan, but also internationally.

That and wait for the PV for Chapter 5, because that sounds potentially as action packed at the PV for Chapter 4.
Old 2013-01-25, 00:39   Link #1490
enrico7113

a potential fleet engagement that did not materialise was pluto fleet charging the Yamato after the reflex gun destruction
another potential interesting engagement was at the end of episode 10 when Geru small fleet attacks the Yamato that just reentered normal space (with low power levels then possibly unable to use full power to feed guns and shields)
Geru ships are sucked in the dimensional fault ...
Yamato could have emerged victorious given the very bad aim system on the gamilas ships ...
Old 2013-01-25, 14:25   Link #1491
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
If this is the case, perhaps it was General Serizawa who ordered the ships to open fire; and then proceeded to cover it up — leading to his rivalry with Admiral Okita, who overshadows him in "doing the right thing" during Operation K2. Then again, we've got to find out more about the backstory of the first war between Earth and the Martian colony...
Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-26, 00:27   Link #1492
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it will be a month or more (depending on if money is available) before I can check that out.

On another forum (which I don't want to join just to make a single comment even if it on this show as I've done that too much already). The discussion of the 18th Yamato from Yamato 2520 came up.

While I don't particularly care for this vessel (in fact I like the lines of the 17th Yamato featured in the flashbacks much better), I would observe that the main gun turrets can independently elevate so as to provide much greater weapons coverage. So say the enemy is entire on the port side of the vessel. If the ship has regular mounts, only the port side batteries could engage, but 18th Yamato and likely any other Earth ship with this turret configuration (including Blue Noah in the 2009 Resurrection movie) can raise the starboard side batteries so they clear the tops of the port side batteries and engage the enemy with all the guns.

I believe that 18th Yamato gave an example of this by firing all four forward main batteries together at an enemy fleet, which gave the effect of a 2199 era Wave Motion Gun in terms of devistation, at least within a path of destruction in the enemy fleet.

I imagine that if Blue Noah in the Resurrection film, had had time and was not surrounded from the start, it might have provided a similar accounting of itself at the start of that film. It still has an impressive amount of firepower, but was unable to use its full force in the battle. Perhaps if the second film gets made, we might see its sister ship (Blue Earth) give a better accounting for itself.

Blue Noah's more traditional cannon barrels and altered design for the Resurrection film make it looks somewhat better than its brief appearance in Yamato 2520.
Old 2013-01-26, 05:48   Link #1493
macdawson

Quote:
Well it will be a month or more (depending on if money is available) before I can check that out.

On another forum (which I don't want to join just to make a single comment even if it on this show as I've done that too much already). The discussion of the 18th Yamato from Yamato 2520 came up.
Guessing you mean this forum?
http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/inde...c=35927&st=630

I'll be getting the Bandai Channel movie version when it comes out (usualy a week before the BR/DVD's hit stores). It has no subs but it's enough to scratch the itch till those come along. Eventually, when the show has run its course and the merchandising train comes to a halt, i'll get the Blu-Rays. Till then, whatever funds i have go to the merchandising side, as that will reach prohibitive prices when the shops stop selling them. Also, we might be lucky enough that a box set with some nifty extras pops up by then. I sure would love those storyboard books but prices are way too high for my pocket. :'( And being such a collectable thing, i don't expect any scans to pop up any time soon.

Last edited by macdawson; 2013-01-26 at 06:05.
Old 2013-01-26, 06:44   Link #1494
Optimouse Prime

A single screen-shot from Chapter 4:

Spoiler:

Interesting reference ......... !!

Last edited by Optimouse Prime; 2013-01-26 at 07:07.
Optimouse Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 07:32   Link #1495
macdawson

Extensevely debated too.

On the other big reveal from chapter 4..., i just had to do this. Sorry, Shima. XDDD
Spoiler for Shima can't catch a break:
Old 2013-01-26, 07:41   Link #1496
Optimouse Prime

Quote:
Extensevely debated too.
Sorry, I must have missed that. Where?

Quote:
On the other big reveal from chapter 4..., i just had to do this. Sorry, Shima. XDDD
LMAO!
Optimouse Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 07:58   Link #1497
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimouse Prime View Post
Sorry, I must have missed that. Where?
Sorry, the debate about that image wasn't here but on my 2199 Fb page. XD. But the reference has been debated here. Check page 72 and Cyprene's translation of Mirenel's charater file data. Juicy stuff, not to mention a bit of context to this particular line.
Old 2013-01-26, 08:30   Link #1498
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Extensevely debated too.

Remove the XD in the 3rd panel and the *fuck* in the last one and it becomes perfect understatement humor.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 20:19   Link #1499
August138

You guys have to really watch discussing spoilers out in the open (Asteroid Ring, Who Shot First, etc.), I got schooled by the mods for doing the same months ago, and now no one apparently cares, I guess. And I've got my copy of the theatrical-exclusive Blu-ray, and have watched the episodes several times, now. And while I'm not a mod, I would be pissed reading these pages if I wasn't so fortunate. I understand the enthusiasm, but guys, think of the others now, and those who will be perusing these forums later as they discover the series.

With that being said... I've been too busy to contribute much to the discussion here of late, since I've been working on a number of projects (several DVD releases from Shout! Factory, finishing up work on the debut issue of Monster Attack Team from the publishers of Famous Monsters of Filmland, and then the next "Kaiju Issue" of Famous Monsters, as well as a column on Gerry Anderson's influence to Japanese science fiction films and television for another issue). So, now on a rare day off, here's my ¢.02:

Spoiler for Long, Explicit Spoilers for Vol. 4:

Last edited by August138; 2013-01-26 at 21:55.
August138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 03:03   Link #1500
enrico7113

this new serie is pure gold there is much more maturity than the original one (no goddesses helping out the Yamato crew in desperate situations or countdowns that are 1 nanosecond too long or phone calls that delay Dessler actions 1 nanosecond too much ,,,)
anyhow I hope Domel does not end like in the first serie ...
in the first serie his face was much more ... beastly
in this serie he looks more intelligent and reflexive than many other high level generals of the empire (an Okita on the other side of the front)
in the End Frakken succeeds to damage the Yamato and survive ...

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato